Graduate Student, Low Undergrad BCPM GPA, Help!

Started by shin33
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shin33

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a 2nd year graduate student who is concerned that my undergraduate BCPM GPA will negate all the hard work I have done the past two years since I was an undergrad. As an undergraduate, my cumulative GPA was a 3.32, my BCPM was a 2.97, and my MCAT was a 32Q. As a Master of Anatomy graduate student in a competitive program with first year medical students in the program, my cumulative GPA is a 4.00. I have also retaken the MCAT and received a 35Q. Also, since the time I graduated, I have conducted 2 years of research full-time which has led to a poster I authored as well as a paper I co-authored. I am worried that while I worked so hard as a graduate student both inside and outside the classroom, the small difference in my undergraduate BCPM GPA may still get me screened out by most AdComms. Is this the case? What can I do to improve my chances?

Also, I know that a 3.00 is usually the cutoff, and I have taken 1 undergraduate level course since the time I got my BA degree. However, my AMCAS application has already been verified and this undergraduate course has been lumped into my graduate GPA. Should I try to contact AMCAS to correct this mistake? Could this credit be counted into the post-bacc category?
 
Also, I know that a 3.00 is usually the cutoff, and I have taken 1 undergraduate level course since the time I got my BA degree. However, my AMCAS application has already been verified and this undergraduate course has been lumped into my graduate GPA. Should I try to contact AMCAS to correct this mistake? Could this credit be counted into the post-bacc category?


I think the qualification for grad vs undergrad GPA is the degree program you were in while you took the class, not the level of the class.