how are NBME's scored?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

caffeine52

Is the score out of 800? How much is each question worth?

Members don't see this ad.

Is the score out of 800? How much is each question worth?
How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

The world may never know!

Just kidding, no one is really sure how it is scored and what items are included vs. not and how it is scaled.

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

The world may never know!

Just kidding, no one is really sure how it is scored and what items are included vs. not and how it is scaled.

For absolutely no reason whatsoever, I look at it as 185/300 is a pass (61.6%), so every question you get right is approximately another 2 points. If you get 70% right, you get a 210. That's assuming a max of 300 and a minimum of 0.

Again, there's no information to back this up. It's just what I tell myself, maybe to make myself think that I can get 10 more right and get to my goal. Je ne sais pas.

Keg how did u arrive at your formula??
It is an interesting one. Cos I have a friend who scored 400(192) on the NBME and he later had acess to an illegal downloaded question with answers and he scored around 65%. .65x300 is 195. Very close. So those that score 270 get 90% right. wow

Keg how did u arrive at your formula??
It is an interesting one. Cos I have a friend who scored 400(192) on the NBME and he later had acess to an illegal downloaded question with answers and he scored around 65%. .65x300 is 195. Very close. So those that score 270 get 90% right. wow

Staring at the FA score distribution page while trying to not study anything relevant.