HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you think so far?

Snowy has been quiet which to me is village for her. Same with genny, the times i've seen her wolf I feel like she made more of an effort to "post enough" type of thing.
Mutt, Dina, cubs, MSU have all been kinda quiet and I haven't played with them before so still trying to figure them out.
Stagg I mentioned I didn't love timing of votes yesterday but if the joke vote was actually while trying to catch up its maybe ok. Still weird to throw out a joke vote while trying to catch up only 30 min before close.
I've found myself nodding along to most of lupin & dolphin's commentary so mild villagey vibes there. SAR has also felt village to me thus far.
You (AM) have felt a normal amount of interrogation-y to me. But I usually get wolf vibes from you so the fact that I'm not is making me kinda paranoid.
Very paranoid about killer potentially being resurrected as a wolf, as I always am with resurrections, but I think its probably more important to try to find OGs right now and potentially circle back to killer later if needed.
Is MJ playing?? He's on the roster I just realized.
Cray has been a little quiet minus the one normal-ish super long post yesterday so that's kinda making me wonder.
Little tiny mostly vibe pings from WZ, kara, and miranda. Kinda from bryndi too but her style always kinda pings me so I'm sorting through that.

And there is my word vomit brain dump.

Members don't see this ad.

Snowy has been quiet which to me is village for her. Same with genny, the times i've seen her wolf I feel like she made more of an effort to "post enough" type of thing.
Mutt, Dina, cubs, MSU have all been kinda quiet and I haven't played with them before so still trying to figure them out.
Stagg I mentioned I didn't love timing of votes yesterday but if the joke vote was actually while trying to catch up its maybe ok. Still weird to throw out a joke vote while trying to catch up only 30 min before close.
I've found myself nodding along to most of lupin & dolphin's commentary so mild villagey vibes there. SAR has also felt village to me thus far.
You (AM) have felt a normal amount of interrogation-y to me. But I usually get wolf vibes from you so the fact that I'm not is making me kinda paranoid.
Very paranoid about killer potentially being resurrected as a wolf, as I always am with resurrections, but I think its probably more important to try to find OGs right now and potentially circle back to killer later if needed.
Cray has been a little quiet minus the one normal-ish super long post yesterday so that's kinda making me wonder.
Little tiny mostly vibe pings from WZ, kara, and miranda. Kinda from bryndi too but her style always kinda pings me so I'm sorting through that.

You said yesterday that you felt best about AM. What changed?

Reactions: 1 user
Where is everyone in general??? I'm stuck at home this is all I have

Tuesdays are school all day. And -40+ doesn't stop Canadian schools :yeahright:

I am interested to see cray's response to coffee's post. And I am also curious to see where those who were on me yesterday (mainly kb, snowy, vmh) are looking today, given how my lynch somehow took off to land me as the leader basically right before lynch close. And for reasons that basically boil down to 1. I responded to cray (lol what?) and 2. that I called KL backtracking on her vote odd (and yet others did the same thing later in the day, so why was I singled out?). These reasons are no better than rng votes imo, and I look forward to seeing more depth today.
Right now I have AM and coffee as my strongest village reads. AM has been asking her usual line of questions and coffee is fiercely calling players out for behavior that appears wolf-like for them, and she is asking good questions. I'm not seeing the odd behavior from moose that others are seeing.

I don't know if you can call you lynch "taking off". Besides the 3 of us who were there most of the day, it was just lupin that switched her vote to you last min and coffee was a self-prez.

Not really bc I don't trust she came back village, despite her current claim of vanilla - though, I doubt I'll be voting there today

Don't say "convert" to loudly in front of AM this early in the game ;)

Lol wat. I feel like your lynch was the least intense thing I did yesterday

This is interesting. I definitely read her vote as because you were intense, not because you were intense on her lynch.

Members don't see this ad :)
You weren't gonna check in for lynch end and just happened to see a tag because you were browsing elsewhere? dat don't make no sense.
did bryndi not reply to this or did i just miss it?

You said yesterday that you felt best about AM. What changed?
Nothing has changed. I still feel she is behaving like her normal village self. However, her normal village self usually makes me feel like shes acting sketchy so the fact that I feel shes acting normal and not sketchy is making me wonder if she IS sketchy. So yeah, I'm just tinfoiling inside my own brain basically.

Unofficial Day 2 A Little Like a Liverpool Lynch Tally

MOOSE (3)
- zigzag, SAR, genny
Cray (1) - Coffee?
Gwen (1) - AM
capri (1) - Dubz
MSU () -
bryndi (1) - Lupin
Kara (2) - Cubs, MOOSE
Coffee (1) - Ski
SAR (1) - killer
Lupin (1) - Dina

12/28 voting
MOOSE you are in the lead!

Missing: a lot of people, all of whom I will tag starting at 7pm Eastern

Lynch close at 9pm CST (4 hours remaining)

GloomyTightHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Some equestrian education from one of your jump course designers:
There are two types of water elements seen in stadium jumping courses like the course in this gif: liverpools, and open water jumps. Liverpools are pools of water underneath a vertical or oxer-type fence (so, imagine the first jump in this gif was centered over the water in the second one, although the water would not be nearly as wide and the height of the vertical portion would not be quite so high). An open water jump, like the one seen here, is a water obstacle without any rails over it. There is often a "ground rail" (represented here by the low greenery at the front of the jump) in order to make the takeoff distance easier to judge for both the horse and rider.

Open water jumps provide a different challenge than liverpools. Liverpools often test the horse's bravery, because the water reflects light at the bottom of the fence and can be unnerving. Open water jumps test the horse and rider's ability to gauge distances appropriately, and the horse's willingness to jump over something that is not a fence obstacle. Finding the correct take-off distance typically requires a stride adjustment to something longer, lower, and faster than the rest of the course, and it can be difficult to "collect" the horse back to a regular stride after the jump. However, if the approaching stride is not altered, the horse may jump with a trajectory that is too high and land a hind foot in the water, resulting in a jumping fault of 4 points, the equivalent of dropping a rail on a more "traditional" jumping element.

Need some glasses snow?

haha I guess that post didn't come out well.. I meant I didn't notice it until SAR pointed it out. I agreed that SAR seemed intense yesterday, just not as much about killer's lynch. Most of the intensity was arguing with moose about gif queens.

haha I guess that post didn't come out well.. I meant I didn't notice it until SAR pointed it out. I agreed that SAR seemed intense yesterday, just not as much about killer's lynch. Most of the intensity was arguing with moose about gif queens.
How do you feel about that intensity?

I don't know if you can call you lynch "taking off". Besides the 3 of us who were there most of the day, it was just lupin that switched her vote to you last min and coffee was a self-prez.
The reasoning behind your three votes is what the bulk of my post refers to.

interesting considering your thoughts on me included I talked a lot about math (yes, I like math), don't like the ziggy lynch (don't see how this is a problem.. do you WANT ziggy lynched?), and I wasn't self-prezing (which was true until I was in the lead, and then I did self-prez, so again, not sure your issue here)

Do you have any updated thoughts on anyone? I see you've mentioned myself, moose, and killer (flipped village) all as sketchy, bryndi as not sketchy, and kara in response to someone else as asking a lot of questions but not saying much else.

Specifically

-what do you think of Moose being up for lynch today?
-what do you think of bryndi's move last night, and how she is not dead?
-how do you feel about my points towards Cray + followup: would you say there is potentially a wolf between kara and cray?
I didn’t say killer was sketchy. I said that I didn’t like the overjustification of her RNG vote.
I didn’t say bryndi was not sketchy. I asked if we were voting for her because she made a big thing about killer overjustifying her vote. No one answered.
I’m okay with moose being brought up because she has seemed weird but I wasn’t going to vote that way yesterday because she hasn’t played for a while. Which I said yesterday.
Didn’t love the timing. Not sure why you’re saying it would lead to her being dead. Why would the wolves kill someone who was almost lynched when they can hope that she’ll be lynched a different day instead of using their kill on her.
Not sure.

Sardines has seemed normalish in PM, though it hasn’t been extensive.
Haven’t talked to subs really. Unless you count a few weird horse gifs as talking.
Didn’t love MSU voting last second because she thought lynch was closing and then not going back to read and then vote once she realized there was still 45 minutes left.

Not sure if I’ll be on again before close because I’m about to go into a wetlab lecture then lab in 10 minutes and not sure how long it will last.

Members don't see this ad :)
I asked if we were voting for her because she made a big thing about killer overjustifying her vote. No one answered.
I didn't make a big deal of it, I posted about it saying it seemed odd to backtrack that way and then everyone blew that post out of proportion.

Okay some quick thoughts:

I still don't really like bj's post yesterday or the lurking-5 min to lynch self prez. But the close number ties especially at end of day without a lot of waffling (besides self-prez which doesn't count) last night make me think the top lynch candidate were villagers so the wolves didn't really have a preference who went down.

I can see the Moose votes. Not too much of substance and a lot of parroting it seems, but the fact she has a "whatever, lynch me, idc attitude" is more villagey then wolfy.

Stagg was pretty much only questioning/pressuring AM yesterday, but he didn't vote there. Sketch points.

mutts didn't like her posts from yesterday, but today feels a bit better.

Dubz hasn't really said much of significance. And has given like zero reads and only jokes.

ski is giving me feelz, but can't pinpoint exactly why.

skim only had a joke lynch post so far and random nongame related comments.

MSU, MJ, and shelter need to post more.

I have the most clarity when I'm tipsy though.

I could possibly get on the cray lynch today but that would be based on feelz and saltiness that she doesn't seem to want to talk in our PM.

Lynch Lupin

Her killer vote seemed a little opportunistic to me yesterday (even more now that killer flipped village), though SAR is giving me some sketchy feels too that I can't really place at the moment.

Anything else about Lupin leading this vote? (aside from your extracurricular activities)

Don't say "convert" to loudly in front of AM this early in the game ;)
What if she said it first? :thinking:

She would have to be a convert. OGs are much more important.

Are you ready to vote then?

Day 2 A Little Like a Liverpool Lynch Tally

MOOSE (3)
- zigzag, SAR, genny
Cray (1) - Coffee?
Gwen (1) - AM
capri (2) - Dubz, MJ
MSU () -
bryndi (1) - Lupin
Kara (2) - Cubs, MOOSE
Coffee (1) - Ski
SAR (1) - killer
Lupin (1) - Dina
dubz (1) - Snowy

14/28 voting
MOOSE you are in the lead!

Missing: @muttmanager@dolphin106258@Skimble@Melchizedek@Crayola227@vetmedhead@MSUcvmHOPE@Stagg737@Gwenevre@capri1722@sheltermed@bryndiana.jones@WeimMama@Karabiner13

Lynch close at 9pm CST (3 hours remaining)

GloomyTightHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Some equestrian education from one of your jump course designers:
There are two types of water elements seen in stadium jumping courses like the course in this gif: liverpools, and open water jumps. Liverpools are pools of water underneath a vertical or oxer-type fence (so, imagine the first jump in this gif was centered over the water in the second one, although the water would not be nearly as wide and the height of the vertical portion would not be quite so high). An open water jump, like the one seen here, is a water obstacle without any rails over it. There is often a "ground rail" (represented here by the low greenery at the front of the jump) in order to make the takeoff distance easier to judge for both the horse and rider.

Open water jumps provide a different challenge than liverpools. Liverpools often test the horse's bravery, because the water reflects light at the bottom of the fence and can be unnerving. Open water jumps test the horse and rider's ability to gauge distances appropriately, and the horse's willingness to jump over something that is not a fence obstacle. Finding the correct take-off distance typically requires a stride adjustment to something longer, lower, and faster than the rest of the course, and it can be difficult to "collect" the horse back to a regular stride after the jump. However, if the approaching stride is not altered, the horse may jump with a trajectory that is too high and land a hind foot in the water, resulting in a jumping fault of 4 points, the equivalent of dropping a rail on a more "traditional" jumping element.

She actually replied a little bit ago with this, don’t know if it changes your thoughts or anything.
it doesn't for me. I also had to read THAT reply from her like 3 times before I realized that was her reply to the original comment and not just her reply to asking if she hadn't replied...

it doesn't for me. I also had to read THAT reply from her like 3 times before I realized that was her reply to the original comment and not just her reply to asking if she hadn't replied...
Sorry, thought it was obvious with the "I missed it etc etc."

She actually replied a little bit ago with this, don’t know if it changes your thoughts or anything.
It was the comment about the tag that seems off to me. I am not sure how to explain it, but there is something in how she put it that doesn't ring true.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, if I recall, there was the original posts about attacking killer for the same bit I flagged her, but then not wanting to lynch her in looking at bryndi's posts. That also add to some inconsistency.

I just read 6 pages of the thread, quoting multiple posts, and this is the only one that actually saved. :yeahright:
Okay some quick thoughts:

I still don't really like bj's post yesterday or the lurking-5 min to lynch self prez. But the close number ties especially at end of day without a lot of waffling (besides self-prez which doesn't count) last night make me think the top lynch candidate were villagers so the wolves didn't really have a preference who went down.

I can see the Moose votes. Not too much of substance and a lot of parroting it seems, but the fact she has a "whatever, lynch me, idc attitude" is more villagey then wolfy.

Stagg was pretty much only questioning/pressuring AM yesterday, but he didn't vote there. Sketch points.

mutts didn't like her posts from yesterday, but today feels a bit better.

Dubz hasn't really said much of significance. And has given like zero reads and only jokes.

ski is giving me feelz, but can't pinpoint exactly why.

skim only had a joke lynch post so far and random nongame related comments.

MSU, MJ, and shelter need to post more.
I think you missed my comments yesterday regarding zig and AM. I also think coffee didn’t read those posts correctly. I never said I thought either was village. I just said I didn’t want to see AM lynched d1 for no real reason, and I didn’t see why people were voting for zig, and she did pretty well in the last game imho. I also don’t see a difference in her play in this game vs the last game.

Now to go back and figure out what other posts I wanted to quote...

Also, if I recall, there was the original posts about attacking killer for the same bit I flagged her, but then not wanting to lynch her in looking at bryndi's posts. That also add to some inconsistency.
Where did I say I didn't want to lynch her? I bring up the things that are sketch/odd/weird to me so I have a trail of sketchiness to look back on.

Because I don't like how she said she was going to catch up but then unlynches dina and wasn't around for lynch close and we have yet to hear an original read from her.

Ah long day TL;DR
Lynch Dina

Cause D1, better to get a vote out there regardless. Apologies didn't think I'd be this late coming home today.

Didn't have time to look into anything or the full roster, looked at the current tally, didn't want to try to touch that super tie, especially cause last minute I could screw up whatever people who know what's going on are doing, picked someone whose name was up there with no votes to not case Lynch by ignorence. Dina caught my eye. Boom thought process.

Oh god I'm dumb. I didn't see CST, thought it was EST. Phew ok time to read.

Unlynch Dina

This was the one in your posting history. But now that I see the quote attached, I need to re evaluate. lol
That was in response to vmh, who commented about not liking my KL posts and that vmh didn't like the logic behind my KL vote, but I was not voting for KL at that time.

I think since my interpretation of that quote was wrong, I'm more comfy on a Gwen vote for today.

Unlynch Bryndi, lynch Gwen

I haven't seen much from her and staying away from the lynch candidates yesterday warrants some investigation.

That was in response to vmh, who commented about not liking my KL posts and that vmh didn't like the logic behind my KL vote, but I was not voting for KL at that time.
yeah, that is what I meant by seeing the quote attached. One of the limitations of post isolation is not seeing the quotes.

Reactions: 1 users
Lynch Kara

Been waiting around for her to show up all day but that doesn't seem like its happening. I'm fairly certain (will come back with confirmation if/when I find it) I've seen her straight up lurk as a wolf in order to avoid heat. This feels all too much like her wolf play.

ETA: Yupp I found confirmation. In CO, she directly said that she was avoiding thread on purpose while still posting in wolf chat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I think since my interpretation of that quote was wrong, I'm more comfy on a Gwen vote for today.

Unlynch Bryndi, lynch Gwen

I haven't seen much from her and staying away from the lynch candidates yesterday warrants some investigation.
Ohhh now you’re on AM’s single vote ;)

But for real I ask this of you and @Animal Midwife isnt Gwen usually a more quiet player? Or am I just off in left field.