Hopkins Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PGL

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter telling me where i stand in the waitlist....and i am in the middle portion~ sigh...this is like telling me i'm waitlisted again...does anyone know whether it's possible for middle-tier waitlisters to get off the waitlist? any input is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say possible, but not likely, judging from the posts from last year. I'm still waiting to get my letter, so I may be in the same boat...we'll see. It does seem like the middle portion is a soft rejection, but Hopkins does have a lot of waitlist movement, so I wouldn't rule anything out, especially if you really want to go there and have a lot of patience.

Are they ranking their wait list now? so we should be expecting a letter from them on the tier level?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that you ended up on the middle tier, PGL. I hope that you've been admitted to another school where you will be happy.

Unfortunately, unless a waitlisted applicant is in the upper tier, their chances of making it off the list are very small.

Does anyone know how many people are in the upper tier, and how many get accepted off the waitlist? Thanks. :)

not sure about the tiers, but i think i do remember dean white saying that nearly 50 came off the waitlist last year. i'm not 100% positive on that number though (seems a little high to me). my memory plays games sometimes.

90 in the upper portion and another 90 in the middle..... 48 got off the alternate list last year. Historically 30-40 got off. Hope this helps.

I posted this on the overall waitlist movement thread, but I may as well post on here too. I got the call from Dean White today, so the waitlist is starting to move. :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

YAY, Dr. Cooch! Congrats on your acceptance - will we see you in Baltimore next Fall?