How to put a minor in VMCAS application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pumpkinsmom

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys, I've read the "Instructions for this section" and I couldn't find the answer to my question about the "Institutions Attended" section...

In college, I majored in Biology (BS) and minored in Photography. I assume that I put my Biology major in the line that says "First major for first degree."

However, I don't know where to put the minor in photography?? Choices include:
- "Second major for first degree"
- "Minor for first degree"
- "Major for second degree"

I would have thought that it would be a Minor for Second Degree, but there is no line called this. Do you experienced folks know where to put that? Thanks!
 
Why not "minor for first degree?"

The BS is the only degree you have and photography was the minor for that degree.

A second degree would be if you went and did a master's also (or for some unusually reason had two bachelor's).
 
Ok, I was confused because I thought that meant I was saying I have a BS in Photography. But what you said makes sense to me. I'll just group it into my BS in Biology degree. Thanks 🙂
 
I concur with the comment made above. Technically, photography, is not considered a separate degree.