how late for child fellowship applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dassie

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying for the child & adolescent fellowship this year - or, I guess, more accurately, right now. Pretty much all of my application is complete except I'm still waiting for 2 of my LORs... Is it better to submit an incomplete application now/ASAP or should I wait another week or two for my LORs to come in? Does it make a difference at all? The only point of comparison I have is residency applications and I've been told that it's much more relaxed applying for psych fellowships, even if you're applying to competitive places.
 
I'm applying for the child & adolescent fellowship this year - or, I guess, more accurately, right now. Pretty much all of my application is complete except I'm still waiting for 2 of my LORs... Is it better to submit an incomplete application now/ASAP or should I wait another week or two for my LORs to come in? Does it make a difference at all? The only point of comparison I have is residency applications and I've been told that it's much more relaxed applying for psych fellowships, even if you're applying to competitive places.

I would submit. My program would interview even before all LOR’s were received. There are more spots than applicants, so you are in high demand.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would submit. My program would interview even before all LOR’s were received. There are more spots than applicants, so you are in high demand.

Thanks! Do I need to email programs when they are finally uploaded or do they just download auromantically thru the interview season ?
 
I have the same question. I guess, this is something that PD needs to do along with LOR. I cannot see in Myeras if he did it or not. Any idea?