Help with school list/WAMC - non trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tonicclonic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What happened with the MCAT?
You should apply to more DO schools.

MCAT did not go as well as I had hoped, obviously. That was the score I received on that administration of the exam and I own it. Prepped for it in free time outside of work and if I retook it I would have to prep the same way as before being that I do not have funds for a prep course which leaves me a little leary of retaking it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your story might pique the interest of schools. Your MCAT will keep you out of MD schools. Maybe a newer DO school might give you a shot. Urm Or any other status ?

If you want an MD, you need to retake the MCAT. But if you're boning for the MD, you need to approach this career-deciding, high stales exam more seriously. You don't take it until you're 100% ready.

You're fine for a lot of DO schools, except CCOM, the coastal Touros, and AZCOM. So, apply broadly. Skip LUCOM.

MCAT did not go as well as I had hoped, obviously. That was the score I received on that administration of the exam and I own it. Prepped for it in free time outside of work and if I retook it I would have to prep the same way as before being that I do not have funds for a prep course which leaves me a little leary of retaking it.

Not URM. Interviewed with UW this year for a slot in one of their WWAMI programs as I reside in a WWAMI state and am currently waitlisted for that program. Was a highschool drop out and emancipated from home as a young man, so my path through early adulthood and to medicine has been a little unconventional to say the least. Just looking to improve my application where I can for the next cycle. Thank you for you replies!

If you want an MD, you need to retake the MCAT. But if you're boning for the MD, you need to approach this career-deciding, high stales exam more seriously. You don't take it until you're 100% ready.

You're fine for a lot of DO schools, except CCOM, the coastal Touros, and AZCOM. So, apply broadly. Skip LUCOM.

Thank you so much for your feedback! @Goro