How to Win Over a Nurse 101

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On a similar note, how about male nurses and female med students/ residents? ;).

Members don't see this ad.

Regardless of gender of anyone, if you are a DO student then just do some OMM to relieve those nursing aches and pains- then you are totally in!

Ice-1 said:
Regardless of gender of anyone, if you are a DO student then just do some OMM to relieve those nursing aches and pains- then you are totally in!
good idea. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
SLUser11 said:
I somewhat agree....lots of nurses in academic hospitals have horrible attitudes, and really have no place in a TEACHING hospital. But at the same time, most of their behavior is learned.....Nursing students see more experienced nurses complaining about med students, and they think "yeah! They ARE dumb! They don't know my patient's like I do..." and so the cycle of bitchy nurses continues....and so the cycle of upset residents continue.......such is the fostered antagonism of the teaching hospital, and different members of the health care team butt heads habitually.....

BUT, go to a PRIVATE hospital.....where that same learned hatred of the med students isn't ingrained into the system.....and the nurses are sweethearts. :thumbup:
PLUS, the nurses are much hotter at private hospitals.....this is a proven fact. :rolleyes:

I must disagree with this. I'm at a private hospital right now, and the nurses are still mean to the doctors when they forget something the doctor has been using for 20 years; likewise, the doctors are also disrespectful to the nurses even when unprovoked. The teaching hospital I was at, on the other hand, was exactly the opposite. The nurses and doctors got along swimmingly.

Also, come to the hospital I'm at now, and you'll find that nurses can be just as fugly in private hospitals.