GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES!!! Those with low scores please post too!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTAthlete21

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need everyone to post their undergrad university( if you want), Overall and Science GPA, Ex-Cir, Acceptance, Rejection, and Interview!! Those who had low scores and got accepted are encouraged to post to make other people not feel discouraged! Thanks
GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think my application is the strongest so I'm going to post here.

Undergraduate in Nutrition Science. I've been out of school for a couple of years so I am what they call a non traditional applicant.
I have a cGPA of 3.5 pGPA of 3.8
I only had 120 hours of shadowing and my GRE scores are Q147 V150 and W3.5
I applied to 9 schools two in which I was rejected because my GRE scores were sent to the school physically and not through PTCAS.
I have an interview this Friday at UNE which has rolling admissions. I am on a waitlist for an interview with Thomas Jefferson University (they have a 3+3 program and I applied late) and I should be hearing from the other schools sometime this month and next one. Since that's when they start sending interview invites.

Reactions: 1 user
*UPDATED*

Undergrad: California Baptist University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE Scores: Q145 V149 AW4.5
Hours: Around 600 hours in both inpatient/outpatient
Co-Curricular: Played collegiate volleyball for CBU

Accepted: Western University, Loma Linda University (school I have chosen to attend)
Waitlisted:
USF
Rejected: CSUN, Samuel Merrit
Interviews: Loma Linda (completed), Western Univ. (completed), Gannon Univ. (completed), Univ. of Pacific (1/26/18)

I was really anxious around the beginning of this year's PTCAS cycle due to my sub-par GRE scores, but I think that some schools will look past that if everything else on the student's application is really solid! I know there are some schools that are real sticklers when it comes to their GRE requirement but there are plenty of schools out there that aren't! If anyone has any questions regarding interviews and stuff let me know I'd love to help out to the best of my ability. Best of luck to everyone that is applying this cycle and hope that everyone gets in somewhere!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think my application is the strongest so I'm going to post here.

Undergraduate in Nutrition Science. I've been out of school for a couple of years so I am what they call a non traditional applicant.
I have a cGPA of 3.5 pGPA of 3.8
I only had 120 hours of shadowing and my GRE scores are Q147 V150 and W3.5
I applied to 9 schools two in which I was rejected because my GRE scores were sent to the school physically and not through PTCAS.
I have an interview this Friday at UNE which has rolling admissions. I am on a waitlist for an interview with Thomas Jefferson University (they have a 3+3 program and I applied late) and I should be hearing from the other schools sometime this month and next one. Since that's when they start sending interview invites.
I literally just applied to UNE yesterday :/... I'm scared that they might fill up the spots. I also applied to Thomas Jefferson University. How long did it take for you to hear back from UNE and TJU after you applied?

I applied late October to both programs. UNE sent me an email on November 6th saying they were reviewing my application and I received the interview invite on November 20th. They seem to be pretty quick. I've heard everyone usually hears from them withing two weeks.
Same thing with Thomas Jefferson. The only difference is that I was placed on a waitlist.
UNE is one of my top choices along with Regis University so I'm crossing my fingers!
I literally just applied to UNE yesterday :/... I'm scared that they might fill up the spots. I also applied to Thomas Jefferson University. How long did it take for you to hear back from UNE and TJU after you applied?

I applied late October to both programs. UNE sent me an email on November 6th saying they were reviewing my application and I received the interview invite on November 20th. They seem to be pretty quick. I've heard everyone usually hears from them within two weeks.
Same thing with Thomas Jefferson. The only difference is that I was placed on a waitlist.
UNE is one of my top choices along with Regis University so I'm crossing my fingers!
Wow, that's very quick considering the fact that PTCAS says it takes 4-6 weeks for the application to be verified. UNE is my top choice as well. Good luck to you!!

Wow, that's very quick considering the fact that PTCAS says it takes 4-6 weeks for the application to be verified. UNE is my top choice as well. Good luck to you!!
Some programs seem to receive the application electronically and that usually takes about two days after you submit it. Regis University sent me an email two days after I applied to their program. Now there's other schools that can take longer, for example I applied to Arkansas State around the same time and they just recently sent me an email informing me they had received the application.

Undergrad: The University of Virginia’s College at Wise
Major:
Biology
GPA: 3.82
Pre-Req GPA: 3.89
GRE: Q-152, V-152
Hours: 60 inpatient; 20 outpatient
Extracirriculars: Member of SGA, Student-Athlete, Executive Board member of sorority, Student Athlete Board member, Student Athlete Mentor Captain, published author in Skin and Allergy News Medical Journal, TA for a biology lab
LOR- 1 from PT, 1 from a science professor, 1 from my coach, 1 from Athletic Director

Applied: Bellarmine University, South College, University of South Carolina, High Point University, Shenandoah University
Interview: Bellarmine University(11/3), South College(online; at my discretion), High Point University(11/10), Shenandoah University (12/14)
Accepted: Bellarmine University (11/10), South College
Waitlisted: N/A
Rejected: N/A

Accepted: Western Univ.
Rejected:
Interviews: Loma Linda (completed), Western Univ. (completed), Gannon Univ. (completed), Univ. of Pacific (1/26/18)

I was really anxious around the beginning of this year's PTCAS cycle due to my sub-par GRE scores, but I think that some schools will look past that if everything else on the student's application is really solid! I know there are some schools that are real sticklers when it comes to their GRE requirement but there are plenty of schools out there that aren't! If anyone has any questions regarding interviews and stuff let me know I'd love to help out to the best of my ability. Best of luck to everyone that is applying this cycle and hope that everyone gets in somewhere!
Hi! I have an interview with Western on January 11th, and I was wondering if you can tell me what interview day was like. Thanks!!

Interview day was segmented into 4 sections, an admissions/tuition seminar, a question-answering writing session, the interview, and a campus tour. Sorry for not getting back earlier! Good luck!

Accepted: Western Univ.
Rejected:

Hi there! I know this is late but I have my interview with western u in about 10 days and I was wondering if you would be able to give me a little bit of insight on how yours went and the type of questions they asked you? Oh and how the essay portion went?! I’m pretty nervous about that because I don’t really know what to expect? Is it like GRE essay type or more of a general question and describe how you would handle the situation? Any feedback would help dearly!

I also have similar GRE score which has given me low self confidence with other programs that I’ve applied to. :(

Undergrad: Coastal Carolina University
Major: Exercise and Sport Science
Overall GPA: 3.32
Pre-Req GPA: 3.37
GRE Scores: Q150 V152 AW4.5
Hours: 54 inpatient, 404 outpatient
Co-Curricular: Intramural Softball; Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority: Two term secretary, Homecoming and Greek Week Chairwoman
LOR: 2- PT that I did my observation hours with, 1 professor from my major

Accepted: None
Rejected: Western Carolina University, Stockton University, Campbell University, Shenandoah University, University of Wisconsin- La Crosse, University of Central Arkansas, Thomas Jefferson University
Interviews: None

Waiting to hear from: Franklin Pierce University (NH and AZ), Gannon University (Ruskin and Erie), University of New England (My application is still under review as of 12/6 and I submitted my application on Sept. 1), Plymouth State University, University of Vermont, Seton Hall

I'm really scared that I won't get in anywhere. I heard Franklin Pierce sent out their first wave of acceptances last week and I haven't heard from them yet, I haven't hear from Gannon or Plymouth State at all, Seton Halls seems like a big long shot given my stats.

Everyone here has amazing GPA's and I messed up my first two years of being in a major I hated and took classes that weren't needed at all (approx. 40 credit hours) most of which I received C's in. I have nothing lower than a B- in my prerequisites. I am starting to lose hope that I will get in.

Hi there! I know this is late but I have my interview with western u in about 10 days and I was wondering if you would be able to give me a little bit of insight on how yours went and the type of questions they asked you? Oh and how the essay portion went?! I’m pretty nervous about that because I don’t really know what to expect? Is it like GRE essay type or more of a general question and describe how you would handle the situation? Any feedback would help dearly!

I also have similar GRE score which has given me low self confidence with other programs that I’ve applied to. :(

Hi, so the Western interview was pretty straight forward, the essay question was simplistic, it basically just wanted your opinion and perspective on a topic. I don't remember all the interview questions but they pretty broad and the interviewers are just trying to get a feel of you and see if you're a positive fit for the program. I wouldn't worry about the GRE scores, you got the interview and thats the hardest part! That means that they have shown interest in you and now they just want to see if you match up to what they saw on paper. Best of luck, you'll kill it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Undergrad: Coastal Carolina University
Co-Curricular: Intramural Softball; Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority: Two term secretary, Homecoming and Greek Week Chairwoman

Rejected: Western Carolina University, Stockton University, Campbell University, Shenandoah University, University of Wisconsin- La Crosse, University of Central Arkansas, Thomas Jefferson University

Waiting to hear from: Franklin Pierce University (NH and AZ), Gannon University (Ruskin and Erie), University of New England (My application is still under review as of 12/6 and I submitted my application on Sept. 1), Plymouth State University, University of Vermont, Seton Hall

I'm really scared that I won't get in anywhere. I heard Franklin Pierce sent out their first wave of acceptances last week and I haven't heard from them yet, I haven't hear from Gannon or Plymouth State at all, Seton Halls seems like a big long shot given my stats.

Everyone here has amazing GPA's and I messed up my first two years of being in a major I hated and took classes that weren't needed at all (approx. 40 credit hours) most of which I received C's in. I have nothing lower than a B- in my prerequisites. I am starting to lose hope that I will get in.

I have yet to hear from PSU either, but I read that they don't start reviewing applications until after their January 15th deadline, and interviews start in February so we should hopefully be hearing some positive news soon :) Your stats are about average accepted for FPU as well so have some faith...only one round of acceptances have been sent out. I read on here that FPU will be sending out more acceptances every two weeks until their seats are full, and have seen people get accepted in the past through April/May.

Undergrad: University of California-Riverside
Major: B.A. Psychology
Overall GPA: 2.90
Pre-Req GPA: 3.72
GRE Scores: Verbal 150 Quantative 155 Writing 4.0
Hours: >5000 Hours Outpatient, 80 hours Inpatient
LOR: 2 Physical Therapist; 1 Professor

Acceptance: None
Rejection: Washington University of St. Louis, UNT, Des Moines University
Interview: Bellarmine University
Waiting: USC, University of Washington, AT Stills University, Touro Neveda, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), Oklahoma University of Health Science.

Had a low overall GPA after I finished my undergrad (4 years ago) and took some time to get my overall GPA up. I took extra classes related to the field, retook some classes (non prereqs and prereqs) in which I did not do so hot in, and continued to work as an aide for experience. I applied to PT school last year and was rejected to all the programs I applied to. I hope this year I have shown enough improvement to be accepted this year.

I wish everyone else here the best of luck as we all try to transition to the next stages in our career and life.

My OTCAS application was verified Jan. 8, 2018 and two of the three schools I applied to has sent emails stating they received my application. Still waiting for them to reach out if accepted for interview process.
My info is:
AAS degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant
Bachelor degeee in Psychology from University of Phoenix
Freshmean: 1.92
Sophomore: 3.12
Junior: 3.85
Senior: 4.00
Overall GPA: 3.11
Pre-req GPA: 3.9 (repeated a few)
Hours: Been working as a COTA since June, 2012 and worked as a director of therapy for the past two years. Have thousands of hours in OT as I currently work full time. Work in a SNF and have observed in other areas (acute rehab, out patient, home health, hand therapy, mental rehab, etc.
GRE: Did not take the GRE
LOR: 2 OTs (each school I applied to this year only requires a minimal of two)

Applied to: Midwestern (Glendale), Belmont, and Gwynedd
Rejections:
Waitlist:
*Haven’t heard from any schools yet.

What do you guys think are my chances of getting accepted? I have a total of 172.83 graded hours so it will be difficult to raise my GPA.

My OTCAS application was verified Jan. 8, 2018 and two of the three schools I applied to has sent emails stating they received my application. Still waiting for them to reach out if accepted for interview process.
My info is:
AAS degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant
Bachelor degeee in Psychology from University of Phoenix
Freshmean: 1.92
Sophomore: 3.12
Junior: 3.85
Senior: 4.00
Overall GPA: 3.11
Pre-req GPA: 3.9 (repeated a few)
Hours: Been working as a COTA since June, 2012 and worked as a director of therapy for the past two years. Have thousands of hours in OT as I currently work full time. Work in a SNF and have observed in other areas (acute rehab, out patient, home health, hand therapy, mental rehab, etc.
GRE: Did not take the GRE
LOR: 2 OTs (each school I applied to this year only requires a minimal of two)

Applied to: Midwestern (Glendale), Belmont, and Gwynedd
Rejections:
Waitlist:
*Haven’t heard from any schools yet.

What do you guys think are my chances of getting accepted? I have a total of 172.83 graded hours so it will be difficult to raise my GPA.
Are you applying OT or PT?

Waiting: USC, University of Washington, AT Stills University, Touro Neveda, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), Oklahoma University of Health Science.

Had a low overall GPA after I finished my undergrad (4 years ago) and took some time to get my overall GPA up. I took extra classes related to the field, retook some classes (non prereqs and prereqs) in which I did not do so hot in, and continued to work as an aide for experience. I applied to PT school last year and was rejected to all the programs I applied to. I hope this year I have shown enough improvement to be accepted this year.

I wish everyone else here the best of luck as we all try to transition to the next stages in our career and life.
When did you submit your PTCAS? I have similar scores and got into AT Still and have an interview with Bellarmine (declined it) and USA San Marcos (next Friday). I submitted all my schools to PTCAS on August 8th.

When did you submit your PTCAS? I have similar scores and got into AT Still and have an interview with Bellarmine (declined it) and USA San Marcos (next Friday). I submitted all my schools to PTCAS on August 8th.

I submitted my application pretty late on October 1st. Congrats on getting into AT Stills. For USA I applied to the fall start. I'm assuming you went for the summer start?

1. Undergrad degree: BS in Health Science from Gettysburg College
    cGPA:3.11
    pGPA (depending on grade replacement):3.04-3.52
    postBac: 4.0 at community college
    GRE: 159V 156Q 4.0W
    Obs hours: 800 hours at 3 different outpatient, one currently employed as a PT aide, Geriatrics: 75, hospital:100
    Extracurricular: work currently: PT aide, licensed pharmacy tech, barista at local coffee shop
    volunteer: Big Brothers Big Sisters, babysitter at homeless shelter, member of APO service fraternity, math/science tutor for underprivileged high school students, marketing head of College 5K
    other: Deli, employed at college library( 4 yrs), member of dance ensemble
    Applied: American International, Rutgers South, Kean, Seton Hall, Chatam, Marymount, UPitt, Boston University, MGH, Franklin Pierce (NH)
    Acceptances:American International (declined), Franklin Pierce,BU
    Rejections: UPitt (11/22), Rutgers (12/21)
    Interviews: Chatam (deferred), Marymount (waitlist), MGH (waitlist), Kean (deferred)

Posting this as someone that thought PT school was a long shot this round and almost considered switching career paths bc I didn't think I'd ever get in. With strategic applying, retaking classes when necessary, and a decent GRE score you can get into PT school. I graduated college with just barely a 3.0 and way below that in prerequisite courses. Took 4 classes over this past summer and completely changed my chances. Don't give up.

Hi, so the Western interview was pretty straight forward, the essay question was simplistic, it basically just wanted your opinion and perspective on a topic. I don't remember all the interview questions but they pretty broad and the interviewers are just trying to get a feel of you and see if you're a positive fit for the program. I wouldn't worry about the GRE scores, you got the interview and thats the hardest part! That means that they have shown interest in you and now they just want to see if you match up to what they saw on paper. Best of luck, you'll kill it!

Thanks so much I really appreciate it!

*UPDATE*

Undergrad
: Coastal Carolina University

Rejected: Western Carolina University, Stockton University, Campbell University, Shenandoah University, University of Wisconsin- La Crosse, University of Central Arkansas, Thomas Jefferson University. University of Vermont (1/25)

Waiting to hear from: Franklin Pierce University (NH and AZ), Gannon University (Ruskin and Erie), University of New England (My application is still under review as of 12/6 and I submitted my application on Sept. 1), Plymouth State University, Seton Hall

UPDATE

Undergrad:
University of California-Riverside

Rejection: Washington University of St. Louis, UNT, Des Moines University, Touro Neveda
Interview: Bellarmine University, , University of St. Augustine (San Marcos)
Waiting: USC, University of Washington, AT Stills University, Oklahoma University of Health Science.

I submitted my application pretty late on October 1st. Congrats on getting into AT Stills. For USA I applied to the fall start. I'm assuming you went for the summer start?

Yes summer. Just got down with interview for USA last Friday. Most likely will choose AT Still > USA if I get in even though it’s closer to home.

FIRST ACCEPTANCE!

University:
University of California, Irvine
Major: Biological Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.2
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.1 - 3.45 (depending on school)
GRE: 154V 157Q 3.5AW

Extra-Curricular:
Alpha Phi Omega, 4 Years Badminton Club

Honors: Dean's List (1 Quarter haha)

Observation: 127 SNF volunteer

Letters of Recommendation:
Applied to:
Lynchburg, Azusa Pacific, Wheeling, Marymount, Hampton, West Coast, UNE, South College

Accepted: Wheeling (1/30)
Waitlisted:
Marymount (66th-88th on the waitlist; lowest tier), Lynchburg
Rejected: West Coast (Did not meet the 3.0 requirement, had 2.97), UNE
Interviews: Marymount (12/2), Wheeling (1/26)

I am literally crying tears of joy because my GPA is low and I did not have many observational hours or extracurricular as others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Can I ask why you chose AT Still over USA?
Campus for AT Still nicer, more inter professional collaboration opportunities with other medical professionals than just OTs, cheaper by at least 14k, surrounding area for AT Still nicer, curriculum suites me better (I can’t imagine myself learning from a hybrid model of 50/50 class/online curriculum from USA), AT Still has a YMCA next to campus where as gym for USA is lame especially for being a rehab program, the library for USA was sad and small, a lot more students in DPT program at USA than AT Still making the campus feel more cramped. I felt more comfortable being able to study in Arizona (a new place for me since I graduated from UC San Diego, I want to start fresh in a different envionrment for my grad program). Hope this helps.

FIRST ACCEPTANCE!

University:
University California of Irvine
Major: Biological Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.2
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.1 - 3.45 (depending on school)
GRE: 154V 157Q 3.5AW

Extra-Curricular:
Alpha Phi Omega, 4 Years Badminton Club

Honors: Dean's List (1 Quarter haha)

Observation: 127 SNF volunteer

Letters of Recommendation:
Applied to:
Lynchburg, Azusa Pacific, Wheeling, Marymount, Hampton, West Coast, UNE, South College

Accepted: Wheeling (1/30)
Waitlisted:
Marymount (66th-88th on the waitlist; lowest tier)
Rejected: West Coast (Did not meet the 3.0 requirement, had 2.97), UNE (Still waiting but pretty sure I got rejected because I did not meet the 3.0 math/science GPA)
Interviews: Marymount (12/2), Wheeling (1/26)

I am literally crying tears of joy because my GPA is low and I did not have many observational hours or extracurricular as others.

How did you find out your placement on Marymount's Website? I am also waitlisted. Thanks!

How did you find out your placement on Marymount's Website? I am also waitlisted. Thanks!
They tell you what tier you are in the waitlist email they sent out last month.

They tell you what tier you are in the waitlist email they sent out last month.
oops sorry i read your original post wrong! thanks for getting back with me though!

I heard from Plymouth State today. I’ll just add another rejection to my list :(

UPDATE

Undergrad:
University of California-Riverside

Rejection: Washington University of St. Louis, UNT, Des Moines University, Touro Neveda
Interview: Bellarmine University, , University of St. Augustine (San Marcos)
Waiting: USC, University of Washington, AT Stills University, Oklahoma University of Health Science.
When did you hear from Oklahoma? I haven't heard anything from them.

When did you hear from Oklahoma? I haven't heard anything from them.

I haven't heard back. Still waiting to hear from Oklahoma. But I hope it's soon. I got an email from them last month that they will begin pulling applications for review late January to early feb.

**UPDATED**
Posting because I was told by my advisor to switch fields because I "had no chance" to get into PT school BUT I just got my first acceptance! Hopefully this gives others a morale boost as well! A low GPA does not mean you should not try :)

University:
Boston University
Major: Philosophy and Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.35
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.0-3.1
GRE: 159 V, 157 Q, 5.5 A

Extra-Curric: Club Volleyball, Cafe Barista

Volunteer: 300 outpatient; 30 acute inpatient

Acceptances: Simmons College (from waitlist), Touro College (Manhattan), Seton Hall University

Waitlist: USC, MGH, Mount Saint Mary's

Rejections: Columbia, Boston University, Hunter, LIU, SDSU

Interviews: NYU (1/20), Western U (did not attend), High Point University (did not attend), Plymouth State University (did not attend)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Posting because I was told by my advisor to switch fields because I "had no chance" to get into PT school BUT I just got my first acceptance! Hopefully this gives others a morale boost as well!

University:
Boston University

Acceptances: Touro College!!! (Manhattan)

Waitlist: MGH, Simmons, Mount Saint Mary's

Interviews: NYU (1/20), Western U (did not attend), High Point University (did not attend)
You're an inspiration! Congrats :)

Posting because I was told by my advisor to switch fields because I "had no chance" to get into PT school BUT I just got my first acceptance! Hopefully this gives others a morale boost as well!

University:
Boston University

Acceptances: Touro College!!! (Manhattan)

Waitlist: MGH, Simmons, Mount Saint Mary's

Interviews: NYU (1/20), Western U (did not attend), High Point University (did not attend)
What an awful thing for someone to say. Yes your GPA isn’t the greatest, but your GRE is pretty good.
Congratulations! I’m glad you didn’t let that person stop you from chasing your dreams.

*FINAL UPDATE*

Undergrad
: Coastal Carolina University

Accepted: Franklin Pierce University- NH (2/8)
Rejected: Western Carolina University, Stockton University, Campbell University, Shenandoah University, University of Wisconsin- La Crosse, University of Central Arkansas, Thomas Jefferson University,University of Vermont (1/25)

ATTENDING: FRANKLIN PIERCE UNIVERSITY - NH!!!:soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Undergrad: Rutgers University
Major: B.S. Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.19
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1-3.2
GRE Scores: Verbal 162 Quantative 153 Writing 4.5
Hours: 1200 Outpatient, 20 Inpatient
LOR: 2 Physical therapists, 1 Professor, 1 Orthopedic surgeon
Co-Curricular: Surgical observation, anatomy lab assistant (5 semesters), teaching assistant (1 semester)

Rejection: Rutgers (North and South), Stockton, Kean, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel
Interview: None
Waiting: Seton Hall

I'm glad I found this thread. Really giving me some hope. I swore I wasn't getting in anywhere with my GPA, so I cast a pretty small net close to home in the hopes of at least getting an interview before re-grouping for next year. Glad to see some people with similar credentials getting accepted. Just gotta find the right school.

University: Sam Houston

Major: kinesiology/Biology minor

Pre-Req GPA: 3.23
GRE: 155/155/3.5

Extra-Curric:
SHSU rugby
Restaurant manager (full time/ 5yrs)
Caretaker (part time/3 yrs)

Volunteer:
500 hours outpatient Ortho
20 hours inpatient neurological

Applied: Incarnate Word, Marymount, UTEP, Regis, Duquesne, hampton, Creighton

Rejections: Regis, Duquesne, hampton

Interviews: Incarnate Word, Marymount

Waitlist: UTEP, Marymount

Accepted: Incarnate Word

Just wanted to give some hope to those out there with some less than stellar stats. I definitely felt like the interview, essays, and letters of recommendation worked heavily in my favor.

University: Sam Houston

Major: kinesiology/Biology minor

Pre-Req GPA: 3.23
GRE: 155/155/3.5

Extra-Curric:
SHSU rugby
Restaurant manager (full time/ 5yrs)
Caretaker (part time/3 yrs)

Volunteer:
500 hours outpatient Ortho
20 hours inpatient neurological

Applied: Incarnate Word, Marymount, UTEP, Regis, Duquesne, hampton, Creighton

Rejections: Regis, Duquesne, hampton

Interviews: Incarnate Word, Marymount

Waitlist: UTEP, Marymount

Accepted: Incarnate Word

Just wanted to give some hope to those out there with some less than stellar stats. I definitely felt like the interview, essays, and letters of recommendation worked heavily in my favor.

have you gotten any word back from marymount about movement on the waitlist? I've seen a lot of people deny their spots but i haven't received anything else from them.

University: American Military University
Major: BS with Honors in Sports and Health Science: Exercise Science
Pre-Req GPA: 3.91
GRE: Not taking it, stationed in Japan so it is hard to fit it into my schedule.

Extra-Curric: United States Air Force: Nepal and Hurricane Sandy Humanitarian, Air Force Sergeants Association, Japan River Clean Up, Japan Special Olympics Volunteer, Life Rolls On, Meals On Wheels, Coast Guard Remembrance Run, Enlisted Four, Fayetteville Road Clean Up, Personnel Training Leader (Air Force), Keesler Special Olympics Assistant, Personal Trainer 7 years, Worked at Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron 2.5 years, NASM/NCSF/NESTA Certifications.

Observation: 200 Hours in Outpatient (acute/chronic/neurological settings)

Achievements: Air Force Infodom Award, NCO of the Quarter, Air Force Airman of the Quarter, Associates in Electronics System Technology (Air Force), 43rd Air Lift Award, Distinguish Graduate from Tech School, BMT Graduation, Dean's List (5x)

LOR: 2 outpatient Physical Therapists, 1 Captain from the Air Force, 1 MSgt from the Air Force

Applied: Loma Linda University, Thomas Jefferson University, Pacific University, Toledo, University of Evansville, University of South Florida, Gannon University (Irie and Ruskin), Utica College, Saint Francis University, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Daemon College, Arkansas University, University of Scantron, American International College,

Acceptances: Loma Lind University, Thomas Jefferson University (Attending), American International College
Rejections: University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Pacific University
Waitlisted: University of South Florida
Interviews: Loma Linda University (9/6), Thomas Jefferson University (10/5)

Final Update!

Majors: B.S. General Biology, University of California: San Diego

Prereq, Overall GPA, and Last 60 Units: pGPA: ~3.7-3.8, cGPA: 2.96, last 60 units: 3.8 GRE: 159Q, 149V, 5.0AW

Observation: 695 Outpatient Hours, 250 Inpatient Hours

Submitted to PTCAS: 8/1/17

Applying: Shenandoah University, AT Still University, CSU Northridge, East Tennessee State University, Emory & Henry College, Governors State University, MGHIHP, Regis University, Bellarmine University, South College, Tennessee State University, University of Arkansas Medical Sciences, University of Mary, High Point University, William Carey University, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, University of Saint Augustine San Marcos

Acceptance: AT Still University (10/9), MGH IHP (12/20), USA San Marcos (2/6)

Interview Invites: South College (Waitlisted 9/4), University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (Waitlisted 10/5), AT Still University (Accepted 10/6), Emory and Henry College (received invite on 10/23 for 11/18 interview - Declined), MGH IHP Open House Invitation (received invite on 11/1 for 12/2 - Attending [live stream]), University of Arkansas Medical Sciences (received invite on 11/20 for 12/1 interview - Declined,) Shenandoah University (received invite on 11/21 for 12/15 interview - Declined), Bellarmine University (Received Invite to Interview on 12/14 for 2/9/18 - Declined)

Rejection: Governors State University (11/17), Regis University (12/15), CSU Northridge, East Tennessee State University, Tennessee State University, University of Mary, High Point University, William Carey University

Final Decision: AT Still University !!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Posting to encourage those with low GPAs!
Apply to schools that focus on your last 60 hours or masters gpa, and get amazing LORs. I really believe that’s why I received acceptances! Good luck!

University: UNC
Major: Exercise and sport science
Overall GPA: 3.08
Masters GPA: 3.82
Pre-Req GPA: varies but in the 3.5-3.6 range
GRE: 152 Verbal, 155 Math, 3.5 Writing

Extra-Curric: meals on wheels, work with special needs community

Honors: Dean’s list a few times

Obsevation: 265 hours (198 inpatient, 43 outpatient, 24 home health)

LOR: 2 PTs and 1 professor (Graduate program director)

Applied: Duke, ECU, GWU, Methodist, UNC, WCU, Wingate, WSSU, Campbell, High Point

Interviews: Campbell, Methodist, GWU(declined)

Waitlisted: Methodist

Rejections: Duke, ECU, UNC, WCU, High Point

Accepted: Campbell, Methodist, Wingate, WSSU

have you gotten any word back from marymount about movement on the waitlist? I've seen a lot of people deny their spots but i haven't received anything else from them.
No I haven't heard anything

Update on your acceptances or rejections?

**UPDATED**
Posting because I was told by my advisor to switch fields because I "had no chance" to get into PT school BUT I just got my first acceptance! Hopefully this gives others a morale boost as well! A low GPA does not mean you should not try :)

University:
Boston University

Acceptances: Simmons College (from waitlist), Touro College (Manhattan), Seton Hall University

Waitlist: USC, MGH, Mount Saint Mary's

Interviews: NYU (1/20), Western U (did not attend), High Point University (did not attend), Plymouth State University (did not attend)

Did you hear anything as to why your were waitlisted at MGH

Been on the forums a few times here asking the very same thing "are my stats good enough". I made a post and was told no they are not. I have seen numerous posts on the PT threads telling students to select another field. That medical experience wont get you in, that its only a numbers game. The curriculum is hard but I am doing absolutely fine. Just had to apply twice you got this :) feel free to PM me with any questions.

Undergrad: University of California, Irvine
Degree: B.S. Biology
cGPA: 2.96
sGPA: too many hard AF bio classes :)
pGPA: 3.3

GRE: 158 Q, 154 V, 4.0 A (2016)

Hours: 1000 hours Emergency medical technician, 1500 hours Pharmacy Technician, 600 hours ER scribe, 2000 Hours PT aide, 1000 Lead PT aide

Applied: CSUF, CSUN, CSULB, Emory and Henry, High point, Creighton, MGH, TSU
Accepted: MGH, TSU (2017)
Attending: TSU

Good luck all.

Hi, can someone please tell me which score is better for DPT school?

1. Verbal 152, Quantitative 151, Writting 4
2. Verbal 152, Quantitative 156, Writting 3.5

Thanks in advance

Hi, can someone please tell me which score is better for DPT school?

1. Verbal 152, Quantitative 151, Writting 4
2. Verbal 152, Quantitative 156, Writting 3.5

Thanks in advance

I would go with score #1. I hear many programs require a minimum score of 4 on writing. Verbal scores usually outweigh quantitative scores, but since the two verbal scores are the same.. I would prioritize having the 4 in writing.