how to classify this copyright/thing on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kgamon8

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I worked with my professor and his PI to use software to build models that would then be 3d printed and used to teach various biochemical concepts. His project is NIH funded and obviously not yet complete. But the models I helped with have already been printed and are on the NIH 3d print exchange and our school's digital commons and copyrighted. So could I put the citation of a certain model on my "posters and publications" tab on amcas? If you look it up, it is there.

Members don't see this ad.

I worked with my professor and his PI to use software to build models that would then be 3d printed and used to teach various biochemical concepts. His project is NIH funded and obviously not yet complete. But the models I helped with have already been printed and are on the NIH 3d print exchange and our school's digital commons and copyrighted. So could I put the citation of a certain model on my "posters and publications" tab on amcas? If you look it up, it is there.

MAKE SURE that your name is listed on any publication you cite.

What exactly was your role in the project? How many hours do you claim? Will the PI or the professor be writing a letter that mentions your contribution? Is your name on the copyright to which you plan to provide a link?

Members don't see this ad :)
What exactly was your role in the project? How many hours do you claim? Will the PI or the professor be writing a letter that mentions your contribution? Is your name on the copyright to which you plan to provide a link?
I was supposed to make an interactive model of DNA topoisomerase. But some of the working parts were incorporated into other models, so there’s 3 with my name and my professor’s in the copyright. He will be writing me a letter

I was supposed to make an interactive model of DNA topoisomerase. But some of the working parts were incorporated into other models, so there’s 3 with my name and my professor’s in the copyright. He will be writing me a letter
This is unrelated, but if I was a mid level author on an abstract that was published, is it bad to not ask the PI for a letter? I asked her once for something else and she never did it. There is another lab I worked in for two years, and I am also not asking for a letter. We have a good relationship but I have not had any personal conversations with him, so I asked my boss st the clinic where I work

Rather than using a Publications space, consider discussing the entire project under an Other tag, including the copyrights, and mentioning the copyright in the name you give the space to highlight it. Alternatively, you could use a Teaching designation. Or Employment - NonClinical (if you were paid).

Reactions: 1 user
This is unrelated, but if I was a mid level author on an abstract that was published, is it bad to not ask the PI for a letter? I asked her once for something else and she never did it. There is another lab I worked in for two years, and I am also not asking for a letter. We have a good relationship but I have not had any personal conversations with him, so I asked my boss st the clinic where I work
In general, mainly highly-selective research-oriented MD-only programs might care if you don't provide a PI letter for a research gig.

Rather than using a Publications space, consider discussing the entire project under an Other tag, including the copyrights, and mentioning the copyright in the name you give the space to highlight it. Alternatively, you could use a Teaching designation. Or Employment - NonClinical (if you were paid).
Thank you!