How to shine during audition rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medulla

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any do's and don'ts for succeeding on pediatric audition rotations???
Did you read anything ahead of time? I am really really nervous :scared: about my upcoming rotations and I am afraid I won't be able to just be myself, which worked well during third year. Any ideas, please!?
:)

Members don't see this ad.

be yourself, unless yourself sucks. if you are a gunner and do not work well with others, then dont be yourself. if you are arrogant, then dont be yourself. if you are lazy, then dont be yourself. but if yourself worked well third year then it will likely work well now.

and of course, you have to read ahead of time...that seems like a silly question. do you honestly think it will look good if you dont know anything?

and dont be too anxious and hypervigilant. just be enthusiastic and hard working and easy to work with. be nice to everybody (nurses, secretaries, techs) because they may be asked by your attending about how you treat them.

dont be nervous. youll do great! remember, pediatricians by nature are nice people with a few exceptions.

scholes said:
be yourself, unless yourself sucks. if you are a gunner and do not work well with others, then dont be yourself. if you are arrogant, then dont be yourself. if you are lazy, then dont be yourself. but if yourself worked well third year then it will likely work well now.

:thumbup: