How to apply for more than on branch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dawglala

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been working with the navy recruiter since last August for the HPSP scholarship. However, due to my medical conditions the prescreen process takes forever. I still haven't been to MEPS for physical yet. Since it is getting late in the game for a scholarship with the navy, I contacted the army recruiter in my area to start an application with them. However, upon hearing that I am also applying with the navy, the recruiter said I can't apply to both at the same time. Knowing people who are doing it, I know it is not true. Even my navy recruiter said he know a lot of people who are applying for both. I just want to ask for those who apply to both, how did you guys do it? Do you guys not tell the recruiter that you are also applying with another branch?

Also, if anyone has an info for a good army recruiter
in Southern California., please give me his/her contact info.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You will have to mention it anyway since the Army recruiter would need to get a copy of the physical from MEPS directly or from the Navy recruiter. Either way, he'll find out.

It sounds like the Army recruiter doesn't want to go thru the hassle of processing the paperwork for you since it's late in the game, not to mention his concern that you would choose Navy over Army as most people do. I would contact his commanding officer or Army health care recruiting command and tell them that this guy (like another Army recruiter I know haha) is being a prick.

Man, WTF is wrong with these Army guys??? Geees, smh.......

You will have to mention it anyway since the Army recruiter would need to get a copy of the physical from MEPS directly or from the Navy recruiter. Either way, he'll find out.

It sounds like the Army recruiter doesn't want to go thru the hassle of processing the paperwork for you since it's late in the game, not to mention his concern that you would choose Navy over Army as most people do. I would contact his commanding officer or Army health care recruiting command and tell them that this guy (like another Army recruiter I know haha) is being a prick.

Man, WTF is wrong with these Army guys??? Geees, smh.......

hmm. in my case, i applied AF first, and realized it wasn't going to happen, i applied army, and the recruiter and i called the AF recruiter to hand over the packet. the AF recruiter wasn't very happy, but after i told him how my chances are slim and i didn't want to wait longer, he was more than happy to do it. that happened in december and i received a call from the army in january that i would get the scholarship.