Has anyone applied to NOVA's International PharmD Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Its been a while since we've had a post here...so, I thought I say "hello :) " to everyone.

For those who are taking the IPBP exam & interview at Western U...How are you preparing for the exam & the interview?

For those who applied to NOVA's international program...Have you heard anything from them yet?

Take care!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Its been a while since we've had a post here...so, I thought I say "hello :) " to everyone.

For those who are taking the IPBP exam & interview at Western U...How are you preparing for the exam & the interview?

For those who applied to NOVA's international program...Have you heard anything from them yet?

Take care!!!

For IPBP, I am mainly focussing on pharmacology & Pharmaceutics.
How is your prep going on?.

No news from Nova yet.
Good Luck
Rsk

Hello Rsk,

Same here, my only resource to prepare of IPBP program is the study guide material provided by them. I am just a little nervous :scared: about the interview it self more than the exam. Still no word to NOVA:( , hopefully we'll hear something by end of May.

Take care!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello EveryBody

How was your IA exam and interview at westren.
please post your feedback.

i got a leter from nova financial aid office that my financial aid has been recieved..

Flash News: Decision Letter Have Been Mailed And Shall Be Receiving Them Shortly....

This Was The Exact Words Of Dr Leane Lai's Assistant.

has any one of u gotten any mails form nsu.. i got 2 mails one for financial aid office sayign that they received tmy financial aid and also one form the registar givine me my pin and webmail id etc etc.....

but its cleaerly mentioned that this mail doenst mean an admission...

So all of us will b waiting tentatively for the result

has any one of u gotten any mails form nsu.. i got 2 mails one for financial aid office sayign that they received tmy financial aid and also one form the registar givine me my pin and webmail id etc etc.....

but its cleaerly mentioned that this mail doenst mean an admission...

So all of us will b waiting tentatively for the result

May be the mail from register indicates you have been accepted.Just my wild guess.:)

Hello Everyone,

I just got back from CA. As far as the IPBP exam, I think I did ok on it and interview wasn't bad either. But there were so many students there who felt the same way....probability of being accepted doesn't look so good. Everyone there whom I spoke with thought they did just as well on the exam and the interview. There were few reapplicants as well, which had done well on the exam last year but were not granted admission. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

As far as NOVA, I called to admission office few days ago and they gave me the same response as they did to "gvsk".

Good luck everyone...Please keep this post updated.

fingers crossed buddy

Hello Everyone,

I just got back from CA. As far as the IPBP exam, I think I did ok on it and interview wasn't bad either. But there were so many students there who felt the same way....probability of being accepted doesn't look so good. Everyone there whom I spoke with thought they did just as well on the exam and the interview. There were few reapplicants as well, which had done well on the exam last year but were not granted admission. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

As far as NOVA, I called to admission office few days ago and they gave me the same response as they did to "gvsk".

did they tell by when we will be getting the letters..... and have all of them been posted...

i got a leter from nova financial aid office that my financial aid has been recieved..

I got a letter like that about 1 week before i got my acceptance letter to UMKC :D good luck :luck:

I got a letter like that about 1 week before i got my acceptance letter to UMKC :D good luck :luck:

did you apply for the 2 yr 4 month international prog

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,

Ho go4it

when did you call nova office?.

Hi RSK,

I had called NOVA last Thursday. How do you think you did at Western U?

I think the reason that gvsk received an email with webmail id is because he has applied for Financial Aid (I found this out by searching some old threads on this site).

Hi RSK,

I had called NOVA last Thursday. How do you think you did at Western U?

Just like every one else.I think it all depends how your essay and interview is graded.

congrats to dipbuck dipen for getting into NOVA Intl prog for fall 2007

he got it today

I am also from AP.
B.pharm from KU.
MS in chemistry.

B.pharm GPA ----> 3.86
MS -----> 3.68
LORs from 4 professors.
2 form American professors
1 from pharmacist
1 from Dean of Pharmacy college(KU),India

Applied to Nova and western

Did you guys hear anything form western regarding interview decision?

Congratulations to satish(vkg1116) on his acceptance to Nova Intl program

:thumbup: :hardy:

can u pls tell me when the acceptance letter was dated...

i mean the date on the acceptance letter so that i can guage when my acceptance or rejection will reach me

I spoke to satish last night , it was post marked on 28th april in Florida.
another person in CA got acceptance letter on may 2nd.

i mean the date on the acceptance letter so that i can guage when my acceptance or rejection will reach me

Gvsk
Any Idea when was dipen's letter was post marked?

he hasnt replied to me yet....
i donno hpow long it will take to reach india

Congratulations to dipbuck (Dipen) and vkg1116 (Satish) on their acceptance to NOVA.

hey all.....yes i got in finally.:)...i still dont believe that it is happening.I got the acceptance mailed to me on 1st of may....They have asked me to make a deposit of $1000 before 15th MAy.hey thanx go4it,rsk and gvsk(sai):D....hope to see u all at nova this fall......Good luck:thumbup: !!!!

I got the acceptance mailed to me on 3rd of may..Thanks go4it,,rsk and gvsk,dipen....hope to see u all at nova this fall......Good luck !!!!

Congratulations to those who got the admission to nova.
anyone else got letter? I am still waiting.

I graduated with a bachelor degree of science in pharmaceutical preparation. However, nova says "Prior to matriculation, College of Pharmacy applicants must complete and receive a Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy from a program accredited by the country of residence. "
I do not know wether I quarlify their requirement. I have sent them email and gave them phone call, but no response.
So I ask for help here.
Is the bachelor degree of science in pharmaceutical preparation different with Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy, and Can I apply NOVA?

Still waiting...No respose from NOVA yet :(.

Hello every one
I got acceptance letter from NOVA for fall 2007 intl PharmD program.
Letter was postmarked April 30(sunday!) and It was a certified mail.
My hopes were very low as I had not submitted LORs from Pharmacist and Dean of Pharmacy college.

It looks like applicants with US masters degree made it to the list.This may not be 100% true.As far as I know people who have their US masters or pursuing a masters degree were given acceptance.

Here are my stats:

B.Pharm (GPA -- 3.76)
MS(Chemistry -- GPA 3.66)
LORs from 3 professors who taught me in MS program.

will be more than happy to guide all future applicants.Drop me a PM(private message) if you need advice/assistance.

Cheers
RSK:love:

RSK: Congratulations on getting accepted to NOVA:thumbup: .

no letter of acceptance or rejection yet....

i am in india right now and all letters r comin to my india address...

i hav recenty finished b pharm this year....

awaiting my 4th yr 2nd sem results...

and congrats to RSK

is any ine who got accepted into this prog a permanent resident of the USA..

if any one knows abt this info pls let me know

thnx

Hi gvsk,

I'm still waiting to hear back from NOVA as well. I called them on 05/07 and they said that my file is under review and they should have all the decisions made by end of May.

For Western applicants: Any news yet? It'll be two weeks since the interview this coming Friday.

Hi gvsk,

I'm still waiting to hear back from NOVA as well. I called them on 05/07 and they said that my file is under review and they should have all the decisions made by end of May.

For Western applicants: Any news yet? It'll be two weeks since the interview this coming Friday.

whome did u call to find status....

they gave me an onlne pin and id to see srtatus but i cant see status in that

I spoke with a nice lady (sorry I don't remember her name) there..who looked up my application status using my name & id (usually every time I call, I get someone rude and just provides a general admission status, which is helpless). When I applied to NOVA, I applied using their online application and I had my online user id & pin since then, but it never shows that status of my application :( .

That is RXXX @ ext 1123
I spoke with a nice lady (sorry I don't remember her name) there..who looked up my application status using my name & id (usually every time I call, I get someone rude and just provides a general admission status, which is helpless). When I applied to NOVA, I applied using their online application and I had my online user id & pin since then, but it never shows that status of my application :( .

I too had lots of questions while applying to Nova But no one was able to answer them.Best bet is to apply and see.worst case scenario your wallet will be lighter by $50.00!!
I graduated with a bachelor degree of science in pharmaceutical preparation. However, nova says "Prior to matriculation, College of Pharmacy applicants must complete and receive a Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy from a program accredited by the country of residence. "
I do not know wether I quarlify their requirement. I have sent them email and gave them phone call, but no response.
So I ask for help here.
Is the bachelor degree of science in pharmaceutical preparation different with Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy, and Can I apply NOVA?

rsk
congrats.! am also waiting 4 their decision letter from nova.could u plz give me the ph # 2 find out the status.
thanks
sherin

Hello every one
My hopes were very low as I had not submitted LORs from Pharmacist and Dean of Pharmacy college.

It looks like applicants with US masters degree made it to the list.This may not be 100% true.As far as I know people who have their US masters or pursuing a masters degree were given acceptance.

Here are my stats:

B.Pharm (GPA -- 3.76)

will be more than happy to guide all future applicants.Drop me a PM(private message) if y

send me a PM , I will reply with phone #
rsk
congrats.! am also waiting 4 their decision letter from nova.could u plz give me the ph # 2 find out the status.
thanks
sherin

Hello every one

Here are my stats:

B.Pharm (GPA -- 3.76)

will be more than happy to guide all future applicants.Drop me a PM(private message) if y

I too had lots of questions while applying to Nova But no one was able to answer them.Best bet is to apply and see.worst case scenario your wallet will be lighter by $50.00!!

I think NOVA service is really bad~however it is the only chance for us international students~~~Western is too expensive. Anyway, I plan to visit NOVA personally to talk with officer face to face. Maybe they will answer my question.

One more thing, is there any guy from China? I am a chinese, graduated from CPU. Welcome to make friends.

i did go personally to the univ in jan... 07. they said i cant speak to any one w/o takin any appointment.. i told em i cudnt make one cos no one answers the phones here..

so i took an apt at a designated time 10 days later and when i did call no one picked up

THAT WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL> I WONDER HOW THE EDUCATION LEVEL IS

Western U. applicants: Has anyone heard anything back from Western U yet? Its been two weeks since the interview & exam now and still no word.

I'm still waiting for a response from NOVA as well.

westren is closed today and yesterday.May be we should hear something next week.

Western U. applicants: Has anyone heard anything back from Western U yet? Its been two weeks since the interview & exam now and still no word.

I'm still waiting for a response from NOVA as well.

Thanks RSK for the information re. Western U's schedule.

hey go4 it..

i tried callin renee last 3 days dint pick up the phone....

i was actualkly adviuced to call the main dept and complain abt this by the receptionist