Have I reinvented enough? Or should I take more UD classes? AMCAS GPA Grid Included

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctoscope

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing up my reinvention DIY postbacc this summer, and getting ready to apply in 2022. My undergrad record is atrocious, but it looks like I'll be finishing up my postbacc with ~3.98 at 67 units (one A- in Physics III). Here's my AMCAS GPA grid:

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 3.37.40 AM.png

As you can see, my undergrad record is quite ugly. My AACOMAS BCPM GPA is something like a 3.8-3.9. All my BCPM classes in undergrad were math and computer science. I have no retakes in my postbacc.

The courses I took in my PB are all the med school prereqs including all the labs + psych & soc, as well as 6 upper division classes in neurophysio, pathology, genetics, cell bio, protein chem, and cancer bio.

My projected EC's by May 2022 are 600-700 hours of clinical exp, and ~300 hours of nonclinical exp (100 hrs each for 3 orgs). I just started studying for the MCAT.

Looking at my trend, would you say I reinvented enough? Or is there still something that needs to be done? I could I take a couple of more classes in Fall 2021 (like ~2 upper divisions) to show a continued trend, but it doesn't make any significant changes to any numbers. I'd really like to avoid an SMP if possible, since I'm all out of money soon.

Thanks for your advice. I'd appreciate your help, @Goro @gonnif

Members don't see this ad.

you've clearly reinvented yourself GPA wise and you have good ECs. Just focus now on doing well on the MCAT.

You far exceed a lot of schools 3.0 gpa cut offs and there is no reason for you to do a SMP.

Reactions: 2 users