How Much Should I Trust My Kaplan Class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajax224

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

so long story short I was supposed to take a Princeton class, but it got cancelled so I got a refund and am now taking a Kaplan class (first class on tuesday). Up until now to pass the time I was content reviewing out of the princeton books (they never asked for them back lol). I'm doing my lessons for my first kaplan class and compared to princeton it seems more like they're shortcutting information. Maybe they know exactly what's asked on the mcat and they don't want to overload. Maybe they're just set up differently. Idk. Should I trust the process of this course? Or should I spend extra time using the princeton books to add more info and harder questions? My exam is in about 8 weeks and I have no other commitments besides MCAT right now.

Sorry if this is super confusing! Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

so long story short I was supposed to take a Princeton class, but it got cancelled so I got a refund and am now taking a Kaplan class (first class on tuesday). Up until now to pass the time I was content reviewing out of the princeton books (they never asked for them back lol). I'm doing my lessons for my first kaplan class and compared to princeton it seems more like they're shortcutting information. Maybe they know exactly what's asked on the mcat and they don't want to overload. Maybe they're just set up differently. Idk. Should I trust the process of this course? Or should I spend extra time using the princeton books to add more info and harder questions? My exam is in about 8 weeks and I have no other commitments besides MCAT right now.

Sorry if this is super confusing! Thanks for any help!
Kaplan's books go into more detail that any other test prep company by far. The class lessons are not supposed to help you with content review. They are to help you with test taking strategy, you gotta do the content review on your own

You should probably hold judgement until after a few classes. However, if you are having your doubts, there must be a reason. Do they have a bad reputation on your campus? I didn't take a prep class (beyond my price range), but admittedly I would have had I had the resources. I don't think I would have take them, however, because my area has better programs. As for the detail that their books go into, it often a question not of the depth of the content, but the utility of the content. Read ten different posts about the depth and you'll read ten different opinions.