HI-just introducing myself

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meihee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
Just thought I would say hello. MY name is Julie and I am planning on applying to Pharmacy school for fall 2005. I am currently finishing up my degree in chemistry-hope that helps me!! Any advice you have for me is very welcomed. I've glanced through almost all of the old threads in this section already!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I have one: apply to UCSF. :D

hi julie welcome..and good luck tell us about yourself? where you from? where youplanning on applying to (as far as what coast or in the middle) most people on here are from cali i've noticed.. how bout you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I am not from California and I don't plan on living there or going to school there :p I have pet hedgehogs and they are very illegal in California anyway LOL. I am from NY (not the city) and I plan on staying on the east coast for now. I am not sure where I am going to apply yet. I haven't finished doing all of my research yet. I will probably apply to Albany just becuase it is kind of close but I haven't decided where else yet.

Woah I must be ahead of the game !! maybe I should slow down a little bit.

Even though I' m not applying until '05 myself, I already know where I am going to apply,I have potential recommenders and I am writting my personal statement this December.

I am glad I have a clone out there :)

Originally posted by TCB
Even though I' m not applying until '05 myself, I already know where I am going to apply, I have potential recommenders and I am writting my personal statement this December.

Hey TCB,

I'm applying '05 also. How do you find out what the personal statement prompts are for the schools? Did you go to the pharmcas application online? Thanks in advance.

~Cyclopropane

Guys and girls..

lets think this over a bit.

Applying for '05 and you want letters of rec and a personal statement now?

I understand that it's great to be prepared and all, but you might want to wait a little while, like a year, before you do these things. Everything is dated. Do you think they want letters of rec from 2 years ago? Don't you think that you might have some important stuff to add to your personal statement in the next two years (your entire undergrad, for some of you)? Isn't it totally possible that EVERYTHING regarding admissions will change in within the next few years? (i.e. Who knew about pharmcas 2 years ago? I didn't) Don't give yourself an ulcer thinking about these things two years ahead of time. Worry about getting good grades, preparing for the pcat, participating on campus, and looking into potential pharmacy schools. That is what's going to make your app. Not a one-page personal statement with perfect grammar, but a GPA, leadership roles, work experience and possibly PCATs. Just some food for thought.

:thumbup:

Well jdpharmd thanks for your advice, but I never said that I wanted letters of recommendation now, since I am not applying for this cycle. However, I certainly have to make connections for my LORs now, that way my recommenders will have plenny of time to know me better .
As for my personal statement, I will write it in December. That way I can edit it whenever I feel like it. I am not going to worry about all this stufff three months before schools deadlines, no way jose.

Oh yeah my personal statement won't even be one page long and I am taking care of everything else too.

"Hey TCB,

I'm applying '05 also. How do you find out what the personal statement prompts are for the schools? Did you go to the pharmcas application online? Thanks in advance.

~Cyclopropane"

Cyclopropane I don't understand your question. But for what is worth, I go directly to the source , meaning schools where I will be applying to.
Maybe Cozmosis or somebody else who is applying for this cycle can help you in that matter.

Sorry !!!

Originally posted by jdpharmd?
Guys and girls..

lets think this over a bit.

Applying for '05 and you want letters of rec and a personal statement now?

.....Don't give yourself an ulcer thinking about these things two years ahead of time. Worry about getting good grades, preparing for the pcat, participating on campus, and looking into potential pharmacy schools. That is what's going to make your app. Not a one-page personal statement with perfect grammar, but a GPA, leadership roles, work experience and possibly PCATs. Just some food for thought.

:thumbup:

Jdpharmd? - You're that practical voice in my head ;)

TCB - well..I was wondering if there was a general essay prompt since it seems as though you are writing only one major personal essay. but yes, going 'directly to the source' sounds like the best thing to do.

WEll, I'm not really concerning myself with being "ahead" nor do I feel that I am behind. I have written a basic,generic personal statement that will be revised and I know who I will ask for letters of recommendations but won't do that until it's important. Besides, at this point I don't have the time to do much of that.

I do look forward to learning a lot here and talk to some people who have done this before and not just see who is ahead of who, and why you are better than the next person.

Originally posted by TCB
Woah I must be ahead of the game !! maybe I should slow down a little bit.

Even though I' m not applying until '05 myself, I already know where I am going to apply,I have potential recommenders and I am writting my personal statement this December.

dam, that's way too early. anyway, you go girl!!!!. Early this past winter, I decided to pursue pharmacy and applied to pharmacy school in a matter of 1 week. I almost had sex with one of my professors so that she could write me a recommendation letter really fast.