How to update medical schools of your MCAT score.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

efaefae

Reaction score
I want to update a few schools on my improved MCAT score (came in on 8/23). It updated on my TMDSAS and AMCAS, but I am not sure that they will consider it when selecting people for interviews especially since they probably already looked at my app since it transmitted late July. Should I just email them individually?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I want to update a few schools on my improved MCAT score (came in on 8/23). It updated on my TMDSAS and AMCAS, but I am not sure that they will consider it when selecting people for interviews especially since they probably already looked at my app since it transmitted late July. Should I just email them individually?

Thank you
Did you check the box indicating that you will be taking a future MCAT exam on AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
It is updated automatically in their system. Each school has their own process if an additional planned MCAT is noted while an MCAT score already exists. the individual school’process will either initially screen or evaluate with existing and possibly take nee MCAT into account while others will delay eval and review until new score shows up. There is nothing an applicant can do to change this process.
If you dont indicate it on your AMCAS but still register for a new MCAT, will they know you are planning to retake it?

It is updated automatically in their system. Each school has their own process if an additional planned MCAT is noted while an MCAT score already exists. the individual school’process will either initially screen or evaluate with existing and possibly take nee MCAT into account while others will delay eval and review until new score shows up. There is nothing an applicant can do to change this process.
So I should not email them? My app and secondary were submitted 15 days ago. I feel like an email might remind them to look back. My old MCAT score was 510 and now I got a 516. This would make a big diff for my app