Has anyone applied to NOVA's International PharmD Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

go4it

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just applied to NOVA as an international student (kind of late :(, last minute decision). Its been three weeks since I submitted the application and not a word from them yet on the status. What makes me so mad :mad: is that no one ever answers the phone there.

>Has anyone applied to NOVA's International PharmD program?
>If you have applied to this program, have you heard anything back from them since you submitted the application?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied.I haven't heard anything yet.
where r u from?. I mean which country?.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am from India too.
where else did you apply?.
what abt westren?

Hey Go4it

did you submit LOR from dean of pharmacy school you attended or LOR from pharmacist to Nova.

Hey Go4it

did you submit LOR from dean of pharmacy school you attended or LOR from pharmacist to Nova.

Where in India are you from?
I've submitted LOR from professor & pharmacists. And yes, I've also applied to Western U. Those are the only college that I'm aware of which have post-bacc program for international students. How about you? Were you able get your LOR from the dean? I think western u will be conducting their IPBP exams & interviews end of April (dates have been posted on their website but I haven't received an invitation from them yet).
Did you apply to Western U? If you did have you heard anything from them?
Do you mind sharing your stats (GPA, etc...)

I am from AP.
B.pharm from NU.
MS(chemistry) from Ohio.

B.pharm GPA ----> 3.76
MS -----> 3.66
LORs from 3 professors.

Applied to westren & Nova.

Can you share your stats?.

go4it,

I just spoke with NOVA admissions office.
They haven't started looking into international PharmD applications yet .
It may take another 2-3 months for them to review all applications and fill all spots.

I am from AP.
B.pharm from NU.
MS(chemistry) from Ohio.

B.pharm GPA ----> 3.76
MS -----> 3.66
LORs from 3 professors.

Applied to westren & Nova.

Can you share your stats?.

WOW, Your stats are really great!!! You stand a great chance of getting accepted into NOVA & Western.

My BPharm GPA is 3.6
I am from GJ

Thanks for the information. I have decided that if I don't get in this year then I might pursue MS. I'll definitely let you know If I hear anything from either NOVA or Western U.

I am also from AP.
B.pharm from KU.
MS in chemistry.

B.pharm GPA ----> 3.86
MS -----> 3.68
LORs from 4 professors.
2 form American professors
1 from pharmacist
1 from Dean of Pharmacy college(KU),India

Applied to Nova and western

Did you guys hear anything form western regarding interview decision?

I haven't heard anything from either NOVA or Western.

Hey all.. i am a bpharm final yr student from Hyd...

I have applied for fall 07 to nova with my marks upt to 3rd yr 2nd semster

i got admiited into USN and attened an interview in jan,,, I didnt aply for western as i cant take the IA exam in april as i have my final semester exams then.

I also visisted Ftlauderdale campus as i coudlt get thru on the phone and later when i met Dr Lean Lai i had to take an appointment and i took one for feb 9th

and i ca,lled feb 9th at the designated time give to me and they didnt answer the phone....What the admissions officer told me in Feb is that they give the results of admission in May or so,

I have also asked people around and they said that main preference is given to US permanent residents and later to other Visa holder

i am from india too.
did you get interview call from western? because i didn't get it.
no reply from nova also.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am a bpharm from Hyd

GPA isnt gr8 3.71 upto 3rs yr 2nd semester,,,

i donno if i am eligible or not... got i wil be getting bachelors in may,.. and my gpa will decrease definitely.. hope

I woudl be a dream come true if i get in.....

i am from india too.
did you get interview call from western? because i didn't get it.
no reply from nova also.

Hi rxp

can you post your stats like GPA , kind of LORs submitted

i hav posted m stats

GPA 3.71(upto 3rd yr 2nd sem bpharm).. lors form professors of my college g pulla reddy college fo pharmay,,,
TOEFL 270/300
GRE 1260/1600
i got admiited into UNiv of souther nevada ,. i attended interview in jan 20th...
i am goin to send the acceptance form to them this week or nxt but if i get into NOVA i will leave that USN option and join in NOVA<... what do u think are my chances RSK.. cos i have submiietd oly upto 3-2 .

i hav posted m stats

GPA 3.71(upto 3rd yr 2nd sem bpharm).. lors form professors of my college g pulla reddy college fo pharmay,,,
TOEFL 270/300
GRE 1260/1600
i got admiited into UNiv of souther nevada ,. i attended interview in jan 20th...
i am goin to send the acceptance form to them this week or nxt but if i get into NOVA i will leave that USN option and join in NOVA<... what do u think are my chances RSK.. cos i have submiietd oly upto 3-2 .

gvsk

I really have no clue on how nova selection process works.
just keep your fingers crossed.

Hi rxp

can you post your stats like GPA , kind of LORs submitted
hi rsk,
my GPA is 4 and submitted three LORs from my professors,
if you will hear anything from wetern or nova please let me know

I haven't heard anything from either NOVA or Western.
hi go4it,
i haven't receive interview call form western and no news from nova,
if you get interview call from western then please let me know.

atleast i ahve some thing in had for a pharm D...... so notin a totally bad situation

hi rsk,
my GPA is 4 and submitted three LORs from my professors,
if you will hear anything from wetern or nova please let me know

rxp
where are you located? USA or India?.
Did you apply to Nova last year?.
Did you finish MS in USA?

I haven't heard from nova or westren , will post here if i know something.

Hello,

gvsk, Congratulations on being accepted at USN (I wish I had applied there too :( ). I will definetly let you all know as soon as I hear from NOVA or Western eventhough all of you have a much better chane then I do.

rxp
where are you located? USA or India?.
Did you apply to Nova last year?.
Did you finish MS in USA?

I haven't heard from nova or westren , will post here if i know something.
rsk,
i have applied first time for nova and completed bachelor from india
righ now in USA, what about you?

rsk,
i have applied first time for nova and completed bachelor from india
righ now in USA, what about you?

Finished b.pharm then came to USA to pursue MS in chemistry.
Currently on OPT

k bhai log.. i think for all of us nova is main and werstern to.. i cudnt apply to wester as i will hav my final exams in april when they asked me take the mandatory IA exam

36 seats and dont know how many people applied there..... hope we all get in.....what i have heard form alicia hernandez is that decision will come in may ... usuallu.. i willcall on monday and find out... keep this thread goin u guys

and wish INDIA al the best for the WORLD CUP>. too bad they lost agains BANGLADESH

i am just a bpharm in last semster abt to take my exams in a april... all of u a highly qualified than me... gr8 for u guys.....

All i have in my favour is that i am permanent resident of the US.

Any idea how many aplied to NOVA int pharm D. any figure.

keep his thread goin u guys and i wish INDIA all the best ion the world cup .. too bad they lost against banglaesh

k bhai log.. i think for all of us nova is main and werstern to.. i cudnt apply to wester as i will hav my final exams in april when they asked me take the mandatory IA exam

36 seats and dont know how many people applied there..... hope we all get in.....what i have heard form alicia hernandez is that decision will come in may ... usuallu.. i willcall on monday and find out... keep this thread goin u guys

and wish INDIA al the best for the WORLD CUP>. too bad they lost agains BANGLADESH

i am just a bpharm in last semster abt to take my exams in a april... all of u a highly qualified than me... gr8 for u guys.....

keep his thread goin u guys and i wish INDIA all the best ion the world cup .. too bad they lost against banglaesh
hi gvsak,
there are only 36 seats in western? i don't have any idea about that so are you sure? do you know about nova..i mean how many seats they have?

hi gvsak,
there are only 36 seats in western? i don't have any idea about that so are you sure? do you know about nova..i mean how many seats they have?

westren has only 20 seats
Nova 30-35

nova has 36 all rihgt.. but donno how many admissions will they give out ... cos not all offerd will take the o\colg.. and not all will get a visa tooo

gvsk
how come you have a GC being in India?.
Did your uncle/aunt sponosr you?

i hav had gc since 1995 since i was in my 5th grade.. my fathers sister was sponsored us and my whole family goit it,,, my dad and bro and mom stayed there for a few yrs when my dad was doign his PHD.. i didnt enter the US before i got a GC thoigh....

I got a call from Western univ yesterday saying that i was selected for interview.My interview is on April 27.

Did any of you guys hear anything from Western?

doenst western as for an Internal assesment exam or the IA exam in april// or is tat what u people r calling an interview

I got a call from Western univ yesterday saying that i was selected for interview.My interview is on April 27.

Did any of you guys hear anything from Western?
congratulations,
i am still waiting for call

Congratulations vkg1116.

Hey rxp, I called Western U. today and the lady there stated that she will be calling more people next week. She said that they inviting about 60-70 applicants for the interview. Don't give up yet...I'm still waiting as well.
Any news from NOVA yet?

Congratulations vkg1116.

Hey rxp, I called Western U. today and the lady there stated that she will be calling more people next week. She said that they inviting about 60-70 applicants for the interview. Don't give up yet...I'm still waiting as well.
Any news from NOVA yet?
hey go4it,
thankyou for giving me hope..we will get interview call next week..i called at western two times but it went on answering..anyway about nova we will get decision in may..they will mail your final status...so we have to wait untill may. anyway keep in contact.good luck to my all indian friends.

Thank you rxp & go4it.When i got a interview call on Wednesday they said that will be calling more people next week.So i think you will be getting a call next week.

k guys any idea.. are only people from India applyin or other countries also

just now my friend msgs me that 4 of his friends go rejeted for nova intl pharm D prog one with gpa 4.0 and toefl 250, other 3.85 and toher also same but noit that gr8 toefl

just now my friend msgs me that 4 of his friends go rejeted for nova intl pharm D prog one with gpa 4.0 and toefl 250, other 3.85 and toher also same but noit that gr8 toefl

Hi gvsk,

What is your friend's friends visa status? Are they all permanent residents?

Gvsk,
when did your friends got rejected?.
is this for fall 2007 or fall 2006?.

Just called westren admissions office.
I have been granted interview(and IA exam) for IPBP program.
It is less than a month away and I haven't even started my prep.:laugh:

Any one else got selected.Committee sent another list to admissions office yesterday.if you want to know the status, try calling admissions office.

post your thoughts/opinions on IA exam preparation.

Cheers
rsk :thumbup:

hey all,

Thanks so much for starting this thread.I did my Bachelor's in Pharmacy from NGU(Gujarat,India) and currently doing my MS in Pharmacology at the Ohio State Univeristy.Me too have applied for the International PharmD program at NOVA and Western.Also applied to usn and had an interview on 14th March and would say that was a good one.I still havent heard from any of the universities.
icon9.gif
Just kept my fingures crossed....let c how it goes.My stats are as follows:

B.Pharm GPA: 3.97
Toefl: 280/300
GRE: 1280/1600...

Hope you guys get an admit wherever u wish to.Please keep posting on any updates on your application profiles.
icon7.gif

Thanks

Hi gvsk,

What is your friend's friends visa status? Are they all permanent residents?

u shd ask dipbuk or dipen this question

hey guys...has anyone heard from western for the interview call this week yet??
icon5.gif

This is the email i received from westren

---------------------------------------------
Good afternoon XXXXXXXX,

This year we got about 110 applicants. We are going to interview about 65 and there are 20 seats available. They are only interviewing at the University here in California and in no other location. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you
------------------------------------------------------

I got an e-mail last week for scheduling my interview..I actually scheduled it for april last week.But meanwhile I got admitted in to USN, so I'm cancelling my interview..that means one more open spot :cool:..good luck guys :)

I got an e-mail last week for scheduling my interview..I actually scheduled it for april last week.But meanwhile I got admitted in to USN, so I'm cancelling my interview..that means one more open spot :cool:..good luck guys :)

Hi

can you post your stats?.

Hi

can you post your stats?.

Stats already posted in a diff thread..but anyways here are my stats again

Did B.Pharm G.P.A 3.99
Doing Ph.D G.P.A 3.29

im trying to apply to nova,western.i have few questions.

1]is it compulsory to fill their evalution forms[recommendation letters] or can we get it in our format?

2]from whom did you sign the LOR

3]how did you fill your personal questionaire form give me tips on how to complete it.

4]do you know the next application date for western + nova

5]if u r re-appyling for the following semester what r the procedures

i sent their LOR along with my college format

LOR a pharamacist and 2 professors

refer google for personal questionaire or search SDN

next applic wil be in july 2008

there are no semesters only fall admssiions so if u dont get in now u hav to apply for nex year,,

i hope this answers your questions