General Admissions & OTCAS Help Please!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scaredOThopefull

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am currently applying to OT schools and am petrified that I won't get in anywhere!!! I currently am an undergrad at a school known for its health sciences so my science part of my prereqs aren't fantastic (C+ in anatomy and physiology i and B- in II) I need to know what everyone thinks of my chances of getting in anywhere!! Anything will calm my nerves honestly at this point so close to a panic attack.
Stats:
Cumulative: 3.3
Prereq:3.1
GRE: 153V/142Q/3.5Writing

I am applying anywhere and everywhere I am from new york but am willing to go anywhere anyone have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I am currently applying to OT schools and am petrified that I won't get in anywhere!!! I currently am an undergrad at a school known for its health sciences so my science part of my prereqs aren't fantastic (C+ in anatomy and physiology i and B- in II) I need to know what everyone thinks of my chances of getting in anywhere!! Anything will calm my nerves honestly at this point so close to a panic attack.
Stats:

I am applying anywhere and everywhere I am from new york but am willing to go anywhere anyone have any suggestions?
I believe AIC in Mass and Husson in Maine have somewhat lower requirements. AIC just joined OTCAS this year, though. Do you have good work experience /volunteering, at least?

yes, I have been a figure skating instructor for the past 7 years and regularly teach special needs classes as well as having around 80/90 hours and i work in a chiropractors office as well

Members don't see this ad :)
My advice would be to apply to programs who are in step 2/3 of accreditation, but aren't fully accredited yet. Because of this, they definitely get less applicants so hopefully they will take more time to look at your whole application before tossing out your app for not making a certain numeric cut. They also would probably be fully accredited by the time you graduate from their program!

http://www.aota.org/Education-Careers/Find-School/Developing/OTD-Developing.aspx

http://www.aota.org/Education-Careers/Find-School/Developing/OTMasters-Developing.aspx

Hi!

Stats:

If you have to funds I would recommend retaking the GRE (if you are applying to schools that look at it) and volunteering in as many different areas of OT as you can. but I think you'll be fine. Did you see the post about the guy/gal that got into creighton with a Gpa of about 2.9? Have faith and just try to make your app as well rounded as possible. The pre-accred. School mentioned by Otwash is also a good idea but make sure it's a reputable school that will more than likely pass the accreditation process... GOOD LUCK!!