This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mickey.Mouse

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I graduated from FDU with a BS/MS in 2016 with a combined GPA of 3.05. I've manually calculated my uGPA as 2.98 and my gGPA as 3.24, however, I might've done it wrong. I will recalculate it. Took my MCAT in 2017 with little to no preparation and scored a 488. I know that with these scores, I have no chance getting accepted anywhere but I want to prove to the admission committee that I can commit and excel in Medical school by doing a postbacc. One of my options at this point is to do a DIY Postbacc, but I don't know where to start. what classes to take? or what effect will it have on my overall application?

I haven't had much guidance at my old University and I just started reading and using these forums.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated from FDU with a BS/MS in 2016 with a combined GPA of 3.05. I've manually calculated my uGPA as 2.98 and my gGPA as 3.24, however, I might've done it wrong. I will recalculate it. Took my MCAT in 2017 with little to no preparation and scored a 488. I know that with these scores, I have no chance getting accepted anywhere but I want to prove to the admission committee that I can commit and excel in Medical school by doing a postbacc. One of my options at this point is to do a DIY Postbacc, but I don't know where to start. what classes to take? or what effect will it have on my overall application?

I haven't had much guidance at my old University and I just started reading and using these forums.
What educational resources are nearby? Are you working and limited to evening classes? Have you also calculated your BCPM GPA (all math, bio, chem, and physics grades)? Raising your sGPA is the most important, so you'd want to focus on science and math classes, rather than general education classes.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
Read this:
Goro's advice for pre-meds who need reinvention