-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
HG/HP WW sign ups
Started by kaydubs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Gotcha!correct me as in "tell me if it was incorrect" not waffle.
Also re: Finn, apparently

After a trying day for one of the mods whom didn't even keep up with the thread beyond posting nonsense, the die were cast and the students decided html was to die. Seeing as she hasn't checked in to vote or even comment since yesterday, not a bad blood sacrifice. @finnickthedog aims a magnifying glass at her, burning her to a crisp.
Dead is @lhmhtd , the Moke, a lizard capable of shrinking at will so Muggles (and wolves) couldn't see her. She would have survived one kill attempt. Alas.
34 players. GAME ON. SEND YOUR PMs and chatter scatter.
Gryffindor
1. @hedgiehog
2. @LetItSnow
3. @Lupin21
4. @DVMDream
5. @Flim Flam Man
6. @heyyimhayley
7. @Devastating
8. @Kam325
9. @kcoughli
Ravenclaw
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @alohacat319
12. @SummerTheLynx
13. @Mad Jack
14. @WildZoo
15. @orca2011
16. @katashark
17. @Gwenevre
18. @finnickthedog
Slytherin
19. @BrownSwissCows
20. @Filly Bay
21. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
22. @Jamr0ckin
23. @guisantes
24. @hazelmoo
25. @StartingoverVet
27. @thedrjojo
Hufflepuff
28. @Cyndia
30. @morninqlory
31. @Teepster87
32. @genny
33. @Zensing
34. @WhtsThFrequency
35. @98cats
36. @Trilt
Night 2 deadline is 9 am Eastern
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So does that mean she wouldn't have been seerable ("couldn't see her")? Or just that that was the way she'd escape one kill attempt?
Either way ... meh. Down the road it would have led to an inevitable "that's a wolfy ability!" distraction. Between that and the non-participation, not a bad first day lynch if we couldn't luck out and snag a wolf.
Either way ... meh. Down the road it would have led to an inevitable "that's a wolfy ability!" distraction. Between that and the non-participation, not a bad first day lynch if we couldn't luck out and snag a wolf.
Questions from a noob:
1. Are the available abilities the same in each WW game?
2. Does every single player have an ability?
3. What does being silenced mean, and why was this suspicious?
4. How many wolves do we start the game with anyway?
I'm sorry for all the stupid questions - I tried to read a few other WW's but that didn't really help. I appreciate any answers 🙂
1. Are the available abilities the same in each WW game?
2. Does every single player have an ability?
3. What does being silenced mean, and why was this suspicious?
4. How many wolves do we start the game with anyway?
I'm sorry for all the stupid questions - I tried to read a few other WW's but that didn't really help. I appreciate any answers 🙂
Questions from a noob:
1. Are the available abilities the same in each WW game?
abilities vary each game, though some are almost always found... investigating, protecting.
2. Does every single player have an ability?
not always, but kaydubs implied in this game they do.
3. What does being silenced mean, and why was this suspicious?
silenced= can't post on thread. In the writeup it said that jilary fought back, so if someone was silenced because of that, they could have been the wolf. Still could be.
4. How many wolves do we start the game with anyway?
completely unknown. Anywhere from 1 to many more.
1. Are the available abilities the same in each WW game?
abilities vary each game, though some are almost always found... investigating, protecting.
2. Does every single player have an ability?
not always, but kaydubs implied in this game they do.
3. What does being silenced mean, and why was this suspicious?
silenced= can't post on thread. In the writeup it said that jilary fought back, so if someone was silenced because of that, they could have been the wolf. Still could be.
4. How many wolves do we start the game with anyway?
completely unknown. Anywhere from 1 to many more.
agreed. And we still have 2 more people to look into on the off chance this long shot pays off.S
Either way ... meh. Down the road it would have led to an inevitable "that's a wolfy ability!" distraction. Between that and the non-participation, not a bad first day lynch if we couldn't luck out and snag a wolf.
Questions from a noob:
1. Are the available abilities the same in each WW game?
2. Does every single player have an ability?
3. What does being silenced mean, and why was this suspicious?
4. How many wolves do we start the game with anyway?
1. No
2. No
3. The write up said Jilary spit acid at an attacker which suggested she may have injured whoever attacked her. Injuries often result in things like not being able to vote or being silenced for the day. That's why it was suspicious today.
4. We don't know. Although we can guess based on how many player there are total.
Questions from a noob:
1. Are the available abilities the same in each WW game?
2. Does every single player have an ability?
3. What does being silenced mean, and why was this suspicious?
4. How many wolves do we start the game with anyway?
1. No. Common roles are common (protector, seers (ability, role, alignment, or all three), assassin, blocker, silencer (grrrrrr), resurrector), but variations or creative roles show up too.
2. In this game, yes. Kaydubs said somewhere at the beginning that there were no vanillas. I think I remember that anyway.
3. Silenced usually means unable to post in the main thread. Sometimes can include PMs. Most commonly lasts one day/night cycle.
4. We don't know. Lately, the ratio has been stupid low ... like 1 wolf for every 4-5 villagers by the time conversions are done. Personally I think it should be MUCH harder for a wolf win, with a ratio around 1:7 or 1:8, because I feel the wolves should only win that often. But I think most people feel like the odds should be 50:50 for a wolf:villager win, so most mods have gone with a lower ratio than I like. Which is fine. It's personal choice.
SOV answered better than me. Listen to SOV.
2. In this game, yes. Kaydubs said somewhere at the beginning that there were no vanillas. I think I remember that anyway.
Did she really? I guess I missed that too.
on the how many wolves question...
i could see this being a conversion heavy game... voldemort is the only wolf and recruits a bunch of people who become death eaters. Those are particularly hard games to play..
and I can really see WTF as the perfect Voldemort. I mean, she already has the snake, right? And she probably speaks parseltongue to them.
i could see this being a conversion heavy game... voldemort is the only wolf and recruits a bunch of people who become death eaters. Those are particularly hard games to play..
and I can really see WTF as the perfect Voldemort. I mean, she already has the snake, right? And she probably speaks parseltongue to them.
You guys are awesome. Major gratitude [emoji106][emoji173]️
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
and if we have to kill voldemort many times, I am going to be annoyed, but not surprised.on the how many wolves question...
i could see this being a conversion heavy game... voldemort is the only wolf and recruits a bunch of people who become death eaters. Those are particularly hard games to play..
and I can really see WTF as the perfect Voldemort. I mean, she already has the snake, right? And she probably speaks parseltongue to them.
I get nervous when SOV and I agree too much, but I agree regarding conversion-heavy. Though I can't recall how Kaydubs and Dyachei really feel about conversions.
Here was the post that made me think everyone got a role. Doesn't necessarily mean an ability, but I'm interpreting it as meaning everyone got a role + ability.
To show how sorry I am for being MIA - everyone gets a hot piping roll. No vanillas here.![]()
on the how many wolves question...
i could see this being a conversion heavy game... voldemort is the only wolf and recruits a bunch of people who become death eaters. Those are particularly hard games to play..
and I can really see WTF as the perfect Voldemort. I mean, she already has the snake, right? And she probably speaks parseltongue to them.
As epic as that would be, no.
Sorry I was MIA, having some family issues. Should be back in play soonish.
. Down the road it would have led to an inevitable "that's a wolfy ability!" distraction. Between that and the non-participation, not a bad first day lynch if we couldn't luck out and snag a wolf.
How is avoiding a wolf kill attempt a "wolfy ability"???
Maybe we are just reading the mod post differently, but I am picking it up as she could avoid a kill attempt not a lynch attempt, since clearly we lynched her just fine.
I guess I am not sure about the seering part, took that as that is how she was able to survive a kill.
Overall, I agree, not a "horrible" loss for a first day lynch.
And are conversion days known by the wolves at the beginning of the game, or do the mods casually announce it to them one night?
Can every wolf convert another wolf if conversions are in play?
Can every wolf convert another wolf if conversions are in play?
How is avoiding a wolf kill attempt a "wolfy ability"???
Maybe we are just reading the mod post differently, but I am picking it up as she could avoid a kill attempt not a lynch attempt, since clearly we lynched her just fine.
I guess I am not sure about the seering part, took that as that is how she was able to survive a kill.
Overall, I agree, not a "horrible" loss for a first day lynch.
Yeah, I didn't really word that well. In my post, I first asked if people thought the hiding was a 'unseerable' thing, or if it was just the mechanism by which she would have avoided being killed. When I wrote the bit about wolfy ability, in my head I was thinking 'unseerable', which most people would interpret as wolfy.
I agree that avoiding a nighttime kill attempt is villager>>wolf (though as chaos I've had that ability before).
And are conversion days known by the wolves at the beginning of the game, or do the mods casually announce it to them one night?
Can every wolf convert another wolf if conversions are in play?
Depends on the game. Sometimes wolves are told they get # conversions. Sometimes the conversions are associated with a particular wolf as part of their role. Sometimes (usually) the wolves have to pick between converting or killing (i.e. they most often can't kill AND convert, though it isn't always true). Sometimes there are auto-converting roles (i.e. roles that are destined to convert at some point, or have a % chance every night, or ....).
Bottom line is that it is highly variable. I think the most common implementation would be the wolves getting # conversions (or a particular wolf having # conversions) and that they can either convert OR kill but not both.
Depends on the game. Sometimes wolves are told they get # conversions. Sometimes the conversions are associated with a particular wolf as part of their role. Sometimes (usually) the wolves have to pick between converting or killing (i.e. they most often can't kill AND convert, though it isn't always true). Sometimes there are auto-converting roles (i.e. roles that are destined to convert at some point, or have a % chance every night, or ....).
Bottom line is that it is highly variable. I think the most common implementation would be the wolves getting # conversions (or a particular wolf having # conversions) and that they can either convert OR kill but not both.
Awesome, thanks. And regarding your reply to DVMD, are there certain abilities that are usually wolf vs villager?
This is my last question for a while 😉 If you are going to play, you might as well make an effort to play it right
Yeah, I didn't really word that well. In my post, I first asked if people thought the hiding was a 'unseerable' thing, or if it was just the mechanism by which she would have avoided being killed. When I wrote the bit about wolfy ability, in my head I was thinking 'unseerable', which most people would interpret as wolfy.
I agree that avoiding a nighttime kill attempt is villager>>wolf (though as chaos I've had that ability before).
Yeah, as I was reading through and responding I was like... "oh I think he means the seering thing not the killing thing"... so was kind of doing the same thing as you were in my response.

Awesome, thanks. And regarding your reply to DVMD, are there certain abilities that are usually wolf vs villager?
Yes and No...
Some common role abilities are:
1. Seer: This is a very good villager ability, we do need this person. However, there is commonly (though not always) a seer for the wolves too or also referred to as a "wolf seer". This person can find out information on players such as affiliation, ability, and/or role name. Chaos can also have this ability.
2. Protector: I would say greater than 80% of the time this person is a villager. Occasionally you can have a wolf or a chaos player with this ability.
3. Tracker: This is typically a villager ability. I don't recall ever seeing a tracker as a wolf, but it could happen.
4. Blocker: This role prevents people from performing their action at night. This person can be wolf or villager with typically having a blocker amongst both the wolves and the villagers
5. Resurrector: This player can bring someone back from the dead. Can be wolf or villager. Whether or not the player that they bring back comes back as villager or wolf really just depends upon game mechanics.
I am sure I am missing some other "common" things, but those are the most common roles. Chaos players can really have an ability and many times multiple abilities.
We need a classic Mason role...Yes and No...
Some common role abilities are:
1. Seer: This is a very good villager ability, we do need this person. However, there is commonly (though not always) a seer for the wolves too or also referred to as a "wolf seer". This person can find out information on players such as affiliation, ability, and/or role name. Chaos can also have this ability.
2. Protector: I would say greater than 80% of the time this person is a villager. Occasionally you can have a wolf or a chaos player with this ability.
3. Tracker: This is typically a villager ability. I don't recall ever seeing a tracker as a wolf, but it could happen.
4. Blocker: This role prevents people from performing their action at night. This person can be wolf or villager with typically having a blocker amongst both the wolves and the villagers
5. Resurrector: This player can bring someone back from the dead. Can be wolf or villager. Whether or not the player that they bring back comes back as villager or wolf really just depends upon game mechanics.
I am sure I am missing some other "common" things, but those are the most common roles. Chaos players can really have an ability and many times multiple abilities.
Wolf seer sometimes are tracker like role, since that's what's most valuable.
Assassins are typically a villager with a kill ability, often one time or very limited. Can sometimes be a component of a chaos role
We need a classic Mason role...
Wolf seer sometimes are tracker like role, since that's what's most valuable.
Assassins are typically a villager with a kill ability, often one time or very limited. Can sometimes be a component of a chaos role
Not sure the mason role is all that common. I'd actually have to look it up again.
I dunno if I've ever played a game with it in it... That's gone the way of the dodo... The Butt hurt of not being able to role reveal!Not sure the mason role is all that common. I'd actually have to look it up again.
****
Guyz look
****
Guyz look
****
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*********************contingency lynch SOV and LIS*************************** I am befuddled by this level of agreement occurring thus far....
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
What exactly is a mason?I dunno if I've ever played a game with it in it... That's gone the way of the dodo... The Butt hurt of not being able to role reveal!
Other masons know who other masons are, they are all villagers, but can't reveal that they or others are masons.What exactly is a mason?
So a silenced person is told they are silenced over PM in assuming?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hmm, I'd never heard of that role until now. I was gonna compare this to the sloths in last game, but oh yeah, they had to find each other, one was a wolf, and all could reveal...Other masons know who other masons are, they are all villagers, but can't reveal that they or others are masons.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Don't think it has shown up in a game in a long time. At least not that I can recall in the last two years.Hmm, I'd never heard of that role until now. I was gonna compare this to the sloths in last game, but oh yeah, they had to find each other, one was a wolf, and all could reveal...
I love all the game discussion. Thanks veterans for educating the noobs as I hoped you would!!


Have a decent amount of PMs but still waiting....
I always think about adding it, but never actually go through with it. It can be really harmful to wolves if they get a bit unluckyDon't think it has shown up in a game in a long time. At least not that I can recall in the last two years.
In IRL WW I find the tanner role really amusing and had kind of wanted to drop it in my last game. At the time I couldn't figure out a good way to put it in without risking the game suddenly ending like D3, though.
....
****Lynch people who send their actions in the morning**** 😛
....
****Lynch people who send their actions in the morning**** 😛
I always think about adding it, but never actually go through with it. It can be really harmful to wolves if they get a bit unlucky
How so? Is it because if the wolves happen to convert a mason, the other masons would know that person was converted?
Alternatively, the masons are all guaranteed villagers, so they spend their seering/blocking items among other players and share results. Not quite as efficient as wolves at filling out a spreadsheet, but I bet it could still happen quickly.How so? Is it because if the wolves happen to convert a mason, the other masons would know that person was converted?
Night closed results pending
Tanner?In IRL WW I find the tanner role really amusing and had kind of wanted to drop it in my last game. At the time I couldn't figure out a good way to put it in without risking the game suddenly ending like D3, though.
....
****Lynch people who send their actions in the morning**** 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Needs to get himself killed in order to win lolTanner?
************
But obvs that works best for the very quick, short games where the investment you lose by the tanner winning isn't nearly as big as a long SDN one.
Hates his life and wants to die, only wins if he's killed. Card can be played in a neutralish way (wins with others) or him dying totally ends the game and only he wins. The latter is fun, because if you know there's the potential for a tanner in game and someone seems to be acting perhaps a little over the top suspicious, it throws the little niggle into discussion that they may not be wolfy, they may be a tanner who is hoping to get his butt lynched.Tanner?
But obvs that works best for the very quick, short games where the investment you lose by the tanner winning isn't nearly as big as a long SDN one.
Yeah lol, I feel like SDN people would murder the mod that had a game end by a tanner.************
Hates his life and wants to die, only wins if he's killed. Card can be played in a neutralish way (wins with others) or him dying totally ends the game and only he wins. The latter is fun, because if you know there's the potential for a tanner in game and someone seems to be acting perhaps a little over the top suspicious, it throws the little niggle into discussion that they may not be wolfy, they may be a tanner who is hoping to get his butt lynched.
But obvs that works best for the very quick, short games where the investment you lose by the tanner winning isn't nearly as big as a long SDN one.
On results: I'm waiting for a couple things (clarifications) and now must drive to work. Be patient. Most of you have gotten night results by PM. Please remember not to talk about them until results are posted.
And then there is the flim flam man role, where you are a lightly powered villager who no one believes is a villager, mid point thru the game tranforms into a dumpster fire, and then gets lynched.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 180
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 7K