Has anyone applied to NOVA's International PharmD Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Be patient.
As far as I know rene is the only nice person at Nova.

:laugh:
hey go4 it..

i tried callin renee last 3 days dint pick up the phone....

i was actualkly adviuced to call the main dept and complain abt this by the receptionist

Members don't see this ad.

hey go4 it..

i tried callin renee last 3 days dint pick up the phone....

i was actualkly adviuced to call the main dept and complain abt this by the receptionist

I know that it can be very frustrating at times. I agree with "rsk", as far as Rene being the only person that I've come across who was actually able to assist me with the status. I think I will give them about one more week before calling them again.

Hello everyone,
ya even i was trying since last 4 days to speak with Rene but nobody picked up the phone..so i guess its too busy there as seats r getting full..i'll hav to wait untill monday now...:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
so can any one gimme the exact amt of students who hav gotten acceptances from nova.. intl pharm D prog

any one here in SDN got a straight out rejection for that same program

so can any one gimme the exact amt of students who hav gotten acceptances from nova.. intl pharm D prog

any one here in SDN got a straight out rejection for that same program

Great questions...I am wondering the same thing. I think they first send out few acceptances and wait for those who got accepted to reply to their offer whether they'll accept the admission or not and based on those replies if needed they send out more acceptances etc...Point being...those who already have been accepted please either accept or decline the offer asap, so that people like us get a chance at it :D...and also...if anyone is lucky enough to get in hold of someone in admissions office at NOVA please ask them in general if all the seats have been filled or not.

Thanks in Advance

I had called Western U. to find out the admission status. They said that they will be emailing IA Exam scores and mailing out the acceptance letters by end of this week.

I just checked my email...nothing there yet :(. Has anyone received any response from Western U.?

Any recent acceptance from NOVA?

Earlier in evening, I received IA Exam scores via email but have not got any letters regarding admission status.

Hi Airwarrior
whats your score?.
I did not get mine.
I know two persons who got their scores (132 & 135).
Earlier in evening, I received IA Exam scores via email but have not got any letters regarding admission status.

My friend with 132 in IA exam just got acceptance email from westren.
Probably she is going to reject it as she will be going to Nova.

I got email of acceptance from western this morning.
my IA score is 165.
and congratulations to rsk and all others who got acceptance from nova.

finally got thru to renee and she said application under review ani

Congratulations rxp on getting accepted at Western U.:thumbup:

I got an acceptance email from Western this morning :hardy: . I scored 150 on the IA Exam. I am very excite b/c my chance at NOVA doesn't look too good. Does anyone happen to know a specific date as to when the IPBP program starts?

gvsk: I got the same response when I called earlier today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi

what are the pros & cons of attending nova or westren.

Nova Advantages :
-----------------------

1)2.5 years (3 years in westren)
2) Tution is $18 000 ($35 000 for westren)
3) Cost of living is marginally lower in FL compared to Pomona area.

Anything else?

How abt quality of PharmD progra? which is better?

Your insight is apprecited.

congrate to RXP and GO4IT

go for it guys/gals!!!
:D

I got an acceptance email from Western this morning :hardy: . I scored 150 on the IA Exam. I am very excite b/c my chance at NOVA doesn't look too good. Does anyone happen to know a specific date as to when the IPBP program starts?

hey go4it...congratulations:thumbup:
i don't know about specific date but as i remember on the day of interview..Dr.Sunil prabhu told that it will start around mid July.

I have applied to the nova southeastern university. I kept reading your posts from many months. I had a question to the people who already got accepted
May i know when you people applied i mean how many months before the deadline. I just applied few weeks before the deadline. Does it matter at all.
I did my bachelors from SRMC and my GPA was 3.8
Masters GPA Was quiet low 3.3
currently working in florida.

I got email saying im selected for "alternates" so I guess i am in waiting list. If you guys are accepted both in nova and western and are going to nova, please decline western so people on waiting list can get in.
Congrads to people who got accepted at western & nova!!

Is anyone still waiting for the decision letter from Nova? I haven't received anything yet!

I'm waiting to hear back from NOVA as well. Has anyone tried calling them recently?

i got a email reply from nova saying that i have 2 wait little longer 2 receive their official letter.

i got a email reply from nova saying that i have 2 wait little longer 2 receive their official letter.

Sherina
Can you post your stats?.
Have you been accepted to nova and waiting for acceptance letter?.

Regards
RSK

I've been told to wait for the decision letter. I don't know whether it is a rejection or acceptence!

Nova disadvantage: the rent is overpriced (600-750 for a room/month) at Davie campus.
Hi

what are the pros & cons of attending nova or westren.

Nova Advantages :
-----------------------

1)2.5 years (3 years in westren)
2) Tution is $18 000 ($35 000 for westren)
3) Cost of living is marginally lower in FL compared to Pomona area.

Anything else?

How abt quality of PharmD progra? which is better?

Your insight is apprecited.

The rents are almost same at Pomona , California.

Nova disadvantage: the rent is overpriced (600-750 for a room/month) at Davie campus.

The rents are almost same at Pomona , California.

I would definitely agree with you. I've been searching for apartments around WesternU and so far it looks as like I'll end up paying $1200 or more per month for one bedroom.

called nova a couple of my friends got rejection letters last week may 30

i called em and they said they mailed the decision letter on jun 4th monday to my india address.. i am currently in miam though so will hav to wait for it to reach india.. i hope they sent it thru express mail

I have a question about the background of these successful guys who acceptted by NOVA.
Several friends has posted their acdemic performance here. They are strongly competitive.
Is that means the average requirement for NOVA is so high? Is every international application already has a master degree in US with a high GPA( such as 3.6 3.9 or even 4.0)?
Another thing is I did not see any one mention Internship. I heard Internship must be seriously considered and very important when you apply traditional Pharmacy school. So how important is the internship when apply NOVA international program? You know we are all international students; it is a little hard for us to live on such low payment for internship.
So what do you think about this?

Any suggestion will be welcomed. And thank guys to share your information.

Hi

can you post your stats?.
hi how u doing.i could understand from sdn that u got in USN.can u please tell me whether ur a bachelor from a foreign country..if so did u take any pre requisites from us to apply there.will USN give admn directly to foreign graduates of pharmacy...with out course work in us.i am a graduate of pharmacy from india and i am looking for pharm d admn.so please give me suggstions.i applied in nova and western.do u know abt any other collges that we can apply.please reply me,any reply will be appreciated.i remain in anticipation.

I did not apply at USN.
I was accepted at Nova & westren.
hi how u doing.i could understand from sdn that u got in USN.can u please tell me whether ur a bachelor from a foreign country..if so did u take any pre requisites from us to apply there.will USN give admn directly to foreign graduates of pharmacy...with out course work in us.i am a graduate of pharmacy from india and i am looking for pharm d admn.so please give me suggstions.i applied in nova and western.do u know abt any other collges that we can apply.please reply me,any reply will be appreciated.i remain in anticipation.

hi rsk i am a graduate of pharmacy from india completed my b pharm.i would like to do pharm d here..i have a gpa of 3.94.i applied in nova and western and i didn't hear from them anything yet.how i sthe ia exam in western,i applied in western last week..do u know any other colleges that we can apply?

hi rsk i am a graduate of pharmacy from india completed my b pharm.i would like to do pharm d here..i have a gpa of 3.94.i applied in nova and western and i didn't hear from them anything yet.how i sthe ia exam in western,i applied in western last week..do u know any other colleges that we can apply?
where r u doing pharm d now?do u know how many seats r there in western?

hey i applied to nova, western and usn but havent hear anything yet...anybody got in to NOVA for Fall 2008?

hey i applied to nova, western and usn but havent hear anything yet...anybody got in to NOVA for Fall 2008?
hello!!r u international student?
I have jus applied to USN......but no reply.would u mind me asking ur stats?

hello!!r u international student?
I have jus applied to USN......but no reply.would u mind me asking ur stats?

have applied to usn and got an interview call on 19th feb....but haevnt heard anything from nova

have applied to usn and got an interview call on 19th feb....but haevnt heard anything from nova
r u sure they has an interview? Since I have asked Renee, the lady in admission department; she said there will be no interview for inte'l program.
How was it going in last year? some one know?

they dont have interview system but if u ask for interview date s then they might give date and that may create some impact on her...

r u sure they has an interview? Since I have asked Renee, the lady in admission department; she said there will be no interview for inte'l program.
How was it going in last year? some one know?

I just found it was USN, not NSU (Nova southeastern Uni). Sorry for this mistake.~And good luck for your interview!
I think USN requies some pre-pharmacy courses, as an intenational student, you have taken those courses already? Since if you have taken them, Have you ever applied any other pharmacy school? You have much more choices!

Ling,

USN is a regular 3-year school. It does not have a specific international program. It is an accelerated school. The tuition though is extremely expensive.

Also, they only go by GPA and you have to have around a 3.7 or so to get in. Difficulty of college is not weighted at all. It is a point system to award the interviews.
The calculation is by the following:

30 points (Overall GPA)
Hence if someone has 3.9 the calculation is as follows:

(3.9/4.0) * 60 = x

30 points (science GPA with courses listed on website)
calculated as above.

2 points for bachelors degree, and 1 point for each additional graduate degree awarded.

for example, BS = 2 points, each MS = 1 point, PhD = 1 point.

DIFFICULTY OF SCHOOL NOT WEIGHTED! COMMUNITY COLLEGE 4.0 = MIT 4.0
on their point system

The highest 15-20% of scores are invited to interview

Interview is worth the remaining 40 points.

Those with the highest combined scores get in.

hope this helps!

But there is no int'l program, it is just a 3 year program with an unusual grading system once you get into the program. Read some of the other posts about their "block" system

I just found it was USN, not NSU (Nova southeastern Uni). Sorry for this mistake.~And good luck for your interview!
I think USN requies some pre-pharmacy courses, as an intenational student, you have taken those courses already? Since if you have taken them, Have you ever applied any other pharmacy school? You have much more choices!
yes they do require pre-req but i am pharmacist from native country india so i m fine with that....have applied to nova and western...what abt u?whats ur background?

Ling,

USN is a regular 3-year school. It does not have a specific international program. It is an accelerated school. The tuition though is extremely expensive.

Also, they only go by GPA and you have to have around a 3.7 or so to get in. Difficulty of college is not weighted at all. It is a point system to award the interviews.
The calculation is by the following:

30 points (Overall GPA)
Hence if someone has 3.9 the calculation is as follows:

(3.9/4.0) * 60 = x

30 points (science GPA with courses listed on website)
calculated as above.

2 points for bachelors degree, and 1 point for each additional graduate degree awarded.

for example, BS = 2 points, each MS = 1 point, PhD = 1 point.

DIFFICULTY OF SCHOOL NOT WEIGHTED! COMMUNITY COLLEGE 4.0 = MIT 4.0
on their point system

The highest 15-20% of scores are invited to interview

Interview is worth the remaining 40 points.

Those with the highest combined scores get in.

hope this helps!

But there is no int'l program, it is just a 3 year program with an unusual grading system once you get into the program. Read some of the other posts about their "block" system

hi,
i have 3.85 gpa in BS and will complete MS in this may 2008 ..last year also applied and went for interview but didnt get into usn...this year going on 19th feb?what r my chances to get in?how shd i improve myself ?

I did not receive any thing from NOVA. However there is one news; do you know Renee in admission departement in NOVA, who supposed to be "As far as I know rene is the only nice person at Nova" said by rsk. She has left NOVA last week, and they employ a new guy.

yes they do require pre-req but i am pharmacist from native country india so i m fine with that....have applied to nova and western...what abt u?whats ur background?

any recent news from nova or western uni that will be helpful to get in?

mingleandy1985, the GPA is used to get the interview invite. Then, your interview is worth 40%, you should try to find out contacts of international students who got accepted and how they answered the interview questions.

I know that one international student on this pharmacy forum, who was completed college in Florida, applied to nova, and got waitlisted. It seemed like they were thinking that a foreigner was taking up spots away from native students.

The best bet is to private message the several people that go to USN on this forum, and keep on doing that until you reach someone who knows an international student. Then you can communicate with that international student and determine the best way to answer the interview questions.

As I said, they will probably make it harder for you to get accepted and get a good score on the interview since you are int'l student.

This forum is very helpful to me. I'm also an international student but from the Philippines, I will be applying for next fall. I was just wondering if these 3 schools- NSU, USN, WesternU are the only schools accepting international students. I have a Bachelor's degree and I am not very confident with my GPA, I don't know it yet, I haven't had it evaluated yet. What are the chances of me getting in? Isn't it a requirement for NSU to have a current Florida license?

I'm very happy for all those who got accepted to these schools, I envy you guys. You must all be very smart especially with those stats..

How do I apply for a Florida license?