Help with Materials for the DAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentmike

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a pre-dent student current studying for the DAT and planning on taking it at the end of may.
I'm currently using or about to use:

Chad's Videos for Ochem and Gen Chem
Cliff and Feralis's Notes for Bio
DAT Bootcamp for everything
Crack DAT PAT (Considering this or DATqvault)
2016 Kaplan Blue Book (w/2 practice tests) (Just ordered)
DAT Destroyers (Everything except PAT)

I wanted to know if there were any good sources out there that could help better than these that you guys might have used.
What do you guys recommend/think about my materials?

Members don't see this ad.

Those should be more than enough to get you a solid score. I'm not sure if you even need Crack DAT PAT or the Kaplan blue book... let's see what the others have to say about those two materials (maybe these could give you an extra boost on the bio section). I didn't use either of them and I got a solid score so...

Reactions: 1 user
Those should be more than enough to get you a solid score. I'm not sure if you even need Crack DAT PAT or the Kaplan blue book... let's see what the others have to say about those two materials (maybe these could give you an extra boost on the bio section). I didn't use either of them and I got a solid score so...
I'm really trying to get a 21+ do you think these are adequate resources, of course if I use them all and study hard, to provide me with this score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Those are solid I wouldn't mess with the kaplan blue book though. also TopScore tests are pretty on point as far as difficulty for the sciences ONLY.

The DAT bootcamp PAT section was sufficient enough for me when I was studying. I think that DAT bootcamp provides a lot of practice for the PAT to fully prepare you for that section. I used the Kaplan blue book when I was studying. It helped a bit for a quick review. It's a pretty resource for when you start studying but I don't think it's necessary. Chad's videos and feralis's notes are the best for reviewing the sciences.

I used KBB, Destroyers, Crack DAT and Chad's and got a 22. You'll do fine.

I believe so, absolutely. Chad's videos is all you need to get a strong foundation in both gen chem and orgo, and use Destroyer and Bootcamp to "top it off" with tough problems. Difficult problems, yes, but they make you "think outside the box" and prepare you with whatever you see on the real DAT. So you got the two chem sections taken care of. For bio, Destroyer, Bootcamp, and as the above posters have mentioned, Feralis notes. I think Bootcamp is all you need for the PAT section, but many people say DAT Genius is also an excellent resource. For the reading section, reading scientific articles frequently will help you read and understand dense material faster. For the QR section, the problems in both Destroyers are sufficient practice.

Thank you guys for the input! I got a 22 AA/ 22 TS/ 23 PAT with using just DAT Bootcamp, Chad's Videos, some parts of the DAT Destroyers, Cliff Notes, and Feralis's Notes!