HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unofficial Day 2 Liverpool Lynch Tally

MOOSE (3)
- zigzag, SAR, genny
Cray (1) - Coffee?
Gwen (1) - AM
capri (1) - Dubz
MSU (1) - MOOSE

7/28

GloomyTightHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last game and maybe the alcohol one? Or he might have modded that one. I’d have to find the list of old games and check it again

Yeah, he was a mod in that one.

*Mods a game*
"Mel's a wolf!"
I hate this game :yeahright:
I gotta joke

There's a shark kid
He comes home from school
Shark dad asks "how are your grades son?"
shark kid says
"Not so good dad they're below C level"
This joke seems......fishy

Reactions: 9 users
Unofficial Day 2 Liverpool Lynch Tally

MOOSE (3)
- zigzag, SAR, genny
Cray (1) - Coffee?
Gwen (1) - AM
capri (1) - Dubz
MSU (1) - MOOSE
bryndi (1) - Lupin

8/28

Reactions: 1 user
What I'm gathering is that lynching kara will provide info as to whether or not these are people we should trust.
But I also like my cray vote.

She is villaging the same people I am in Zigs/AM but is anatagonistic toward Mel, but is this just some veteran banter/testing the waters? Mel/AM also seem v/v interaction on their reads of each other, So why would Kara read village on AM but not on Mel?

@Animal Midwife what are your current thoughts on Kara?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interested to see cray's response to coffee's post. And I am also curious to see where those who were on me yesterday (mainly kb, snowy, vmh) are looking today, given how my lynch somehow took off to land me as the leader basically right before lynch close. And for reasons that basically boil down to 1. I responded to cray (lol what?) and 2. that I called KL backtracking on her vote odd (and yet others did the same thing later in the day, so why was I singled out?). These reasons are no better than rng votes imo, and I look forward to seeing more depth today.
Right now I have AM and coffee as my strongest village reads. AM has been asking her usual line of questions and coffee is fiercely calling players out for behavior that appears wolf-like for them, and she is asking good questions. I'm not seeing the odd behavior from moose that others are seeing.

Lynch coffee
Continuing with my thoughts from yesterday currently.
interesting considering your thoughts on me included I talked a lot about math (yes, I like math), don't like the ziggy lynch (don't see how this is a problem.. do you WANT ziggy lynched?), and I wasn't self-prezing (which was true until I was in the lead, and then I did self-prez, so again, not sure your issue here)

Do you have any updated thoughts on anyone? I see you've mentioned myself, moose, and killer (flipped village) all as sketchy, bryndi as not sketchy, and kara in response to someone else as asking a lot of questions but not saying much else.

Specifically

-what do you think of Moose being up for lynch today?
-what do you think of bryndi's move last night, and how she is not dead?
-how do you feel about my points towards Cray + followup: would you say there is potentially a wolf between kara and cray?

Can you break this list down a little more to include a village-leaning section?
Least wolfy are the village leans, I don't have any strong village leans rn, there are too many players and I learned nothing from the resurrection, bryndi not dying or Barkley's nk

For now, I think I'm going to
Lynch MSU
If not MSU, whose up next? (While I want an answer, I want another fun fact more :soexcited:)

Can you tell me more about what the difference between "not setting off red flags" and "need to hear more from everyone else" is? I am also confused why you say Mel always feels off but then he is in your village leans list.
not setting off red flags = I can follow their logic based on what they've posted
need to hear more = neutral rn
The only time Mel wasn't sketchy to me, he was a wolf. Since I usually read him wrong, I'm going with the opposite of how I feel about him.

Where is everyone in general??? I'm stuck at home this is all I have
Work :(

Day 2 Pssst This is Not A Liverpool Lynch Tally

MOOSE (3)
- zigzag, SAR, genny
Cray (1) - Coffee?
Gwen (1) - AM
capri (1) - Dubz
MSU (1) - MOOSE
bryndi (1) - Lupin
Kara (1) - Cubs
Coffee (1) - Ski

10/28 voting
@Miranda Senft you are in the lead!

Lynch close at 9pm CST (6 hours remaining)

Some equestrian education from one of your jump course designers:
There are two types of water elements seen in stadium jumping courses like the course in this gif: liverpools, and open water jumps. Liverpools are pools of water underneath a vertical or oxer-type fence (so, imagine the first jump in this gif was centered over the water in the second one, although the water would not be nearly as wide and the height of the vertical portion would not be quite so high). An open water jump, like the one seen here, is a water obstacle without any rails over it. There is often a "ground rail" (represented here by the low greenery at the front of the jump) in order to make the takeoff distance easier to judge for both the horse and rider.

Open water jumps provide a different challenge than liverpools. Liverpools often test the horse's bravery, because the water reflects light at the bottom of the fence and can be unnerving. Open water jumps test the horse and rider's ability to gauge distances appropriately, and the horse's willingness to jump over something that is not a fence obstacle. Finding the correct take-off distance typically requires a stride adjustment to something longer, lower, and faster than the rest of the course, and it can be difficult to "collect" the horse back to a regular stride after the jump. However, if the approaching stride is not altered, the horse may jump with a trajectory that is too high and land a hind foot in the water, resulting in a jumping fault of 4 points, the equivalent of dropping a rail on a more "traditional" jumping element.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Least wolfy are the village leans, I don't have any strong village leans rn, there are too many players and I learned nothing from the resurrection, bryndi not dying or Barkley's nk

You did learn something from killer not being a wolf though, right? The reads don't have to be strong to sit under village. Just more trusted than neutral is all I'm looking for.

Day 2 Pssst This is Not A Liverpool Lynch Tally

MOOSE (3)
- zigzag, SAR, genny
Cray (1) - Coffee?
Gwen (1) - AM
capri (1) - Dubz
MSU (1) - MOOSE
bryndi (1) - Lupin
Kara (1) - Cubs
Coffee (1) - Ski

10/28 voting

Lynch close at 9pm CST (6 hours remaining)

There are two types of water elements seen in stadium jumping courses like the course in this gif: liverpools, and open water jumps. Liverpools are pools of water underneath a vertical or oxer-type fence (so, imagine the first jump in this gif was centered over the water in the second one, although the water would not be nearly as wide and the height of the vertical portion would not be quite so high). An open water jump, like the one seen here, is a water obstacle without any rails over it. There is often a "ground rail" (represented here by the low greenery at the front of the jump) in order to make the takeoff distance easier to judge for both the horse and rider. Open water jumps provide a different challenge than liverpools. Liverpools often test the horse's bravery, because the water reflects light at the bottom of the fence and can be unnerving. Open water jumps test the horse and rider's ability to gauge distances appropriately, and the horse's willingness to jump over something that is not a fence obstacle. Finding the correct take-off distance typically requires a stride adjustment to something longer, lower, and faster than the rest of the course, and it can be difficult to "collect" the horse back to a regular stride after the jump. However, if the approaching stride is not altered, the horse may jump with a trajectory that is too high and land a hind foot in the water, resulting in a jumping fault of 4 points, the equivalent of dropping a rail on a more "traditional" jumping element.
it was close to a Liverpool and the alliteration made me happy so shhhh

I FORGOT ABOUT SOMETHING

Jesus I forgot about this game. Crazy shift work kills brain cells I swear. Catching up now!

I assumed she would come back at some point though since she liked a post shortly after the game started.

Forgot about the game but liked a post shortly after game started??

edit: I see she admitted to this later. Still keeping this in mind.

I assume a resurrected player is able to maintain whatever ability they had provided it’s not something that had already been used up?

That depends on the game and mod(s).

cubs--you know what they say about assuming...yeah, no. no ability no more. just a plain villager now. But, I am alive!

Day 2 A Little Like a Liverpool Lynch Tally

MOOSE (3)
- zigzag, SAR, genny
Cray (1) - Coffee?
Gwen (1) - AM
capri (1) - Dubz
MSU (1) - MOOSE
bryndi (1) - Lupin
Kara (1) - Cubs
Coffee (1) - Ski

10/28 voting

Missing: a lot of people, all of whom I will tag starting at 7pm Eastern

Lynch close at 9pm CST (5 hours remaining)

There are two types of water elements seen in stadium jumping courses like the course in this gif: liverpools, and open water jumps. Liverpools are pools of water underneath a vertical or oxer-type fence (so, imagine the first jump in this gif was centered over the water in the second one, although the water would not be nearly as wide and the height of the vertical portion would not be quite so high). An open water jump, like the one seen here, is a water obstacle without any rails over it. There is often a "ground rail" (represented here by the low greenery at the front of the jump) in order to make the takeoff distance easier to judge for both the horse and rider.

Open water jumps provide a different challenge than liverpools. Liverpools often test the horse's bravery, because the water reflects light at the bottom of the fence and can be unnerving. Open water jumps test the horse and rider's ability to gauge distances appropriately, and the horse's willingness to jump over something that is not a fence obstacle. Finding the correct take-off distance typically requires a stride adjustment to something longer, lower, and faster than the rest of the course, and it can be difficult to "collect" the horse back to a regular stride after the jump. However, if the approaching stride is not altered, the horse may jump with a trajectory that is too high and land a hind foot in the water, resulting in a jumping fault of 4 points, the equivalent of dropping a rail on a more "traditional" jumping element.
@SportPonies

Reactions: 1 users
Did they tell you that in the PM? Don’t see it in the rules

Yes, in my role PM...where they told me I was alive again. Of course, who knows what will happen the next time (if there is a next time) I think that the mods sometimes love changing things around to keep everybody guessing. that would be fun!

###lynch SAR###
because of how intense she was yesterday on my lynch. For some reason, it just struck me as over the top...

Sorry guys I have no excuse why I haven't been on except I was having a snow day with my dogs.

But I drank a lot of wine and now I'm going to catch up so this should be fun.

Reactions: 3 users
You did learn something from killer not being a wolf though, right? The reads don't have to be strong to sit under village. Just more trusted than neutral is all I'm looking for.
Not really bc I don't trust she came back village, despite her current claim of vanilla - though, I doubt I'll be voting there today

Not really bc I don't trust she came back village, despite her current claim of vanilla - though, I doubt I'll be voting there today

All of the rez I've seen has come back as village but I'm assuming there's a chance they can come back wolfy?

She would have to be a convert. OGs are much more important.

All of the rez I've seen has come back as village but I'm assuming there's a chance they can come back wolfy?

Yes.

Sorry guys I have no excuse why I haven't been on except I was having a snow day with my dogs.

But I drank a lot of wine and now I'm going to catch up so this should be fun.

careful

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone, I have work from 6p - 10p so I won't be on for lynch :(
I'm going to stick with my vote for reasons stated before (timing).
If you have any questions, you have 10 mins (sorry I've been at school studying)!

tumblr_oq9q41GwUl1uu949jo1_500.gif

Fun Fact: Shadowfax after the events of the Lord of the Rings carried Gandalf on the return journey to the North. It is believed that Shadowfax accompanied Gandalf across the Sea and into the West.
Another fun fact, I met the horse who played Shadowfax in Las Vegas when I was younger :)

Hey everyone, I have work from 6p - 10p so I won't be on for lynch :(
I'm going to stick with my vote for reasons stated before (timing).
If you have any questions, you have 10 mins (sorry I've been at school studying)!

tumblr_oq9q41GwUl1uu949jo1_500.gif

Fun Fact: Shadowfax after the events of the Lord of the Rings carried Gandalf on the return journey to the North. It is believed that Shadowfax accompanied Gandalf across the Sea and into the West.
Another fun fact, I met the horse who played Shadowfax in Las Vegas when I was younger :)
If you aren't going to be on and you are village, maybe switching to another vote on the board would be a good idea

Reactions: 1 users
If you aren't going to be on and you are village, maybe switching to another vote on the board would be a good idea
Fair point. I will

Unlynch MSU
Lynch Kara

I will try to get on before lynch but no promises. Hopefully the ER will be slow tonight! (*knock on wood*)
tumblr_m2irkdeySa1rs0b3ao1_500.gif

Fun Fact: Joey, the horse from the novel "War Horse" was inspired by a harrowing World War 1 painting showing WW1 horses charging into barbed wire as they approached the German lines.

I have the most clarity when I'm tipsy though.

I could possibly get on the cray lynch today but that would be based on feelz and saltiness that she doesn't seem to want to talk in our PM.

Lynch Lupin

Her killer vote seemed a little opportunistic to me yesterday (even more now that killer flipped village), though SAR is giving me some sketchy feels too that I can't really place at the moment.

*********************************************************************************

upload_2019-2-12_17-48-6.jpeg

*********************************************************************************

Reactions: 6 users