Has anyone checked out College of St Scholastica?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bnwj89

SPT
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to College of St Scholastica, and the deadline to accept and pay the deposit is this Wednesday (3/7). This school did not have interviews, so I have not actually ever been there or know much about the program...it was kind of a "it's last minute and I want to make sure I get in somewhere, so I'll apply to these few extra schools" thing. I am not able to visit the school before the deadline.

I need to decide whether to pay the $250 deposit and then go check it out, or to just say screw it and decline.

I have also been accepted to RMUoHP, which I really like. Tuition is cheaper by about 5k at RMUoHP.

It's hard to make a decision about which is the best school for me when I haven't been to CSS... I'm really leaning towards just declining, and moving forward with RMUoHP.

Has anyone been to CSS?

Members don't see this ad.

You've been accepted at a school that you like and is less expensive. Sounds like a win win to me.

That's what I keep telling myself too. I guess I'm just wanting to make sure I'm not about to turn down a school that I would absolutely love if I were to check it out

Sent from my DROID3 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Just ask yourself if going on a tour of the other school is worth 250 (because you wouldnt be able to visit until after you paid the deposit, right?) Say you pay the deposit and then go there and like it, but still like school 1 more....well there goes that 250 that could have been put towards books, rent, insurance etc. for school 1. Be smart :)

you're in a tough situation (that i'm sure many people on here would love to be in), but you have to honestly think about what you're trying to do here:

1. You love the school you got into PLUS it's cheaper
2. You have no idea about CSS (plus I find it weird that not ALL programs interview, but whatever)
3. You want to spend money on a program you may end up not liking at all.

If you end up loving CSS, will you go there? Be honest with yourself with that one. I had to deal with the same situation when it came to paying for my spot or waiting until I saw another school. The bottom line for me was that, no matter how nice the second school was, it was further than where I wanted to travel, was more expensive, and wasn't as 'diverse' as my first school. I decided to put my money in a better place and not waste it on a school I ultimately didn't want to go to based on School 1