Help! Got 2 typos in my AMCAS application, what should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jack208

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized I made 2 typos in my AMCAS application.

1. I put the City of my current address (where my college is ) with the city of my permanent address (where my home is)

2. I had a typo in the "Experience Name" of one of my Experiences (activities), unfortunately it is also one of my significant activities.

Should I make the change and resubmit?
If I do, I have to recertify everything right? What's the impact?
If I don't change, how big a problem it could be?

I am so mad at myself. What should I do? Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

Withdraw your apps. PA is your only hope.

Seriously it won't matter. AMCAS might fix the city thing if you give them a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized I made 2 typos in my AMCAS application.

1. I put the City of my current address (where my college is ) with the city of my permanent address (where my home is)

2. I had a typo in the "Experience Name" of one of my Experiences (activities), unfortunately it is also one of my significant activities.

Should I make the change and resubmit?
If I do, I have to recertify everything right? What's the impact?
If I don't change, how big a problem it could be?

I am so mad at myself. What should I do? Please help.

You cannot make any changes of this sort to a submitted application nor can you withdraw your current application and reapply this cycle. What's done is done. Not much to be done about it at this point.

Page 74 of AMCAS Instruction Manual states that you can change your address after submission. Do that.

You can't change the experience name, and it really doesn't matter. Physicians are not known for their grammar and spelling prowess.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck explaining that at a possible interview in the future. Like others have said, the only realistic option remaining is a different career path. I'm sorry.

It's ok. Really. I accidentally called AMSA the American medical school association instead of the student association. You cannot change it. Just proof read your secondaries

Thanks everyone for applying, appreciated.

Page 74 of AMCAS Instruction Manual states that you can change your address after submission. Do that.

You can't change the experience name, and it really doesn't matter. Physicians are not known for their grammar and spelling prowess.

Thanks a lot! Appreciated.

Dude - relax. My interviewer read my statement like 10 times - I was annotated :0

I had over 4-5 English errors and they didn't care. I looked Chinese and I was an engineer. Of course I am going to forget some commas and my past present tense will never match - whatever. Neither if them cared.