High GPA, Low DAT: WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gelsomina1

Reaction score
Date of submission: August 16, 2021
Overall GPA: 3.96
Science GPA: 3.8
DAT score (include AA and all sections): Took the DAT twice. First attempt: 18AA, 22 RC, 20 GC, 16 BIO, 15 QR, 19 OC, 18 PAT. Second attempt: 19AA, 20 RC, 18 GC, 20 BIO, 17 QR, 19 OC, 17 PAT
State of Residence: I am a US citizen but I lived abroad my entire life, so technically I don't have a State of Residence. However I am born in Michigan and attend undergrad in Michigan

Major: Biology
Minor: Chemistry
Minority? Yes - First Gen Arab, escaped war from Syria.
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 1000 hours of shadowing done in Syria, Italy, an Orthodontists office in Michigan and a General Dentists Office in Michigan.
Volunteering Experience: 1000+. I am a certified member of the Italian Red Cross and volunteered during COVID. Moreover, I volunteered in Syria to provide dental care to refugees near the Syrian Lebanese borders. It is here that I used the dental care education program I had pioneered for my internship at the president's office for one of the largest NGO's, the International Rescue Committee. I volunteer with GSF, an organization that provides cleft lip care to refugees globally.
Employment: Student Ambassador, TA for biology, physics, and chemistry.
Research: One research published in the Michigan Academician on the presence of microplastics in tap water.
Other Extracurriculars: Fluent in three languages (Italian, English and Arabic) + can speak French. More internships done throughout my undergrad
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's list + S-STEM scholar
LOR type and strength: 4 LOR's, very strong.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Graduating a semester early and will be moving to Spain to become fluent in Spanish.

School list:
UDM, UoP, BU, Tufts, NYU, UCLA, UCSF, Stony Brooke, UIC, Tuoro, LECOM, Rutgers, Temple, UMich.

I know some of these schools are a reach. I am just worried because for UDM and Lecom, I submitted in June and have sent them my updated DAT score but have not heard back for any interviews. No school has contacted me yet. Do I have a chance or did I waste time?

Members don't see this ad.