I know my argument is never popular on this board...but the cheapest school is not always the best choice for people looking to specialize, especially with OMFS. You can use me as a cautionary tale. I came into dental school knowing I wanted to do OMFS. I got accepted to multiple schools, but had no intention of attending anything other than UIC because it was the cheapest and I knew it was just a midpoint in my training and it didn't seem like it mattered. UIC at the time (may have changed since I graduated) never produced a lot of specialists and neither the curriculum nor my co-students were focused on specializing (2 out of 90 applied to OMFS, 1 matched). By the time I came to graduation I had no intention of doing OMFS...and I honestly attribute my change of mind to my experience at school (and I can expand upon that if OP wants).
Schools like UCSF, Columbia, UCLA, etc are well known for producing specialists for a number of reasons...They have strong reputations with program directors (which does make a difference despite what others may say), accepts students that are focused on specializing (which really has a synergistic impact on others specializing), and have better curricula for allowing their students to specialize (easier to schedule externships, more medical didactics,etc).
I respect the opinion of
@The OMFS and @BenignDMD (and it is definitely the popular opinion on this board) but where did they go to dental school? Did they go to an Ivy League that produces a ton of specialists? If they did, them telling you to go to a cheaper school must be taken with a grain of salt, because they don't know what might have happened if they hadn't (and this is absolutely not a dig at them, their opinions are just as valid as mine).
Get as many opinions as you can, and do your best to judge their perspective and validity. I'm sure it is no fun to come out of some of the "specialization schools" and owe 250k+, but is that additional 100k of debt worth giving up a career in surgery? You have to figure that out.
TLDR: Tuition is very important to consider when choosing a dental school, but it is just ONE of many factors which must be weighed. Schools that have a long standing reputation of producing specialists will almost always increase your chances of matching to a specialty, and are even more likely to improve where it is you match.