1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

help me

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by sreshta, Apr 23, 2004.

1. sreshta

sreshta Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi,
    I am planning to appear for part 1 exam in July 2004 and started studying from yesterday. Is it sufficient if I study decks and previous papres only?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ann 03

Ann 03 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey shresta,
    dental decks and previous papers are amust need for the boards. but whether they r enough to get a good score really depends on ur knowledge of the basic sciences and DADH. brush up ur knowledge on the subjects frm textbooks also. u dont have go into a lot of details. just identify certain topics which u think needs some studying, and go through thm.read the part1 threads . they have some great information thr.
    i havent seen the kaplan book myself , but i have heard its good. check it out.

4. elementz

elementz Happiness and Sunshine:)
    7+ Year Member

Hi sreshta,
    hi! you can get more info regarding preparation for part 1 if you do a search through the forum...there are a few current threads for those of you taking up part1 in july and also for dec...
    you can get to exchange info with others in the same boat...
    check it out..
    are you planning to take CBT?
    don't worry things will work out fine.
    cheers,
    Elementz :D

5. Study 8-9 hrs everyday and take a break on sunday. That's what I did, I had only 3 months to prepare too.

6. toothmail

toothmail Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i studied for 2.5 months which was more than enough for part 1 which is very basic. check out previous threads on how to study for part 1 ndbe - u will find a lot of helpful tips on those threads. :luck:

7. sreshta

sreshta Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

thank you all for theh help .But itz kind of scary for me, the entire process of studying again.Is there any body in south carolina who is planning to attempt nbde in July. I am planning for paper based test.

8. Henna

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

If you have the will, then there's always a way. :)
    I admire your persistance. I am sure it'll be a lot easier for you this time, what took you 3wks to finish will take you less than a week now. Just remember to stay focused.
    Good Luck.

Henna

9. KAJALKIRAN

KAJALKIRAN Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey shreshta...this is not to brag...but i started for my part 1 last year (dated 14th july) somewhere in mid-late may and could easily do it to an 89..(though sometimes i feel i could have started earlier to farther than this score...)so you are so much ok and very normal! you dont even need to give this topic any more importance!
    part 1 is so much yuck to study and i feel its pretty tough for human beings to bear the studies for too long..so i guess anything less than 3 months would be a good time to start.
    all the best!:)

10. dentaldoc

dentaldoc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well said! :)

11. Athene

Athene 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

well done kajal..............and yes...its yuck...ask me ....... :laugh:

12. Athene

Athene 1K Member
    7+ Year Member