help with ranking these please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dadof2

Mayo Cardiology Fellow
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have received an invite to interview at the following:
University of Wisconsin
Mayo Rochester, Scottsdale and Jacksonville
UCI
UCD
USC
Cedars Sinai

I am planning on going into cards and practicing in Ca. So, if you would help me rank these programs in order of which will help me most I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

how about helping out a lost soul? What do you guys think?

my rank would be...

1. Mayo - Rochester
2. UC Davis
3. Cedars Sinai
4. Mayo - Scottsdale
5. Mayo - Jacksonville
6. USC
7. UCI

Members don't see this ad :)
mediocre said:
my rank would be...

1. Mayo - Rochester
2. UC Davis
3. Cedars Sinai
4. Mayo - Scottsdale
5. Mayo - Jacksonville
6. USC
7. UCI

thanks for the help! what about university of wisconsin? where would it fit in?

dadof2 said:
I have received an invite to interview at the following:
University of Wisconsin
Mayo Rochester, Scottsdale and Jacksonville
UCI
UCD
USC
Cedars Sinai

I am planning on going into cards and practicing in Ca. So, if you would help me rank these programs in order of which will help me most I would greatly appreciate it.

If you are planning on going into Cards in Ca:

1) Cedars Sinai
2) UCD
3) USC
4) UCI
5) ALL OTHERS..

While all the others are EXCELLENT programs, why live somewhere you don't want to??.. that said, just move to california, go to a program where they already have cards fellowships in place, and work your butt off and get accepted internally!!

mahylo said:
If you are planning on going into Cards in Ca:

1) Cedars Sinai
2) UCD
3) USC
4) UCI
5) ALL OTHERS..

While all the others are EXCELLENT programs, why live somewhere you don't want to??.. that said, just move to california, go to a program where they already have cards fellowships in place, and work your butt off and get accepted internally!!

thanks to those who replied. Since my last post I was offered an interview at UCLA. where does it fit in?

dadof2 said:
how about helping out a lost soul? What do you guys think?

How about going to the interviews and getting a feeling for the program and its residents before trying to create a ROL? I think you'll get alot more information about the programs and their strengths/weaknesses to be able to formulate your idea of where you'll personally fit that way.

Go where you feel like you fit in and will be happy. You'll get the same education everywhere.

dadof2 said:
thanks to those who replied. Since my last post I was offered an interview at UCLA. where does it fit in?
Well then first UCLA, second Mayo. The rest it does not matter.