How long did you prepare for your interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How much time did you use to prepare for your interview(s)?

• None (winged it)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 1-4 hours

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • 4-8 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One day

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Multiple days

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

guitarguy23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much time did you use to prepare for your medical school interview(s)?

Members don't see this ad.

Less than 1 hour. Got into all 6 interviews I chose to attend.

Did not have amazing numbers and was not a URM, so I guess I just interview well.

Seriously...be yourself. Don't over think. I did nothing but be myself...I had lunch with a doctor before I applied and learned some stuff about reform etc. that was my only true preparation.

Meanwhile my friend prepped for hours and hours and got denied from tons of places cause he tried to "script" his interview.

Believe in yourself...I'm sure you have a good personality dude

Members don't see this ad :)
The correct answer is "I've been preparing my whole life for this moment."

Did not have amazing numbers and was not a URM, so I guess I just interview well.

Seriously...be yourself. Don't over think. I did nothing but be myself...I had lunch with a doctor before I applied and learned some stuff about reform etc. that was my only true preparation.

Meanwhile my friend prepped for hours and hours and got denied from tons of places cause he tried to "script" his interview.

Quality stuff, thanks for the encouraging remarks!

I agree. I've only ever had 2 bad interviews in my entire life. One for a research position I wouldn't of even enjoyed (The guy asked me a math question and wasn't satisfied with square root of 98). This isn't a movie, you just need to be able to have a conversation about yourself. Don't stress over every little detail on questions; you really shouldn't have to.