Has anyone heard anything from Midwestern-CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I chose redwood 2.

I lived in Redwood 2...it is very much the same as Redwood 1 in terms of layout. It is just a little newer. I liked it very much and enjoyed living on campus. MWU dorms are very clean and well kept.

Members don't see this ad.

I lived in Redwood 2...it is very much the same as Redwood 1 in terms of layout. It is just a little newer. I liked it very much and enjoyed living on campus. MWU dorms are very clean and well kept.

Good to know, thanks. Any other insight would be awesome.

I have a question. If I decided not to file my tax and still apply for FAFSA, would it hurt me in anyway? Will Fafsa give me enough money to pay for school tuition and living expense? Or must I apply for other loans as well? I'm pretty new to this and I'm confused as hell. Please show me how it's done ..thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the dorm input guys! anyone have any updates on the laptop situation?

I have a question. If I decided not to file my tax and still apply for FAFSA, would it hurt me in anyway? Will Fafsa give me enough money to pay for school tuition and living expense? Or must I apply for other loans as well? I'm pretty new to this and I'm confused as hell. Please show me how it's done ..thanks

Isn't filing your taxes mandatory unless you're a dependent (then you would be using your parent's tax info for your FAFSA) or you are 'independent' and makes less than $9350/yr? Or... are you illegally not filing your taxes and hope they don't catch you?

Didn't you have do apply for FAFSA for undergrad? Regardless, you still have to enter your income and/or your parent's income for fafsa.

Good to know, thanks. Any other insight would be awesome.

Redwood 1 you can open windows for fresh air... while Redwood 2 you cannot... Redwood 1 rooms gives me a very depressed feelin' considerin' its somewhat old and ancient compared to Redwood 2... The closet space i believe in Redwood 1 is a little bit bigger/but doesn't look as nice... Redwood 2 closet is a bit smaller but looks nicer...

I currently live in redwood 2... just a personal preference of mine... So I guess it really depends on how you like your room made up...

Ultimately the decision is up to you... however... I would definitely submit a request for rooms as early as possible when they are released b/c that will distinguish you on getting a "low floor" easier to move stuff on move-in day or a "high-floor" and the only way to go up is stairs or this dinky little elevator... In addition to if you will get either redwood 1 or redwood 2... or if you plan on tradtionals u can do that also...

NOTE: The apartments on campus ie. pines.. you have to pay utilities... but you get your own kitchen... also you need to provide yourself a mattress so ifyou want to go that route... it'll be a little more expensive...

If you have any other questions please let me know...

Redwood 1 you can open windows for fresh air... while Redwood 2 you cannot... Redwood 1 rooms gives me a very depressed feelin' considerin' its somewhat old and ancient compared to Redwood 2... The closet space i believe in Redwood 1 is a little bit bigger/but doesn't look as nice... Redwood 2 closet is a bit smaller but looks nicer...

I currently live in redwood 2... just a personal preference of mine... So I guess it really depends on how you like your room made up...

Ultimately the decision is up to you... however... I would definitely submit a request for rooms as early as possible when they are released b/c that will distinguish you on getting a "low floor" easier to move stuff on move-in day or a "high-floor" and the only way to go up is stairs or this dinky little elevator... In addition to if you will get either redwood 1 or redwood 2... or if you plan on tradtionals u can do that also...

NOTE: The apartments on campus ie. pines.. you have to pay utilities... but you get your own kitchen... also you need to provide yourself a mattress so ifyou want to go that route... it'll be a little more expensive...

If you have any other questions please let me know...

When is the best time to submit? Are you from CA? If you are, how do you cope with the weather, traffic, and everything lol. How are the classes for the first year? 2nd year? I'm sorry to bombarded u w/ questions but I just want to be well prepared :laugh:. Share as much as you can plzzzzzz

When is the best time to submit? Are you from CA? If you are, how do you cope with the weather, traffic, and everything lol. How are the classes for the first year? 2nd year? I'm sorry to bombarded u w/ questions but I just want to be well prepared :laugh:. Share as much as you can plzzzzzz

Lucky for you... I'm from both states... lived in IL all my life recently moved to CA... anyways... weather - can get quite cold in the the winter... you'll be spending a majority of your school year in the cold weather so you'll get use to it quick... in the winter you'll have to warm up your car, which is always a pain... and if it snows your in for a treat... lol... nothin' to worry about that you'll get use to it fast...

traffic - nothing you can't handle if your from cali... traffic ain't bad... but don't be expecting to go 80mph as u are in cali... there's cops everywhere...

1st year - I'm class of 2012... and we are the guinea pigs for the new curriculum... 1st year is a not very difficult, it'll definitely be a bit different in terms of exam schedules (2 exams every week or so...) a lot of classes will be repeats of what you took in college...

2nd year - this is what i think of it... :(... I've never experience such hardships... lol.. they have honestly bombarded us w/ the toughest classes and exam schedule I have ever seen... no worries they are changing it somewhat for you guys...

hope that helps...

Lucky for you... I'm from both states... lived in IL all my life recently moved to CA... anyways... weather - can get quite cold in the the winter... you'll be spending a majority of your school year in the cold weather so you'll get use to it quick... in the winter you'll have to warm up your car, which is always a pain... and if it snows your in for a treat... lol... nothin' to worry about that you'll get use to it fast...

traffic - nothing you can't handle if your from cali... traffic ain't bad... but don't be expecting to go 80mph as u are in cali... there's cops everywhere...

1st year - I'm class of 2012... and we are the guinea pigs for the new curriculum... 1st year is a not very difficult, it'll definitely be a bit different in terms of exam schedules (2 exams every week or so...) a lot of classes will be repeats of what you took in college...

2nd year - this is what i think of it... :(... I've never experience such hardships... lol.. they have honestly bombarded us w/ the toughest classes and exam schedule I have ever seen... no worries they are changing it somewhat for you guys...

hope that helps...

What do you think of working while in pharmacy school. Is it too much to handle? I'm saying like working about couple hours a week at CVS or something. Is it a wise decision?

What do you think of working while in pharmacy school. Is it too much to handle? I'm saying like working about couple hours a week at CVS or something. Is it a wise decision?

If you are able to handle your school workload... more power to you... I'm currently working at CVS... my suggestion is just to get a feel for your classes first and make a decision then... or you can always work 1 every 2-3 weeks just to stay on the payroll..

i also applied Jan. 10th and haven't heard back anything...

Just got an e-mail from Midwestern to go for an on campus interview. Phew!!

Iowa: interview 2/27
Midwestern CCP: have to schedule the interview
Creighton: denied interview
UIC: still waiting!

Just got an e-mail from Midwestern to go for an on campus interview. Phew!!

Iowa: interview 2/27
Midwestern CCP: have to schedule the interview
Creighton: denied interview
UIC: still waiting!

I feel ya, just received my email invite today also!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just deposited my money to Midwestern University and it sent me to these steps for financial aid.

Step #3 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Step #4 Federal Stafford Loans
Step #5 Federal Graduate PLUS and Private Loans

Can someone tell me the difference b/w Fafsa Loan and Stafford Loans? I thought Fafsa would pay all the fee? I'm so confused, can some one please break them up and tell me who pays for what and how much would one give me? I'm really confused!! I'm going krazy /sniff

Last edited:
I just deposited my money to Midwestern University and it sent me to these steps for financial aid.

Step #3 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Step #4 Federal Stafford Loans
Step #5 Federal Graduate PLUS and Private Loans

Can someone tell me the difference b/w Fafsa Loan and Stafford Loans? I thought Fafsa would pay all the fee? I'm so confused, can some one please break them up and tell me who pays for what and how much would one give me? I'm really confused!! I'm going krazy /sniff

The FAFSA isn't a loan, it reports your financial info to schools that then use that info to determine what kind of loans you can qualify for and how much you will need for school, etc. You can go to this website for a good overview and general info about all of this.

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/before014.htm

The FAFSA isn't a loan, it reports your financial info to schools that then use that info to determine what kind of loans you can qualify for and how much you will need for school, etc. You can go to this website for a good overview and general info about all of this.

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/before014.htm

So I should file Fafsa first, then Stafford loan later? Or the school will tell me how much i need based on my fafsa and then they will offer me Stafford loan? Uh ...

You file your FAFSA first, then they'll determine your EFC which in turn will determine if you receive federal grants otherwise your options would be loans or work-study jobs. Just be sure to check that you'll like to be offered loans.

You file your FAFSA first, then they'll determine your EFC which in turn will determine if you receive federal grants otherwise your options would be loans or work-study jobs. Just be sure to check that you'll like to be offered loans.

You mean I may be eligible for federal grant based on my EFC? Usually how much do they give if you're in pharmacy school. And the rest will be loan?

i think most students will be able to receive slightly more than enough in federal loans to pay for tuition.. so maybe $33k? you'll probably need more than that to cover living expenses and you have the option of taking out private loans to cover that.

You mean I may be eligible for federal grant based on my EFC? Usually how much do they give if you're in pharmacy school. And the rest will be loan?

From what I understand, grants aren't given for a "graduate" school like they are for your first 4 years of college. That being said, you should have no problem qualifying for subsidized and/or unsubsidized loans to cover tuition and the cost of living expenses. This is why it is important to fill out the fafsa so that your "EFC" can be calculated which determines your "need" for assistance. The schools use that "EFC" number to help determine this.

I just found the good news through the portal too! Yippeee!

Hey all, just wondering if anyone else interviewed on Feb. 16th and if you've heard back yet? I know they said 3-4 weeks and it's only been 3, but as I'm sure all of you know it's hard to put it in the back of your mind and not worry about it.

Hey all, just wondering if anyone else interviewed on Feb. 16th and if you've heard back yet? I know they said 3-4 weeks and it's only been 3, but as I'm sure all of you know it's hard to put it in the back of your mind and not worry about it.

Have you not gotten anything in the mail? I thought most people who interviewed in Feb got their responses at the end of the month already, but I could be wrong.

Actually I think I meant the 17th because that's when I got the "thanks for interviewing" e-mail. It makes me feel a little bit better that someone else hasn't heard from them yet. My friend that interviewed 2 weeks before me heard back about 2 weeks ago so hopefully it will be coming soon.

Actually I think I meant the 17th because that's when I got the "thanks for interviewing" e-mail. It makes me feel a little bit better that someone else hasn't heard from them yet. My friend that interviewed 2 weeks before me heard back about 2 weeks ago so hopefully it will be coming soon.

When I emailed Kerry asking a question about one of my prereqs, I asked if she knew when the ad-com was meeting. She told me that graduation was on March 5th (Remember they're on the quarter system) and that they wouldn't be meeting at the earliest until March 8th. So I think we should be hearing soon. I think they have another set of interviews going on March 12th, so they might actually combine our interviews with theirs ad the next ad-com meeting.

Thanks a lot for the info and I really hope we do hear back soon! I hate waiting. Hopefully we both get some good news soon.

When I emailed Kerry asking a question about one of my prereqs, I asked if she knew when the ad-com was meeting. She told me that graduation was on March 5th (Remember they're on the quarter system) and that they wouldn't be meeting at the earliest until March 8th. So I think we should be hearing soon. I think they have another set of interviews going on March 12th, so they might actually combine our interviews with theirs ad the next ad-com meeting.

Ah, I forgot that graduation would be an issue. I attended last week actually since this was my sister's last year! :)

I've also interviewed on 2/17 and am really anxious to hear back from them ...now i know what's taking so long! haha thanks aznsensazn3 for the info! :)

I was told the committee was meeting TODAY! So, hopefully we'll hear some good news soon. I interviewed on 2/5 and did not hear anything, so I called and Kerry emailed me letting me know the meeting was scheduled for 3/17. Time for a little luck 'o the Irish......:luck:

Hey guys

For my interview which is in approx. 2 weeks, do you guys think a shirt and a tie will suffice? Or will a suit be necessary?

I was told the committee was meeting TODAY! So, hopefully we'll hear some good news soon. I interviewed on 2/5 and did not hear anything, so I called and Kerry emailed me letting me know the meeting was scheduled for 3/17. Time for a little luck 'o the Irish......:luck:

Hey, thanks for the info. I interviewed on 2/17 and haven't heard back yet. Good luck to you and hopefully we both get some good news soon! :xf:

Yeah, new students are required to purchase laptops through the school. They didn't really elaborate beyond that (at least that I heard).

they provide you with a "free" laptop... that is included in your tuition;

Hey guys if I apply for financial aid past May 14 (the priority deadline) will I be possibly denied of some loans? I am asking because I am probably going to have to take out the whole $200,000.

Yeah, new students are required to purchase laptops through the school. They didn't really elaborate beyond that (at least that I heard).

Yeah, that's the only info we received a few months back. I think Optimistic (and myself) would like to know if they decided WHICH laptops they are going to be providing. I guess no new info then...

did anyone receive an email this morning stating that "the letters will be mailed out monday"..? i guess that means we won't actually find out monday then? :( wondering if that's when they'll be updating the portal too...

they provide you with a "free" laptop... that is included in your tuition;

I just had my interview today and they said that they give you the laptop. They included it in cost of attendence under technology so it wouldn't be an out of pocket expense (so that it could be covered by financial aid if that is the route you need to take to pay for school.)

did anyone receive an email this morning stating that "the letters will be mailed out monday"..? i guess that means we won't actually find out monday then? :( wondering if that's when they'll be updating the portal too...

I got the same exact email. I interviewed on 2-19. My little sister interviewed on 3-12. She got the same email. I'm assuming they had one big Adcom meeting for all those dates from February to mid-March. I'm also thinking that they will update the portal at the earliest Monday, latest probably Tuesday. I know it will take self control, but I think I'm going to resist checking the portal, I want to be able to find out by mail. :scared:

I got the same exact email. I interviewed on 2-19. My little sister interviewed on 3-12. She got the same email. I'm assuming they had one big Adcom meeting for all those dates from February to mid-March. I'm also thinking that they will update the portal at the earliest Monday, latest probably Tuesday. I know it will take self control, but I think I'm going to resist checking the portal, I want to be able to find out by mail. :scared:

they said at the interview they weren't going to update the portal; that would be way too easy ;); looks like we're all going to have a great time treading towards insanity as we're waiting for snail mail to arrive;

I got a letter in the mail today about the laptops today! Bad news is, they're going to talk about the specifics/distribution during orientation -- which is Aug 31st! Sooooooo, it looks like we'll have to wait until then to get them. I might email them later when I have time to see what kind of laptops that they're considering. Also, in case you're wondering how we're paying for it, it will be billed as a "technology fee" in our tuition and will be included in our financial aid package.

they said at the interview they weren't going to update the portal; that would be way too easy ;); looks like we're all going to have a great time treading towards insanity as we're waiting for snail mail to arrive;

Wait whaaat? They've always updated the portals! It seems weird that they would change now. I don't know if they've changed this, as well, but they might call people for acceptances... that's how I found out, although some people never got a call.

Does anyone know if there's public transportation nearby? I know there's a Metra station on Main/Warren, just south of the university. Are there buses that head that way? I'm just preparing for the worst case scenario when I don't have a ride back