HG/HP WW sign ups

Started by kaydubs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Harry Potter vs. Hunger Games vs. Don't know/care

  • The Boy Who Lived

    Votes: 23 67.6%
  • The Odds are Never in Our Favor

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Don't know/care

    Votes: 4 11.8%

  • Total voters
    34
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess I'll give it another hour, if there's no movement I'll post the full version.
A legendary wizard, you have dedicated your life to observing and documenting the habits of magical creatures around the world. You can attempt to [redacted] any player on any given night and can [redacted] every 6th night. You cannot [redacted].
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
****************************************************************
tumblr_o2v8pcndxH1r8ux0lo1_1280.png

****************************************************************
 
:yeahright: There are a lot of legendary wizards, Dumbledore.
I legit giggled at this.

No but really guys, are we lynching WZ? I would hate to let her sneak past us as a wolf, but I am having 2nd thoughts about the role claim...

Aloha still feels off to me with the supposed Polyjuice Potion (and no one else having seen or used this).

I am off to a movie here shortly so won't be able to waffle unless it happens nowish.
 
I legit giggled at this.

No but really guys, are we lynching WZ? I would hate to let her sneak past us as a wolf, but I am having 2nd thoughts about the role claim...

Aloha still feels off to me with the supposed Polyjuice Potion (and no one else having seen or used this).

I am off to a movie here shortly so won't be able to waffle unless it happens nowish.
I'm biased, but I don't see a reason to hold onto a vote you don't believe in (or feel iffy about, idk) just because there's currently a huge bandwagon on me. We still haven't seen anyone else verify the existence of the polyjuice potion, and it's Day 5. One player has claimed to use an item in the last 5 nights, and there's a good chance that a seer died because whoever used this supposed item on her found out her ability. And aloha is also a Ravenclaw, so she very well could be the wolf in our group.

But again, I'm biased, so take that as you will.
 
I'm biased, but I don't see a reason to hold onto a vote you don't believe in (or feel iffy about, idk) just because there's currently a huge bandwagon on me. We still haven't seen anyone else verify the existence of the polyjuice potion, and it's Day 5. One player has claimed to use an item in the last 5 nights, and there's a good chance that a seer died because whoever used this supposed item on her found out her ability. And aloha is also a Ravenclaw, so she very well could be the wolf in our group.

But again, I'm biased, so take that as you will.
Fair enough point.

###Unlynch wz###
###Lynch aloha###

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile
 
I'm biased, but I don't see a reason to hold onto a vote you don't believe in (or feel iffy about, idk) just because there's currently a huge bandwagon on me. We still haven't seen anyone else verify the existence of the polyjuice potion, and it's Day 5. One player has claimed to use an item in the last 5 nights, and there's a good chance that a seer died because whoever used this supposed item on her found out her ability. And aloha is also a Ravenclaw, so she very well could be the wolf in our group.

But again, I'm biased, so take that as you will.

Say what you will about the polyjuice potion, but that's not right to say I'm the only one to have an item. I had chocolate frogs last night, and Rojo had one when he died which was verified by someone who was not me.

••••lynch WZ••••
 
Say what you will about the polyjuice potion, but that's not right to say I'm the only one to have an item. I had chocolate frogs last night, and Rojo had one when he died which was verified by someone who was not me.

••••lynch WZ••••
I'm talking about that particular item, not items in general.
 
It just seems awfully convenient that PBC apparently said she role revealed to you and then shortly after ended up silenced and killed. I guess she could have talked to Aloha, too, though.

Aloha also feels sketchy tbh, so I'm okay putting a little pressure on her and seeing what we get. In any case a 1/3 shot seems pretty solid no matter where we end up. MJ's a possibility but a troll just doesn't feel like a bad enough baddie to me. (With that said, I've literally never read him correctly, so take that with a troll sized grain of salt...)

unlynch WZ, lynch Aloha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had the thought the items may be one time use but we know the identity stealing was used at least twice. So either
1) Items aren't one time use, nobody else besides aloha has had the potion, and therefore it's not an item
or
2) Items are one time use, but somehow the potion was used twice, so...again, not an item

There is the possibility that it's just that nobody is admitting to using it but I don't see why that would be the case unless a wolf has had it for 3 of the 4 nights.
 
Here is the thing with the items. No one seems to be admitting to getting them more than once. Jojo had the beans, anyone else? aloha says she had the frogs, any one else? Why is no one admitting to having them if they did? No reason to in my mind. Very interesting product dispersement.
Nobody has owned up to any items beyond me and Jojo.

Do items die with people? Or do they go back into play the next night? I've never been a mod so idk how it works?
 
I had the thought the items may be one time use but we know the identity stealing was used at least twice. So either
1) Items aren't one time use, nobody else besides aloha has had the potion, and therefore it's not an item
or
2) Items are one time use, but somehow the potion was used twice, so...again, not an item

There is the possibility that it's just that nobody is admitting to using it but I don't see why that would be the case unless a wolf has had it for 3 of the 4 nights.
No reason that it wasn't an ability that was the cause behind BSC as well, not the polyjuice.
 
I had the thought the items may be one time use but we know the identity stealing was used at least twice. So either
1) Items aren't one time use, nobody else besides aloha has had the potion, and therefore it's not an item
or
2) Items are one time use, but somehow the potion was used twice, so...again, not an item

There is the possibility that it's just that nobody is admitting to using it but I don't see why that would be the case unless a wolf has had it for 3 of the 4 nights.

Or maybe there is a role that does role stealing and the item???

I dunno.

Kind of torn between you and aloha currently.
 
It would have been an ability that worked exactly the same as how aloha said the polyjuice worked if I'm remembering correctly
I think the thought here is that Aloha would have made up the polyjuice potion to cover her ability (because role stealing = sketch). It'd be really bold to do considering we'd all start questioning exactly what we're questioning now ("Why hasn't anyone else had the potion?") so I'm a little hesitant to jump on that theory. Still think it's worth pushing on Aloha a bit considering we have some info on you vs. none from her.
 
I mean we've also had a ton of deaths. It's plausible that items went out to people who died that night. Happened with literally every person who got one of Lupins' items in the last game.
That's what I'm thinking. Of course nobody is going to own up to having it before me because it was used on BSC. Unless anyone can prove the theory wrong by having had Rojos item since death? Especially with people being silenced before they died, I think I'm just having terrible luck that nobody can verify this for me.
 
That's what I'm thinking. Of course nobody is going to own up to having it before me because it was used on BSC. Unless anyone can prove the theory wrong by having had Rojos item since death? Especially with people being silenced before they died, I think I'm just having terrible luck that nobody can verify this for me.
But no one has had the frogs either. What did they do?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But no one has had the frogs either. What did they do?

You received the following:

Chocolate Frog - Wrapped in a pretty pentagon-shaped box with a tag that reads, "Love, Hagrid." One the one hand, chocolate frogs make you feel more powerful, like how Lupin gave Harry some chocolate after meeting a dementor to make him feel better. On the other hand, you might just feel like you've got a belly full of frogs.
 
Since it's been an hour and I'm fairly certain I'm still in the lead:

A legendary wizard, you have dedicated your life to observing and documenting the habits of magical creatures around the world. You can attempt to research any player on any given night and can publish your findings every 6th night. You cannot discuss your unpublished data due to your contract with Obscurus Books.
 
Or there is a wolf who can steal items. Add some stolen items with a few randomly landing on wolves to begin with and you could explain why they haven't shown up much.

I would still think the original player who received the item would have been informed of receiving said item and informed of it being stolen. So we should still have someone saying, "yup, I have seen that but it was stolen"....

I could see the wolves just getting all of the items though and sitting there laughing their asses off at us right now.
 
I think the thought here is that Aloha would have made up the polyjuice potion to cover her ability (because role stealing = sketch). It'd be really bold to do considering we'd all start questioning exactly what we're questioning now ("Why hasn't anyone else had the potion?") so I'm a little hesitant to jump on that theory. Still think it's worth pushing on Aloha a bit considering we have some info on you vs. none from her.
Her hand was forced since finn outed the stealing first. Maybe she thought claiming it was an item would buy her some time and let her continue to use her ability.
What night is tonight?
5 I think?
 
Her hand was forced since finn outed the stealing first. Maybe she thought claiming it was an item would buy her some time and let her continue to use her ability.

5 I think?

Nobody's ability or identity has been stolen since though. My ability is a defensive ability, not stealing identities.
 
I have to drive to physics now, so I'll be gone until close to lynch ending.

Don't lynch me. Seer me tonight. I'm 100% village.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You received this item.
Happee Birthdae Harry!
"A homemade cake with pink icing and the words "Happee Birthdae Harry" written on the top in green icing poorly wrapped in a cardboard box that may have been sat upon a little. Don't worry. the cake will still taste the same. You try a slice and feel happy, very happy. So happy, you just can't stop singing and have to post in song lyrics for the next day cycle."

This took me far too long...