Healthcare Bill -- YES or NO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Do you support the health care bill?

  • Yes - in favor

    Votes: 83 31.1%
  • No - opposed

    Votes: 154 57.7%
  • On the fence

    Votes: 30 11.2%

  • Total voters
    267
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Uh, what? I definitely would still find Gran Torino funny. It's funny because it's making fun of racial stereotypes in several cultures.

I wasn't talking about Gran Torino. I was talking about people being sent back to countries where the infrastructure has been destroyed by the U.S. Yet you say the word illegals isn't used in liberal places. Michigan is liberal and believe me they kick out "illegals" when the "illegals" are racially stereotyped as terrorists.
 
1. The declaration of independence is not the same as the constitution.

2. Arizona is not a "hick" state. Phoenix is littered with liberal California transplants.

3. The term "illegals" is no different than saying the "negros".

4. What is it with liberals thinking that "illegal immigrants" deserve free healthcare just because they made it across the border?

EDIT:

5. To the poster above about socialized education: it doesn't work!
:laugh: reminds me of people who say they aren't racist because they have a bunch of X Race friends
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear God almighty. I pray for you. Try saying this to a black man's face. Try going to downtown Oakland or Chicago and offer to buy a drink for the "negro." Say "I'd like to buy that negro over there a drink." I'd be completely shocked if you didn't get shot or at least punched.

I do believe that is the point of this post. way to miss the boat numbnuts.
 
To be honest, AZ is in a weird state of transition with everyone moving here like it is some sort of boom town. It in now way resembles anything I knew when I grew up. You have the liberals from Cali, the rising Mormon population, fundamentalist Christians, money hungry pseudo-upper middle class families driving their hummers to the grocery store and many, many immigrants.
 
To be honest, AZ is in a weird state of transition with everyone moving here like it is some sort of boom town. It in now way resembles anything I knew when I grew up. You have the liberals from Cali, the rising Mormon population, fundamentalist Christians, money hungry pseudo-upper middle class families driving their hummers to the grocery store and many, many immigrants.

Why you mad?
 
To be honest, AZ is in a weird state of transition with everyone moving here like it is some sort of boom town. It in now way resembles anything I knew when I grew up. You have the liberals from Cali, the rising Mormon population, fundamentalist Christians, money hungry pseudo-upper middle class families driving their hummers to the grocery store and many, many immigrants.

When I think of AZ I think of KB Homes. Lots of homes.
 
To be honest, AZ is in a weird state of transition with everyone moving here like it is some sort of boom town. It in now way resembles anything I knew when I grew up. You have the liberals from Cali, the rising Mormon population, fundamentalist Christians, money hungry pseudo-upper middle class families driving their hummers to the grocery store and many, many immigrants.

I know, it's hilarious, I'm so glad to be back in michigan, and 10 years ago I never thought I'd say that
 
I wasn't talking about Gran Torino. I was talking about people being sent back to countries where the infrastructure has been destroyed by the U.S. Yet you say the word illegals isn't used in liberal places. Michigan is liberal and believe me they kick out "illegals" when the "illegals" are racially stereotyped as terrorists.

Fair enough. Yes, it's prejudiced and it's said everywhere. I agree. I shouldn't have said it only happens in red states. It's even worse in parts of some blue states. However, the poster didn't seem aware that the term was racist.

Umm, I'm not.

Uh huh. I bet you've never used a stereotype in your life either.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fair enough. Yes, it's prejudiced and it's said everywhere. I agree. I shouldn't have said it only happens in red states. It's even worse in parts of some blue states. However, the poster didn't seem aware that the term was racist.



Uh huh. I bet you've never used a stereotype in your life either.

I was accused of being a red-state jockey meathead in another thread.

Don't know many bisexual meatheads though.
 
I do believe that is the point of this post. way to miss the boat numbnuts.

:laugh: I wonder if I would really throw away my acceptance to Michigan in favor of Duke or UCSF based on the people that seem to live in Michigan. You and others seem to be persuading me to do exactly that.

I'll have to watch Gran Torino again to and then I can make a more objective decision. :meanie:
 
Who better to comment on the american healthcare system than someone who hasn't even set foot into medical school and lives in a redneck state while using the term "illegals." let me guess, your parents are conservatives, love john mccain and hate everyone who doesn't? I went to UA so I know how it is.. thinking you know jack when you don't

I live in one of the most liberal areas of one of the bluest states in the country, and tonight is literally the first time I've heard that the term "illegal" is somehow offensive. What's the PC term "transplanted hispanics"?
 
Every place has it's *******s: hipsters, hicks, yuppies, academics, billionaire snotheads, ugly strippers etc.
 
I live in one of the most liberal areas of one of the bluest states in the country, and tonight is literally the first time I've heard that the term "illegal" is somehow offensive. What's the PC term "transplanted hispanics"?

I live in CA and everyone says "illegals". I think they have that name because they are illegal. Dunno though.
 
🤣

I'm not mad at all. Why? Do I sound mad?

And yes, lots of KB homes which are now worth ****.

EDIT: I can't wait to be done with pharm school so I can get out of here lol

idk my bff jill, anyways, did you read my reply to your post? It's in page 3 but this thread skyrocket to page for like in 2 seconds.
 
I live in one of the most liberal areas of one of the bluest states in the country, and tonight is literally the first time I've heard that the term "illegal" is somehow offensive. What's the PC term "transplanted hispanics"?

It depends on the context in which you use the term. Look at OaklandGuy's rhethoric. That's not appropriate. '"illegal immigrants" are unfairly using our resources' is fine. 'Those "illegals" are ruining our hospitals and stealing things from real Americans' has a different vibe to it.
 
I live in one of the most liberal areas of one of the bluest states in the country, and tonight is literally the first time I've heard that the term "illegal" is somehow offensive. What's the PC term "transplanted hispanics"?

I think they just call them immigrants...or "illegal immigrants"....mexicans would suffice, I guess. I mean that IS their Nationality..

And to the above poster (forgive me for not providing quotes as I am on my phone), I agree that there are various groups of people everywhere, but AZ has it going on to the extreme...in an almost creepy way. Hard to understand until you live here.
 
Fair enough. Yes, it's prejudiced and it's said everywhere. I agree. I shouldn't have said it only happens in red states. It's even worse in parts of some blue states. However, the poster didn't seem aware that the term was racist.



Uh huh. I bet you've never used a stereotype in your life either.

I appreciate your realization of reality.

At the same time you stay away from stereotypes when your my race. As far as being racist you really can't afford to when your my race because if I say anything immediately someone throws the word terrorist at me.
 
Lololol since this thread is officially hijacked, I have to say your comment reminded me of the archie bunker show when he called his daughter's bf "meathead". Is meathead the equiv. to jarhead?


Jarhead = marines. Marines are pretty awesome.
 
I think they just call them immigrants...or "illegal immigrants"....mexicans would suffice, I guess. I mean that IS their Nationality..

And to the above poster (forgive me for not providing quotes as I am on my phone), I agree that there are various groups of people everywhere, but AZ has it going on to the extreme...in an almost creepy way. Hard to understand until you live here.

Oh great job on being a racist bitch. Yeah, LIKE every single Mexican is an illegal, right? Get a life you freaken loser.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh great job on being a racist bitch. Yeah, LIKE every single Mexican is an illegal, right? Get a life you freaken loser.

Not every illegal is Mexican, no. But we are talking about Mexican immigrants here. And for the record, I am latina- or "Mexican-American" as some would say. So knock it off with the name-calling and profanity.
 
To be honest, AZ is in a weird state of transition with everyone moving here like it is some sort of boom town. It in now way resembles anything I knew when I grew up. You have the liberals from Cali, the rising Mormon population, fundamentalist Christians, money hungry pseudo-upper middle class families driving their hummers to the grocery store and many, many immigrants.

BTW: On the UofA thread, one of the poster's was concerned that his supervisor would think he was looking at gay pornography because my avatar was showing on his computer. Could the boss be a mormon?
 
So do the fact that they aren't here legally. That has a VERY BAD connotation to it.

If the U.S. went to hell and you couldn't afford food or were being shot at everyday. If you're daughter was going to get raped by living in the country you lived in. Would you stay there? Or would you move somewhere where you are not a citizen but has a safer environment?
 
If the U.S. went to hell and you couldn't afford food or were being shot at everyday. If you're daughter was going to get raped by living in the country you lived in. Would you stay there? Or would you move somewhere where you are not a citizen but has a safer environment?

My god this is Mexico not Stalinist Russia. Get a grip, people.
 
Not every illegal is Mexican, no. But we are talking about Mexican immigrants here. And for the record, I am latina- or "Mexican-American" as some would say. So knock it off with the name-calling and profanity.

You know, people who cross the border from Mexico are always Mexican, right? They can extend from countries south of Mexico.
Also, bitch isn't profanity in my lingo book. So idk what you talking bout.
 
I think people should have the right to come here legally so we can forget all this nonsense. There should be an affordable, legitimate path for citizenship. With that said, the immigration debate might be solved. All this rounding up, building fences, deportation, etc is useless and costs far too much. Why not spend those dollars on a sensible immigration reform plan? Then of course, the issue of access to healthcare for immigrants would be solved, would it not?
 
I think people should have the right to come here legally so we can forget all this nonsense. There should be an affordable, legitimate path for citizenship. With that said, the immigration debate might be solved. All this rounding up, building fences, deportation, etc is useless and costs far too much. Why not spend those dollars on a sensible immigration reform plan? Then of course, the issue of access to healthcare for immigrants would be solved, would it not?

Well, some people don't want a super-competitive labor market, naturally.

Social programs that immigrants use take a lot of money. Several ERs in CA have just flat out closed.
 
My god this is Mexico not Stalinist Russia. Get a grip, people.

I was speaking about the arabs who have fled their countries to come here and are now being kicked out.

I am apathetic towards illegal immigrants from Mexico. I feel bad for them, but at the same time they do have a large affect on our economy and our jail system etc.
 
You know, people who cross the border from Mexico are always Mexican, right? They can extend from countries south of Mexico.
Also, bitch isn't profanity in my lingo book. So idk what you talking bout.

I think you misunderstood my intentions. You think "illegals" is derogatory but "bitch" is not? C'mon....if you wish to go on about this just PM me. K
 
I think people should have the right to come here legally so we can forget all this nonsense. There should be an affordable, legitimate path for citizenship. With that said, the immigration debate might be solved. All this rounding up, building fences, deportation, etc is useless and costs far too much. Why not spend those dollars on a sensible immigration reform plan? Then of course, the issue of access to healthcare for immigrants would be solved, would it not?

Tell me, how did your parents, g-parents, or g-g-parents or whatever get to this country? Was it legally?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sniff.. the pre-med side of me says No... and the public health side of me says Yes.


Sigh...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.