How long did it take for Chads Videos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ORamahiii

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know i keep asking a lot of questions but I was curious how long it took people to get through Chads videos? I feel like its taking me forever to get through all of chem, ochem, and QR. But im hearing people finish all 3 sections in like a week.

How long did it take you to watch all the videos?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I know i keep asking a lot of questions but I was curious how long it took people to get through Chads videos? I feel like its taking me forever to get through all of chem, ochem, and QR. But im hearing people finish all 3 sections in like a week.

How long did it take you to watch all the videos?

It depends on how you set up your study days and how long you're giving yourself to review the material. It took me about a month to get through all of the videos. But I planned my schedule to take ample time to study and really review the material before doing a lot of practice questions. Also, I personally could not stay focused enough to watch hours upon hours of the videos. I would sit down and look at the amount of time you have to study, and plan out how many videos a day you are comfortable with watching!

It depends on how you set up your study days and how long you're giving yourself to review the material. It took me about a month to get through all of the videos. But I planned my schedule to take ample time to study and really review the material before doing a lot of practice questions. Also, I personally could not stay focused enough to watch hours upon hours of the videos. I would sit down and look at the amount of time you have to study, and plan out how many videos a day you are comfortable with watching!
Thats exactly what i plan on doing. I think my problem is that i dont have a date in mind specifically and i dont know how long its going to take me to study but i feel like reviewing a lot before doing destroyer and bootcamp is necessary for me. I also cannot watch 6 hours of video a day realistically because with breaks and loss of focus that would actually take me like 10 hours and i dont have that drive when watching videos. While doing problem i have no problem sitting for long periods and reviewing. Watching these videos is killing me its so boring but im trying as hard as possible to take detailed notes and stay focused by putting my phone away.

Thats exactly what i plan on doing. I think my problem is that i dont have a date in mind specifically and i dont know how long its going to take me to study but i feel like reviewing a lot before doing destroyer and bootcamp is necessary for me. I also cannot watch 6 hours of video a day realistically because with breaks and loss of focus that would actually take me like 10 hours and i dont have that drive when watching videos. While doing problem i have no problem sitting for long periods and reviewing. Watching these videos is killing me its so boring but im trying as hard as possible to take detailed notes and stay focused by putting my phone away.

Haha you seem to study the same way I do. I suggest taking all the time you need to review the videos, and break it down into more reasonable blocks. I usually did about three videos from each section a day, unless it was a gen chem video that was over an hour long! Once you review everything and start practicing you should have a better idea of how much more studying you'll need to do or won't have to do, then you can set a test date! I would also get on the prometric website and just look at what some possible test dates would be and the availability! But don't put off picking a date for too long, knowing your test date also helps motivate you to study!

Members don't see this ad :)
Took me 2 days for gen chem and 2 days for orgo. The faster you do it the better so you have more time to practice. I think that going through practice problems helps you learn the material better than just trying to memorize raw information.

For bio memorization is the only way.

Took me 2 days for gen chem and 2 days for orgo. The faster you do it the better so you have more time to practice. I think that going through practice problems helps you learn the material better than just trying to memorize raw information.

For bio memorization is the only way.
right... i feel like going through these videos is good and all and definitely refreshing but i feel like i only realllllyyy learn from doing problems. How many days did you practice problems? im thinking of going through destroyer for a week and a half. reviewing it for the second half of the week then doing bootcamp but idk how long to use bootcamp for. I have a tough semester this coming semester... Biochem, genetics, evolution, ASL, CPR, and med term. So i wanna finish and try to take it before the semester gets intense.

right... i feel like going through these videos is good and all and definitely refreshing but i feel like i only realllllyyy learn from doing problems. How many days did you practice problems? im thinking of going through destroyer for a week and a half. reviewing it for the second half of the week then doing bootcamp but idk how long to use bootcamp for. I have a tough semester this coming semester... Biochem, genetics, evolution, ASL, CPR, and med term. So i wanna finish and try to take it before the semester gets intense.

So I started studying for my test in January. Then by about the end of the first week of February I had finished all of chad's videos and started practice problems. Then I slowly worked through the Feralis bio notes. (This took me longer, because there's alllllot of info in the bio notes) I then made a ton of note cards for bio, gen chem, and orgo. I reviewed these everyday. So in all I took about about a month and a half to do practice problems and review bio. I took my exam at the beginning of April. I felt ready and confident that I studied all that I could and to the best of my ability!

So I finished all my video review within the first week and from that point on I just did practice problems from destroyer over and over again. By finishing up the videos I was able to get more time to do the destroyer for the chems 3x each and biology 2x. I only used bootcamp until the very end for the individual tests 6-10 and then the full lengths

2 weeks for gen chem 1 week and a half for orgo.
I watched 2-3 videos every day, but I took detailed notes ( which I guess I will never look at)
Every person learns differently.