How long did your Certiphi background check take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lovehate

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did your Certiphi background check take to get processed?

Mine was processed within 5 minutes. I got an email that it was complete and ready to be released to the schools. I logged in and released it.

Is that normal ?
I thought these background checks take at least few days!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
71168896.jpg
 
Wow that’s impressively quick. Mine took about 17 hours- still a relatively short turnaround


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Mine was complete in January, and I was told all was good. A few days ago, my school called me and said, "you, ah, you gonna send it or nah?"

Come to find out, the auto-send feature never sent it at all! Had to physically release it myself.
 
Mine took a few weeks, because I had an international address listed and they needed more information from me in order to run the records search there. If you’ve mostly lived in the same area and have a squeaky clean past I can see it being returned pretty quickly since they wouldn’t need to run many searches
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long it takes probably depends on a number of factors including how many prior addresses you have had and how many different states you have lived in. Mine took three days.
 
How expensive were all of yours? I just received mine and it's telling me $150!! :/
I heard something like they base it on where you live and how many places you've lived with $150 the max or something? Kinda frustrating. I have no speeding tickets, nothing on my record. But live in Boston so that might be why?

I didn't pay anything. Have you been accepted to a medical school? You should receive an email with a code to use and it doesn't charge you....
 
I didn't pay anything. Have you been accepted to a medical school? You should receive an email with a code to use and it doesn't charge you....

:whoa:Wait seriously?? Damnit! Lucky! No I was accepted to OD school hahah but there wasn't anything in our forums so I was looking through here and dental school. This was the most recent thread I came across so I was thinking you guys were charged too! Apparently OD and DMD have to pay for Certiphi ranging from $30-$200 depending on state/how many places lived. Even with the code that they emailed me to put in. FML lol well thanks anyways 🙂 also Congrats! Good luck this fall!