General Admissions & OTCAS Howard University OT Supplemental App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delta-ot

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am ready to submit my application to Howard U but their supplemental app doesn't seem to be available. I clicked on the 'Apply Now' link on the OT program website and once I started the application, OT isn't listed as an Academic program! So I'm thinking it is either not required or they're updating it.

Any current Howard OT students/applicants that can offer insight on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I am ready to submit my application to Howard U but their supplemental app doesn't seem to be available. I clicked on the 'Apply Now' link on the OT program website and once I started the application, OT isn't listed as an Academic program! So I'm thinking it is either not required or they're updating it.

Any current Howard OT students/applicants that can offer insight on this?

I have been trying to apply there as well. I can get the app to open, but then under the academic plan tab the MOT program is not listed. I have emailed 3 people about it and they only dept that responded was OT and the admissions people they told me to email haven’t answered. I’m hoping they are working on updating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Okay glad I’m not the only one concerned about that. I finally got someone on the phone in the admissions office and she told me that the new app hasn’t gone live yet since the app isn’t due until January. She told me to go ahead and submit the OTCAS app and then I should be able to see the supplemental app in a few weeks. I’ll keep checking until then !!

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay glad I’m not the only one concerned about that. I finally got someone on the phone in the admissions office and she told me that the new app hasn’t gone live yet since the app isn’t due until January. She told me to go ahead and submit the OTCAS app and then I should be able to see the supplemental app in a few weeks. I’ll keep checking until then !!

I hope they make some changes to it. They are wanting you to submit letters of recommendation again...which I think is silly when we already have them in the OTCAS application. It also has a spot where they want a submission of a previously graded paper, a section where they want you to write about your career goals. It was just a lot considering everything we have already had to do in our other application.

I hope so too! It stressed me out just looking at all those materials :nailbiting: I feel like the current app will only apply to the programs listed under the academic plans tab. Hopefully the supplemental is much shorter

I hope they make some changes to it. They are wanting you to submit letters of recommendation again...which I think is silly when we already have them in the OTCAS application. It also has a spot where they want a submission of a previously graded paper, a section where they want you to write about your career goals. It was just a lot considering everything we have already had to do in our other application.

Hey Yorit06! Was this your experience with the sup app material from the previous cycle?

I was having the same issue! Did you end up submitting your app on OTCAS? Will they let us know when to fill out the supplemental app?

I haven't submitted my app through OTCAS just yet. I'll most likely be submitting it this Friday when I get paid lol
I was told that it would be available on the website but that was almost a month ago and I still don't see it. I am going to try calling again

Have y'all heard anything yet regarding the supplemental app??

Have y'all heard anything yet regarding the supplemental app??
Nothing yet! I submitted my app on OTCAS about a month ago. From what I heard, probably won’t hear back about an interview until January possibly

Nothing yet! I submitted my app on OTCAS about a month ago. From what I heard, probably won’t hear back about an interview until January possibly
I submitted mine last month too! I hope they let us know something soon

Did anyone ever find the supplemental application for this program? I emailed to ask and no one ever got back to me!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called a couple weeks ago, and a lady from admissions informed that the supplemental app was not a requirement anymore. Not sure how much I trust her though.

Reactions: 2 users
I also haven't heard anything yet. I submitted my application on the early side too :/

I got an email for a video conference interview today! I'm so excited, has anyone ever done a video interview before?

Hey guys I just got invited for my interview, do you all have any interview tips? Asking the people that may have already had their interview.

I had my interview on Jan. 29th via Skype. They ask the general questions like what does OT mean , why you want to be an OT, why Howard but they also ask clinical reasoning questions as well. For example they asked me what “ a man drowning will grasp at a straw meant to me” and questions like a girl has 2nd degree burns on her hand and face and she is reluctant to go back to school what would you tell her. Best of luck to you!

I had my interview on Jan. 29th via Skype. They ask the general questions like what does OT mean , why you want to be an OT, why Howard but they also ask clinical reasoning questions as well. For example they asked me what “ a man drowning will grasp at a straw meant to me” and questions like a girl has 2nd degree burns on her hand and face and she is reluctant to go back to school what would you tell her. Best of luck to you!
Thanks

Ya'll I got my acceptance!!

The interview was super chill. I was extremely nervous when it began, but as it kind of flowed on more it just became a full on conversation which was great! The questions were pretty basic, what is the role of an OT to you, why Howard, how do you align with the mission, etc. Then some situation questions and interpretations of some phrases.

Good luck!

The interview was super chill. I was extremely nervous when it began, but as it kind of flowed on more it just became a full on conversation which was great! The questions were pretty basic, what is the role of an OT to you, why Howard, how do you align with the mission, etc. Then some situation questions and interpretations of some phrases.

Good luck!
Congratulations!!

Good luck!
Congrats! I still haven't heard anything. When did you submit your application, if you don't mind me asking?

Hey guys! I’m glad I found this, I have an interview today via Skype, super nervous.

Good luck!
Congratulations! Did you receive via email or mail?

Good luck!
Congratulations! Did you receive it via email or by mail?

Maybe I should just be patient lol how was the interview?

I'm a Howard OT Grad and current working therapist let me know if you have any questions about the program, living in the DMV area or anything. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe I should just be patient lol how was the interview?
It was very comfortable I ended up having a phone interview because the interviewer Skype would not connect it was basic questions why Howard why occupational therapy.

It was very comfortable I ended up having a phone interview because the interviewer Skype would not connect it was basic questions why Howard why occupational therapy.
Awww that’s good to know! My jitters need to relax, my nerves are just acting up. Lol fingers crossed for you

Awww that’s good to know! My jitters need to relax, my nerves are just acting up. Lol fingers crossed for you
Thanks mine are too!! I wish you the best of luck. I was very nervous but when the interview started it all went away.