Hopkins Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tedrik

mifune
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the jhu secondary there is a section where you give a list of 12 activities and the amount of time you were in them. The AMCAS gave room to give descriptions, so it seems like if I just restate what was on my first application, then it will not only be redundant, but useless.

Does anyone know if they want you to show them 12 new things and, in this case, that they don't expect everyone to be able to fill up all of them?

thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think that it is 12 new activities.

Hopkins was non-AMCAS years previous. They may not have changed their secondaries to reflect the integration with AMCAS. I recommend restating it and go with the flow. If you have questions, then contact the Office of Admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is exactly meant by "Senior Faculty Member" in the LOR section? I want to put down an Assistant Professor and a non-departmental Program Director.

I assume that "Senior Faculty" refers to someone with tenure. However, I'm sure that it's fine - as long as you have good letters.

How did everyone deal w/ the "Please do not use hard returns." instruction for each essay? My essays all have multiple paragraphs, so I'm pretty much ignoring it.

microTAS said:
How did everyone deal w/ the "Please do not use hard returns." instruction for each essay? My essays all have multiple paragraphs, so I'm pretty much ignoring it.
I just submitted mine yesterday and I think that you will be okay using the hard returns. When you are about to submit your app, you can review it as a pdf. I actually wrote everything in Word, then manually typed it back into the application boxes (which was a waste of time!). I would suggest that you just copy and paste everything and then review the final pdf draft closely for formatting errors.

good luck!

tedrik said:
I would suggest that you just copy and paste everything and then review the final pdf draft closely for formatting errors.

good luck!

i agree.