How likely am I to get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyxika

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's my chance of getting into pharmacy school? According to PharmCAS, my science GPA is 3.52 and the cumulative is 3.76. I'm also a biology major, minor in chemistry, and will be graduating in May, so my GPA includes courses not required for pharmacy school. I took the PCAT in October and I scored a composite of 60. I'm an active member of the pre-pharmacy society at my university, a secretary of another club, and a treasurer of a youth group outside of college. I only shadowed a retail pharmacist for 5 hours. I only applied to one school due to financial reasons, and I have an interview for that on Friday. I don't have the best interview skills, never had to do one before. How likely am I to get in if I don't do as well as everyone else does?

Also, the university changed the interview format to MMI this year. Any tips?

Edit: More info on the school - their minimum GPA for consideration is 2.5 and the minimum for the PCAT is a 30th. Their students for Fall 2017 had an average GPA of 3.35 and the average PCAT was at the 54th percentile.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you'll be fine. Your GPA is competitive and I think your personal essay/interview will make up for the PCAT if those are good. Don't be too nervous for the interview. Just know why you want to be in pharmacy and give them a good reason to accept you.
I did an MMI and it's not that bad. They give you a few minutes to answer but you don't have to take up the whole time if you don't want to. If you finish earlier you can usually just ask your interviewer questions if you have any. :) good luck!

I think it depends on the schools that you apply to, so research the schools, especially their admission statistics. If you're unsure, you should contact their admission office and ask questions. I know an applicant who got accepted in a Top 20 school with a 2.8 GPA and 62% PCAT. She must have had a great interview and good recommendations though. Good luck!