How many 300-level science courses too take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swazination

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be a non-matriculant at a university, so I will only be taking upper level science courses. I was planning to take three 300 - level courses. Is that too much?

Members don't see this ad.

I took Ecology, Genetics, and Biochemistry (all 300+ level courses) in the same semester and although it was a lot of work, I was able to handle it and do well in all of the classes. I'm sure you can do it too with the correct amount of dedication.

Good luck to you!

Depends if they have labs, if not there really isn’t a limit. 300 level courses are rarely harder than 200 level and often times easier because there smaller and the Professor has more leeway to tailor the class structure. On the other hand 400 and 500 level classes can be very difficult or very easy, I had one 500 level lab that was practically the easiest class I’ve ever taken but a 400 level class that was maybe the hardest.

I’ve often found that the lower the class level the more “busy work” one is assigned. 300 levels were the sweet spot of only exams and maybe a project all weighted equally that allowed me to maximize my points and focus my time.