Harvard decision received today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too! I think it means y'all are safe from the rejection wave. Of course, I can say that, because I was part of it. But good luck! It sounds weird, but having everyone else to go through the same made it easier, and now I'm very relieved. I wasn't sold on Harvard but would have had a hard time saying "no" - this makes everything so much easier. Maybe they could "sense" my unease too. Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Keep the game face on. You might be winning, but it is only half-time.

NoSoupforYou13 said:
Keep the game face on. You might be winning, but it is only half-time.

Keeping the basketball metaphors going... I guess 203 posts and 15,000 views in just a few days qualifies for March Madness, eh?

Members don't see this ad :)
Comrade said:
maybe it's time to shine a big 'M' into this dark, chaotic sky.

:laugh:

Keg said:
Keeping the basketball metaphors going... I guess 203 posts and 15,000 views in just a few days qualifies for March Madness, eh?

I feel good to have started a thread with those stats.

06applicant said:
I feel good to have started a thread with those stats.

Just remember, it's not all about the stats. The adcoms consider the whole picture.

:smuggrin:

humuhumu said:
Just remember, it's not all about the stats. The adcoms consider the whole picture.

:smuggrin:

that's mean. :laugh:

:luck: :luck: :luck:

No mail today in the deep south!!!!

Wahina said:
No mail today in the deep south!!!!

I'm really starting to think that they didn't mail out the letters Monday. If they had, all the people in CT, NY, etc would have heard by now. :confused:

I feel ultra-neurotic, but I think it's just because I'm supposed to be writing a paper and I really don't want to.

top said:
I'm really starting to think that they didn't mail out the letters Monday. If they had, all the people in CT, NY, etc would have heard by now. :confused:

Not necessarily. Boston people would definitely hear today, but others most likely Wednesday.

DeadorAlive said:
Me too! I think it means y'all are safe from the rejection wave. Of course, I can say that, because I was part of it. But good luck! It sounds weird, but having everyone else to go through the same made it easier, and now I'm very relieved. I wasn't sold on Harvard but would have had a hard time saying "no" - this makes everything so much easier. Maybe they could "sense" my unease too. Good luck to you all!

This is exactly how I felt.

...and another one bites the dust

Rejection today in Minnesota :(

After a not-so-good interview where the guy kept confusing me with someone else I was expecting it, but not getting a letter yesterday raised my hopes a little. Oh well...

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone get in already! I was already rejected, but the anticipation in this thread is so exciting. Good luck to you all who are waiting. :luck:

so do we know if the letters were mailed?

(by that i mean -- the rest of the letters. were they mailed yetserday(monday))

bostondoc1 said:
so do we know if the letters were mailed?

If you are in Boston, and have not heard today, I think it is unlikely that they were mailed on Monday.

Weather Forecast: Strong chance of rejections for the remainder of the day. 0-10% chance of sunshine or acceptances.

:luck: :luck: :luck:

NoSoupforYou13 said:
Not necessarily. Boston people would definitely hear today, but others most likely Wednesday.

Being a Boston person, it's kind of stressful (to say the least) thinking that an envelope could be in my mailbox right now, but I'm surprised that nobody else in the region has posted. Last year, I think, the letters were mailed out on 3/7, but the first anyone heard was 3/9.

Do you think that they may have put off sending off the Boston letters until today, just to stagger it so that everyone receives them at the same time?!!

You'll never know, the minds of the admissions committee members are mysterious and unpredictable.

Well, today another Alabama resident got by unscathed, however, due to our slow mail system, that means little. I sort of feel like I'm on American Idol or something, I just want to make it to the next day. You guys are cool.

been reading this forum religiously... i'm in boston and still waiting to hear.. Good luck everyone! :) :luck:

ducked out of work to go home and check the mail... nothing from HMS today.

However, I did find a rejection letter from Tufts. Never been so relieved to get a rejection letter in my life...

wow, this thread is busy! last year we had a few fake i-got-in! posts by people who wanted to get everyone all worked up.

good luck :luck:

sparky

rejected in boston - form letter dated march 10, mailed out yesterday. i'm glad it's over.. best wishes for the rest of you!

bloom said:
rejected in boston - form letter dated march 10, mailed out yesterday. i'm glad it's over.. best wishes for the rest of you!

Ohh this changes things a bit.
They're doing it in WAVES!
The horror, the horror...no one is safe. :scared:

(I feel like a ghost. A visit from BEYOND the REJECTION!!!)

Another data point: nothing in the mail today in VT.

bloom said:

This is terrible news.

The wave is not nearly over, and is likely to continue for the remainder of the week.

Good luck all. :luck:

I'm sorry to hear it man. I guess they DO send it a bit later in Boston to make sure they arrive simultaneously worldwide.

JayQuah said:
Ohh this changes things a bit.
They're doing it in WAVES!
The horror, the horror...no one is safe. :scared:

(I feel like a ghost. A visit from BEYOND the REJECTION!!!)

Yeah, that does chance things a bit. You all might want to know that my name is at the start of the alphabet (I got mine Sat.)

I just talked to someone at HMS Admissions. She said that ALL decision letters have been sent out, and that some of them were sent out TODAY. I didn't have the cojones to ask her for a detailed breakdown...

What do you think about this hypothesis? That they sent all the decisions across country on Monday, and waited to send the Boston decisions one day late. It seems to fit the data we're getting.

humuhumu said:
I just talked to someone at HMS Admissions. She said that ALL decision letters have been sent out, and that some of them were sent out TODAY. I didn't have the cojones to ask her for a detailed breakdown...

agony

huknows00 said:
What do you think about this hypothesis? That they sent all the decisions across country on Monday, and waited to send the Boston decisions one day late. It seems to fit the data we're getting.

There have been other people in Boston that recieved rejection letters on Saturday.

I don't think there is a method except that acceptances went out last (yesterday and today).

*peeking in thread*

good luck, y'all... sounds to me that indeed, no news is good news.

Ok, didn't know Boston ppl got rejections on Sat. I guess there is no pattern at all, they're probably trying to weed out the mentally weak through psychological warfare.

huknows00 said:
Ok, didn't know Boston ppl got rejections on Sat. I guess there is no pattern at all, they're probably trying to weed out the mentally weak through psychological warfare.

yeah, I'm about to call and tell them I would like to withdraw... and see what they say.

This second wave of rejections is certainly an unprecedented and cruel way to go about mailing decisions. Those who thought we might have been relatively safe after 4 days now must know that we have been thrown back into the fire. Take care, brave souls.

sirpado said:
alphabetical order perhaps

I doubt it, my last name starts with R and I received rejection yesterday.

Wahina said:
This second wave of rejections is certainly an unprecedented and cruel way to go about mailing decisions. Those who thought we might have been relatively safe after 4 days now must know that we have been thrown back into the fire. Take care, brave souls.

yes very cruel and unusual.

Maybe it's in order of AMCAS ID. Or maybe social security numbers.

Actually, what about interview date?

I have heard that H makes decisions on a rolling basis, unlike other schools like Penn that makes all of its decisions over the span of a few weeks.

Maybe Harvard decided not to accept anyone this year. ;)

Ok, I just called admissions too, and this is what I could get out of the guy:

Have all decisions been mailed? "Yes."

Were they sent out in order, such as, rejections first, then acceptances? "I'm not sure, but I do know that we have to send them out piecemeal due to the large numbers of them."

Did they all go out by the 13th, like they were planned to? "Yes, the last of them were sent out yesterday."

So that's what a man in admissions told me. Not sure if he is right about yesterday or if there were indeed letters that went out today.

Boston Here: Sitting at work and trying to get a room mate who might or might not be home to check the mail for me.....painful...I was hoping to get something in the mail, but I guess now I would rather it be empty...

I'll be back..hopefully

I'm just thinking about the first person to post an acceptance.
It will be like winning the lottery.
SDN will literally shake...maybe there will be more elusive "problems with the server" than usual.
And he or she will most likely have to go through an arduous verification process, i.e. scanning the letter in as an image, and testifying under oath.
Its going to be a momentous post. I am waiting for it with even more anticipation than my own letter.
:luck:

Wahina said:
Ok, I just called admissions too, and this is what I could get out of the guy:

Have all decisions been mailed? "Yes."

Were they sent out in order, such as, rejections first, then acceptances? "I'm not sure, but I do know that we have to send them out piecemeal due to the large numbers of them."

Did they all go out by the 13th, like they were planned to? "Yes, the last of them were sent out yesterday."

So that's what a man in admissions told me. Not sure if he is right about yesterday or if there were indeed letters that went out today.

But if everything went out yesterday, why has no one from Boston gotten an acceptance today?

Maybe the postal truck carrying all of the acceptances crashed into a river, and all of the acceptances have drowned. :idea:

JayQuah said:
I'm just thinking about the first person to post an acceptance.
It will be like winning the lottery.
SDN will literally shake...maybe there will be more elusive "problems with the server" than usual.
And he or she will most likely have to go through an arduous verification process, i.e. scanning the letter in as an image, and testifying under oath.
Its going to be a momentous post. I am waiting for it with even more anticipation than my own letter.
:luck:

So true. And the person will be immediately deluged with questions about the size of the envelope, the postmark, the number of stamps, his/her MCAT, ethnicity, number of publications, date of interview... :laugh:

It will definitely happen tomorrow, if not today for someone in Boston. I think it is probably safe to say that all acceptances went out on the same day, considering there are far fewer to be mailed than rejections.