Hard decision. Someone help me choose.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The woman could be a lesbian with the same intentions as the "evil sex seeking man."

Oh, I forgot, we've all been brainwashed to believe that all men are potential rapists and women are always safer.

Pfft.

I wonder what the likelihood of that is given that most sex offenders are male.

Members don't see this ad.

The woman could be a lesbian with the same intentions as the "evil sex seeking man."

Oh, I forgot, we've all been brainwashed to believe that all men are potential rapists and women are always safer.

Pfft.

I know where you're coming from, and that there are plenty of really scary women out there, as well as men who would do nefarious things with or to male roommates. My best friend, who's a man, had a male roommate (before we knew each other) who died under mysterious circumstances, and they knew he was promiscuous but ZOMG he dated some scary women!!!!!!! NO WAY were his totally hetero roommates, guys in their early 20s, gonna share in his spoils. Ga-ross! The story sounded just like that of women I've known who had roommates who picked up scary men in bars, etc. and were afraid they were going to get raped by them, or in the case of the man who picked up women, that they would steal from them or get caught by her own boyfriend.

Anyway, on a more civil note, the Jacuzzi guy may be just fine, but IMNSHO there are red flags all over the place. SHC, go with the female roommate.

I used to work with 2 pharmacists (not in the same place) who now live in San Antonio (one works at the mail order place, the other is a clinical coordinator at one of the big hospitals there) and while they don't know each other except on Facebook, they both love living there.

Members don't see this ad :)
All men are potential rapists. It's just like the airline thing. Men just can't be trusted. They're all just a giant rape bomb waiting to explode. Yessiree.

I don't think that at all. Contrary to what people may think about lesbians, I love men. I get along wayyyy better with men for the most part because I think like them and like the same stuff.

But craigslist IS shady.... I would be willing to bet that most of the guys out there on craigslist are creepers. Just sayin'....

I don't think that at all. Contrary to what people may think about lesbians, I love men. I get along wayyyy better with men for the most part because I think like them and like the same stuff.

But craigslist IS shady.... I would be willing to bet that most of the guys out there on craigslist are creepers. Just sayin'....

Because all men are dogs. Especially men that use Craigslist. And all of them are potential rapists. Which makes them potential dog rapists.

And women are incapable of being potential rapists.

Or, simply, men can't be trusted, but women can be trusted.

----------

This thread needs to be locked for persistent misandric undertones. I am offended.

Let me explain what I meant by "prior relationship". I meant that they were dating before she moved in, not just moved in not knowing him at all.

You must be born in the 50s to only consider females as roommate...

If you are looking at personals, Craiglist is shady...

Craiglist is one of the best way to advertise FOR FREE locally for just about anything. This includes looking for a roommate and screen them properly (credit check and past landlord references).

Now, if you are one of the many idiots there that send money through western union, you can say craiglist is shady...

Because all men are dogs. Especially men that use Craigslist. And all of them are potential rapists. Which makes them potential dog rapists.

----------

This thread needs to be locked for persistent misandric undertones. I am offended.

:thumbup:

I trust my male friends more than I can trust my female friends in general. Females talk have double meaning for everything they say and you have to interpret them correctly. That's why they have so much drama. Men are more straight forward and you can take them at face value most of the time.

I trust my male friends more than I can trust my female friends in general. Females talk have double meaning for everything they say and you have to interpret them correctly. That's why they have so much drama. Men are more straight forward and you can take them at face value most of the time.

Only annoying women are like that. I avoid them. I advise you do the same.

Put 10 females in an office = drama castle
Put 10 males in an office = 0 drama

This is fact.

Mikey said rape bomb. Heehee.

I don't know where all this drama came from but now I want OP to move in with the guy, I already spent my $12.95 this month on nakedjacuzzigirls.com and I want my money's worth.

Members don't see this ad :)
Put 10 females in an office = drama castle
Put 10 males in an office = 0 drama

This is fact.

Main reason most of my friends are male. I hate drama.

----------

I wouldn't trust men or women from craigslist... not all are bad but it wouldn't be the first place I go to find love or roommates.

You must be born in the 50s to only consider females as roommate...

I lold so hard at this

If you are looking at personals, Craiglist is shady...

Craiglist is one of the best way to advertise FOR FREE locally for just about anything. This includes looking for a roommate and screen them properly (credit check and past landlord references).

Now, if you are one of the many idiots there that send money through western union, you can say craiglist is shady...

yeah I've purchased nice furniture from there before.

I couldn't agree more about the doublespeak. I'm very direct/straightforward. And I can't read minds. I tell my fiancee this but I'm not sure she believes me ;)

Yep. But it is hard to know that on the first few dates after she has drawn you in!

Definitely the dood if he's rich.

He is a sales rep for medical equip. This is his parent's house. He is the only person living in it b/c his parents' move back to Ohio to start a business. I am living in the master bedroom that was his parents. He is not rich, but he is cute. :D

Why you thinking OP can get all her school loans paid off before graduation?

God, that would be NICE!

I did three x 1 month rotations out of state...Texas, DC and Virginia (when I went to Rx school in Florida). Some people like to explore and see what else is out there, believe it or not! But of course, it wasn't required, and if I wanted to, I could have stayed in the area like everyone else...

Our school is great in that it offers TONS of out of the country rotations. There are rotations sites in Fiji, Japan, Kenya, South Africa, England, Itay, Greece, and many MORE places outside of the country! I have classmates going to Alaska etc. all over the place in the USA too.

It's all about the money. If you have money you can go anywhere you want to for rotations at my school.

:laugh: Wouldn't be very dudely of me.

Not to mention: Mrs B would be PISSED.

Man, you guys are all rocking the cool avatars now.

I am in Texas now. Offically here since yesterday. If you wanna do coffee PM me. :)

I'd go with the female roommate, for all the reasons mentioned above.

If a guy with a 3,000 ft2 house needs help paying the bills, he needs to sell that house, not move young women in with him unless they were in a prior relationship. It just sounds like bad news from the word go.

He is only 24yo. He is cute, but has a girlfriend already. :( This is his parent's house. He techincially do not have to rent out any rooms. He is only renting if he finds someone that isn't staying long and doesn't have a lot of stuff with them etc. Who is clean and don't party. That is me! haha...

Safest way to go is with female landlord but there are a lot of male landlords out there who is not a pervert/creepy dude... He could just want to rent his empty bedroom to bring more $$$. I know I would if I have a 5 bedroom house. I could careless if it's a female or male as long as she/he is clean, generally quiet and pays rent on time.

Two can play the screening game. If you REALLY want the bigger house, you can screen this landlord. Ask how many people live in the house, any of them females? Ask for his previous female tenants' phone number and call them up asking tons of questions about him.

I picked the guy b/c the female had a DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: That was the MAJOR DEAL BREAKER!!! She has a DOG in the house! WTF! She also have a boyfriend that comes over a lot with TWO DOGS!!!!!!!!! OH HELL NO! Also her closet is too small for me. I only brought 10% of my clothes and I still need a walk in closet. Lets just say I have a lot of clothes! hahaha... And her bathroom is OUTSIDE of the bedroom. I don't like that at all.

But mainly it was the DOGS! that's a HUGE deal breaker for me! I rather live someone that smokes in the house than someone with DOGS. HELL NO!

The guy roommate is nice and (super CUTE!). He works 60 hrs a week so he is usually NOT here. He loves to go hunting and he has a girlfriend that lives in Houston...so he is GONE most of the time. I love roommates that are NEVER HOME. I have a huge bathroom inside my bedroom. I check and there were NO cameras. LOL... He seems really laidback and nice to live with. Best of all he is never here! :) He is gone hunting for the weekend so I have the house to myself now!

nice avatar SHC, so does that mean we're hanging out in vegas? :luck:

Still haven't decided yet!!!! I will let you know though! I changed it to the BEACH b/c I love it more! haha

The jacuzzi tubs suck. We have one that takes the whole 50 gallon water heater to fill. So you fill it up and then are out of hot water for an hour. We use ours as an extra storage space for towels and things.

Are you crazy? You would actually live with a guy you arranged to rent a room from off Craigslist? Seriously are you out of your mind?!?!?!

Well, the area I am looking to live at is very expensive. 1 bedroom apartments are at least 800+ a month for the cheapest one! My rent now is $600 everything included.

If I get my own apartment. Which WE ALL PREFER THAT! It would be $800+ a month for rent ONLY+ $200 for utilities + $300 for rental furniture for the place + $300 for food + $100+ for cable and internet and more! That's what? At least $1700 a month! I am getting it all for $600. I can't afford to live by myself until I am a pharmacist. :(
I am sorry for all of you coming to Texass.

Why? People for Texas are so damn friendly!!! I moved in yesterday. I only saw my roommate for 30 minutes and then he went hunting!

The next door neighor came over. He offer to help me unpack and clean up!!! Then he took me out of drinks and then he told me if I ever need any help at all to contact him. He says since I don't know anyone here in Texas I can come over anytime I am bored!

See how friendly people are in Texas? People in Atlanta are NOT as nice.
It's posed to be hotter than donut grease this weekend....I'm ready for fall. :(

It's super hot here! Good for swimming! :D

^^^
I am speechless. The high-schoolness is just overwhelming.... oh the flashback of chick talk.....must...get...them...out...of...my...head.............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I know that last post by SHC isn't true. But I just can't help reacting to it.

That's an epic troll post. Well done. Well done.

What's not true? Everything I say on here is true. I have no reason to lie to strangers on the internet.

The next door neighor came over. He offer to help me unpack and clean up!!! Then he took me out of drinks and then he told me if I ever need any help at all to contact him. He says since I don't know anyone here in Texas I can come over anytime I am bored!

See how friendly people are in Texas? People in Atlanta are NOT as nice.

It's super hot here! Good for swimming! :D

Yeah... a guy came over and offered to help you unpack? Translation: he thinks you're attractive and wants to get laid. I don't believe in chivalry existing anymore especially in large cities.

What's not true? Everything I say on here is true. I have no reason to lie to strangers on the internet.

Why are you up posting at 12:30? Don't you have to go pay your rent at this time? :smuggrin:

Yeah... a guy came over and offered to help you unpack? Translation: he thinks you're attractive and wants to get laid. I don't believe in chivalry existing anymore especially in large cities.

Is San Antonio a very large city? or moderate size? I know it's not Houston.

He is NOT hot at all. If he was than we could be FWB...but he isn't. :( He is friends with my roommate and my roommate told him I am moving in and that I never been here before and to help me since he won't be home this weekend at all.

Why are you up posting at 12:30? Don't you have to go pay your rent at this time? :smuggrin:

Haha...no one is home right now. I been alone all day here. I been doing school work, ironing my clothes, and now I am reading about Informatics pharmacy. I am about to start an informatics rotation on Tuesday and had reading assignments to read that I haven't been reading at all.

Is San Antonio a very large city? or moderate size? I know it's not Houston.

He is NOT hot at all. If he was than we could be FWB...but he isn't. :( He is friends with my roommate and my roommate told him I am moving in and that I never been here before and to help me since he won't be home this weekend at all.

San Antonio has over a million people there so yes it is a large city, one that I was not impressed by when I visited it. Yeah pass on the not so attractive guys. You're in a large city so there's a lot to choose from. Although, his generous personality could make up for what he's lacking in the looks department.

San Antonio has over a million people there so yes it is a large city, one that I was not impressed by when I visited it. Yeah pass on the not so attractive guys. You're in a large city so there's a lot to choose from. Although, his generous personality could make up for what he's lacking in the looks department.

Why not? I only been here for 2 days and I was at home the entire time! LOL...so I don't know much about it yet.

It's NOT New York City or San Franciso, but it seems okay so far.

If I had my pick I would live in New York City forever.

I have always live in pretty big cities. Grew up in Charlotte, NC. Lived in New York City and Atlanta. SO I don't know anytihng but big cities.

Why not? I only been here for 2 days and I was at home the entire time! LOL...so I don't know much about it yet.

I have always live in pretty big cities. Grew up in Charlotte, NC. Lived in New York City and Atlanta. SO I don't know anytihng but big cities.

Went for a weekend and saw the riverwalk and the Alamo and went to North Star Mall and that was pretty much it. That was not impressive to me. Parts of their downtown reminded me of New Orleans minus the river boat ride (although you can ride on the Mississippi and see the east and west bank of NOLA) and it was just okay. They do have Six Flags and Sea World if you like those types of things, but other than that, it's just an okay place to me. It definitely didn't make me want to move there or visit again that's for sure.

Went for a weekend and saw the riverwalk and the Alamo and went to North Star Mall and that was pretty much it. That was not impressive to me. Parts of their downtown reminded me of New Orleans minus the river boat ride (although you can ride on the Mississippi and see the east and west bank of NOLA) and it was just okay. They do have Six Flags and Sea World if you like those types of things, but other than that, it's just an okay place to me. It definitely didn't make me want to move there or visit again that's for sure.

I see your point!

Most cities get BORING after awhile anyways.

What city do you find impressive?

Why ? Chivalry is loud and proud - it exists. Everyday and everywhere I go, men smile at me, open doors for me, help me carry things and do all kinds of stuff. It's called social grace and kindness of the heart and plenty of people have it.

Girl, you do not want to be in San Francisco. There are very very few straight guys here. The city has largest nontraditional sexual orinetation per capita in the nation and while I adore it and am all for it, just math wise that leaves for a very slim dating pool for a girl-of-marrying-age-looking-for-a-husband. Let's just say my last ultra hot makeout was not with a dude. :oops:

I see your point!

Most cities get BORING after awhile anyways.

What city do you find impressive?

Pretty much New York :D Just because it takes time to explore ALL of it. But I'd love to visit Boston, Philly, D.C., Miami, and Chicago.

SHC I sure as hell hope you are coming for midyear. I can just see us so swell drinking together, having fun conversing with Lea, maybe pharm.B will tag along and if sparda is not too lazy and can come over to our table with can have a nonchalant discussion and play a drinking game regarding his residency chances.

I'm glad you went for a guy, I totally would have chosen a dude too because of the personal bathroom. Plus, you are hot as one gets, god forbid you lived with that chick and her bf came over, drooled over you and bam bam BAM, problem waiting to happen.

Pretty much New York :D Just because it takes time to explore ALL of it. But I'd love to visit Boston, Philly, D.C., Miami, and Chicago.

Boston-was there for Harvard dental interview.
Philly- was there for UPenn dental interview.
D.C.-FUN. Got to go inside the White House and visited some other cool places.
Miami-I only saw hispanic people the entire time! If you don't speak spanish I wouldn't live there.
Chicago-Never been there.

SHC I sure as hell hope you are coming for midyear. I can just see us so swell drinking together, having fun conversing with Lea, maybe pharm.B will tag along and if sparda is not too lazy and can come over to our table with can have a nonchalant discussion and play a drinking game regarding his residency chances.

Sounds like a blast!!! I most likely will apply for some manage care residencies. What residencies are you applying for?

Nevermind about SF. Haha..Maybe I'll move there after I get married. BEAUTIFUL CITY!

I'm glad you went for a guy, I totally would have chosen a dude too because of the personal bathroom. Plus, you are hot as one gets, god forbid you lived with that chick and her bf came over, drooled over you and bam bam BAM, problem waiting to happen.

Haha...It was both $600 a month and the guy had a much nicer/bigger place.

The woman has a DOG and her boyfriend has TWO DOGS! that's the DEAL BREAKER! oh hell NO! I rather do anything than live with big animals.

My roommate is actually really CUTE! :laugh: But he has a girlfriend, so he is OFF LIMITS. :rolleyes: He might be a little bit too much of a redneck for me though...he goes hunting all the time...eekk...He is also too damn young for me. Born in 1988!

Why ? Chivalry is loud and proud - it exists. Everyday and everywhere I go, men smile at me, open doors for me, help me carry things and do all kinds of stuff. It's called social grace and kindness of the heart and plenty of people have it.

Girl, you do not want to be in San Francisco. There are very very few straight guys here. The city has largest nontraditional sexual orinetation per capita in the nation and while I adore it and am all for it, just math wise that leaves for a very slim dating pool for a girl-of-marrying-age-looking-for-a-husband. Let's just say my last ultra hot makeout was not with a dude. :oops:

So, does that mean San Francisco is great for a single hetero-guy?

I'll probably still go even if I'm not looking for a residency, which I wouldn't if the hospital job has a lot of clinical duties. I'll be looking into PPS.

NYC is awesome. Only other place I'd consider living is LA/Orange County.

My roommate is actually really CUTE! :laugh: But he has a girlfriend, so he is OFF LIMITS. :rolleyes: He might be a little bit too much of a redneck for me though...he goes hunting all the time...eekk...He is also too damn young for me. Born in 1988!
Yeah we should've been warning that guy about SHC! Not the other way around lol!

I'm afraid of hanging out with Sparda. We might get arrested :smuggrin:

The type that has a girlfriend it seems.

And who said anything about rape?

I think Lifetime made a movie about a Craigslist killer. Not sure if he raped anyone in that movie.

I think Lifetime made a movie about a Craigslist killer. Not sure if he raped anyone in that movie.

The movie was based on a true story. He was a medical student too. :eek: I'd be absolutely furious to find out that I was the person who didn't get in because he was there.

The movie was based on a true story. He was a medical student too. :eek: I'd be absolutely furious to find out that I was the person who didn't get in because he was there.

Haha I didn't think men watched Lifetime since it seems like an anti-men network since most of their movies revolved around women seeking revenge on men. I thought that was based on a true story, but wasn't sure since I didn't watch it. Did it ever say where he went to school? SHC, just be careful rooming with people you don't know. There are a lot of crazy people on Craigslist and elsewhere (even on this forum) and you don't want anything bad to happen.

Craigslist killer was a medical student at Boston University. He met women offering massage services, had sex with them, and robbed them at gun point. He killed one when she tried to fight back at a hotel in downtown Boston.

Craigslist killer was a medical student at Boston University. He met women offering massage services, had sex with them, and robbed them at gun point. He killed one when she tried to fight back at a hotel in downtown Boston.

I remember that all over the news. Scary stuff.

Safe thing to do would be never room with a guy unless you know them from a friend or through school. This is the real world out there.

True but have you ever lived with a woman? They are absolutely disgusting. Or at least the women I've lived with have been disgusting.

Yeah we should've been warning that guy about SHC! Not the other way around lol!

He is pretty good looking. hehe...:oops: But he has a girlfriend and he is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too young for me.

So the roommate hasn't raped you yet?

What the hell kind of typical, Craigslist male is he?

He is a little kid born in 1988 or 1989. Too young to do anything bad! lol

It would be very stupid of him to kill me or rape me. My mother and her friend was with me when I move in. They know the address and they saw him. If I disappear then he would be fu*ked. So I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to commit murder when there are people that know where I am at.

True but have you ever lived with a woman? They are absolutely disgusting. Or at least the women I've lived with have been disgusting.

Are you talking about your wife?

He is pretty good looking. hehe...:oops: But he has a girlfriend and he is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too young for me.

He is a little kid born in 1988 or 1989. Too young to do anything bad! lol

It would be very stupid of him to kill me or rape me. My mother and her friend was with me when I move in. They know the address and they saw him. If I disappear then he would be fu*ked. So I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to commit murder when there are people that know where I am at.

Are you talking about your wife?

He's only 4 years younger than you. One of my ex-girlfriends was 27 when I was 20 (5 years ago).