HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dammit thought I'd get an outside viewpoint.

I feel like I can read Mel pretty well or at the very least don't find most of his moves to be sketchy like others say. I don't recall ever mislynching outside of the first game I played with him.
Well if you'd like my outside viewpoint, I think you lean more towards false negatives than false positives with Mel. That is, if you're wrong in reading him, you're more likely to believe he's village when he's not than you are to mislynch him when he's village.
Did they tell you that in the PM? Don’t see it in the rules
This feels squicky, like I'm getting a whiff of fishing
Not really bc I don't trust she came back village, despite her current claim of vanilla - though, I doubt I'll be voting there today
This is also kinda where I'm at but also…what AM said about OGs and converts applies here.
A Little Like a Liverpool
I read this to the tune of Mambo no. 5
When did crayola get so argumentative? lol
where u been lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay guys, have literally two minutes before we get slammed again. I would appreciate not getting lynched tonight. I do just want to say that kara did do this when she was a wolf last time (CO) but eh, if you lynch me it is what it is (got lots of neuro to do). Sorry to be flippant, lack of time.

giphy.gif

Fun Fact: Filming of the film Flicka was interrupted on 25 April 2005, when a thoroughbred, halter-broke horse used in the film died in a freak accident on the set at the Hansen Dam Equestrian Center in Lakeview Terrace, California. After extensive, independent investigations by both LA Animal Services and American Humane, no negligence was found on the part of the production or animal handlers, and the death was unanimously determined to be an accident.
I'm going to need more substance than that. You spent all that time getting the gif and the fun fact together, and your defense amounts to "don't do it".

Reactions: 1 user
Well if you'd like my outside viewpoint, I think you lean more towards false negatives than false positives with Mel. That is, if you're wrong in reading him, you're more likely to believe he's village when he's not than you are to mislynch him when he's village.

idk, it feels like he's only slipped by me a couple times as a wolf.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to need more substance than that. You spent all that time getting the gif and the fun fact together, and your defense amounts to "don't do it".
Legit doing my best. Not utd on thread. At work, if not Kara, I'd go for MSU due to timing. Also, pre-made 3 gifs and facts before leaving for work. I work in the freaking ER we're about to get busy.
I'm not saying "don't do it" I'm saying, "I wish y'all wouldn't do this but so freaking be it."
26166b_801f9d08d6e54bdab535f3459c96197f~mv2.gif

Fun Fact: Four main horses were used to portray the Black throughout the film. The two most prominent were the Texas-bred Arabian stallion, Cass Ole, and his double, Fae Jur. Cass Ole appears in 80 percent of the film's shots, though he had white legs and a star that had to be painted black for filming

I kind of have a tinfoil about MSU so I think I'll vote there.

Also in general I think voting someone who said they wouldn't be around for lynch close is kind of rude, having had it done to me before. :yeahright:

### Lynch MSU ###

This feels squicky, like I'm getting a whiff of fishing
How could this possibly be fishing? Cubs is just questioning whether killer assumed no more ability or whether she was told no more ability. Killer already died, so it's not like role name and ability are unknowns either. It feels like you're manufacturing sketch to me.

Reactions: 2 users

Also in general I think voting someone who said they wouldn't be around for lynch close is kind of rude, having had it done to me before. :yeahright:

### Lynch MSU ###
Mind sharing your theory that has you voting for someone who hasn't been on all day?

I have the most clarity when I'm tipsy though.

I could possibly get on the cray lynch today but that would be based on feelz and saltiness that she doesn't seem to want to talk in our PM.

Lynch Lupin

Her killer vote seemed a little opportunistic to me yesterday (even more now that killer flipped village), though SAR is giving me some sketchy feels too that I can't really place at the moment.
seriously? how am I not wanting to talk in our PM? I was the one that opened it and said hi.

Then you said hi back.

The End.

I didn't know that was supposed to be the start of a conversation where I bare my soul. It's on my to do list, but frankly I consider on thread catch up to be a higher priority, it's what I do first, and if I don't get around to PM'ing then that's what happens. Unless I have some burning reason to go to PM. While I open and will engage in PMing, and it's something I tend to be somewhat conservative about because it's dangerous.

If you want to discuss something by PM, you're free to initiate. I'll tell anyone my thoughts by PM that asks. Anyone will tell you that I'm forthcoming to any direct questioning by PM, or that I'll respond in kind. But that doesn't always mean I start some huge convo.

You get major sketch points here for calling me out and shade me over nothing. You know the only one that can counter your claim by PM is the PM partner you're shading. Way to set up a he said/she said and firing the shot first.

### Lynch MSU ###
What's your tinfoil?
why vote for someone who hasn't posted today?

How could this possibly be fishing? Cubs is just questioning whether killer assumed no more ability or whether she was told no more ability. Killer already died, so it's not like role name and ability are unknowns either. It feels like you're manufacturing sketch to me.
I didn't say I was certain about it, I said it was a hint of something. Wolves would absolutely want to know if she kept her ability.

why have so many not voted wtf

It makes me more nervous that moose isn't fighting that hard, so I think I'm just going to lean into that feeling so I can feel alive again

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe the mods are merciful and silenced half of the players so I actually have a chance of keeping up on thread today

Reactions: 5 users
I have the most clarity when I'm tipsy though.

I could possibly get on the cray lynch today but that would be based on feelz and saltiness that she doesn't seem to want to talk in our PM.

Lynch Lupin

Her killer vote seemed a little opportunistic to me yesterday (even more now that killer flipped village), though SAR is giving me some sketchy feels too that I can't really place at the moment.
Although I have to say, I was suspect of Lupin yesterday as I already said,

This may also be the place to say that Lupin reached out to me, and said that she knew I had opened a PM with Barkely, and she thought that was villagey. She said she wasn't a wolf.

It actually makes me suspicious about her, because it feels pockety.

In any case, PMing is a great way to get into trouble, to leak info to wolves, to be manipulated by wolves, or to accidentally shade a fellow villager. I hope that isn't what's happening here between me and Dina and me and Lupin.

Dina only has my quiet to point to, and it's not even quiet like a dodged a question she asked me.

As far as Lupin, it's hard to say her motives for what she said to me.

Not sure who I'm voting on today, I feel I need to look back over the thread. My notetaking fell off early in the thread yesterday as I tried to reply to things, and didn't even happen today as I reply to things.

upload_2019-2-12_18-28-12.jpeg
trying to study but arm falling asleep

Reactions: 4 users
Snowy has been quiet which to me is village for her. Same with genny, the times i've seen her wolf I feel like she made more of an effort to "post enough" type of thing.
Mutt, Dina, cubs, MSU have all been kinda quiet and I haven't played with them before so still trying to figure them out.
Stagg I mentioned I didn't love timing of votes yesterday but if the joke vote was actually while trying to catch up its maybe ok. Still weird to throw out a joke vote while trying to catch up only 30 min before close.
I've found myself nodding along to most of lupin & dolphin's commentary so mild villagey vibes there. SAR has also felt village to me thus far.
You (AM) have felt a normal amount of interrogation-y to me. But I usually get wolf vibes from you so the fact that I'm not is making me kinda paranoid.
Very paranoid about killer potentially being resurrected as a wolf, as I always am with resurrections, but I think its probably more important to try to find OGs right now and potentially circle back to killer later if needed.
Is MJ playing?? He's on the roster I just realized.
Cray has been a little quiet minus the one normal-ish super long post yesterday so that's kinda making me wonder.
Little tiny mostly vibe pings from WZ, kara, and miranda. Kinda from bryndi too but her style always kinda pings me so I'm sorting through that.

And there is my word vomit brain dump.
Minor point that I disagree about genny. I find that the quality of her wolf-hunting is the best clue. To this end, I don't really go by number of posts, although I think village genny has a higher post count, but more importantly, more actual content. In summary, I find quieter genny to be wolfier genny, and more talkative genny to be more villagey. But maybe it's more how you and I perceive her tone than it is post quantity or length.

seriously? how am I not wanting to talk in our PM? I was the one that opened it and said hi.

Then you said hi back.

The End.

I didn't know that was supposed to be the start of a conversation where I bare my soul. It's on my to do list, but frankly I consider on thread catch up to be a higher priority, it's what I do first, and if I don't get around to PM'ing then that's what happens. Unless I have some burning reason to go to PM. While I open and will engage in PMing, and it's something I tend to be somewhat conservative about because it's dangerous.

If you want to discuss something by PM, you're free to initiate. I'll tell anyone my thoughts by PM that asks. Anyone will tell you that I'm forthcoming to any direct questioning by PM, or that I'll respond in kind. But that doesn't always mean I start some huge convo.

You get major sketch points here for calling me out and shade me over nothing. You know the only one that can counter your claim by PM is the PM partner you're shading. Way to set up a he said/she said and firing the shot first.
FWIW she's voiced the same complaint to me in our PM (about you not PM'ing with her) but I explained that many veterans think PMing is for chumps and won't do it, or will be very tight-lipped if they are, and in your case with your timezone difference you would probably prioritize thread interactions over PM's as any alignment.

Minor point that I disagree about genny. I find that the quality of her wolf-hunting is the best clue. To this end, I don't really go by number of posts, although I think village genny has a higher post count, but more importantly, more actual content. In summary, I find quieter genny to be wolfier genny, and more talkative genny to be more villagey. But maybe it's more how you and I perceive her tone than it is post quantity or length.
I agree that her post quality has been a bit... lackadaisical? But when I wolfed with her it seemed like she tried harder to post more volume and more quality so. Right now I'm meh on her. That may change if she doesnt start giving more of substance tho.

FWIW she's voiced the same complaint to me in our PM (about you not PM'ing with her) but I explained that many veterans think PMing is for chumps and won't do it, or will be very tight-lipped if they are, and in your case with your timezone difference you would probably prioritize thread interactions over PM's as any alignment.
@Dinashadow don't trust anything mel tells you. He will stuff you into a pocket and you'll never escape. PM cray instead.

Reactions: 9 users
Stagg was pretty much only questioning/pressuring AM yesterday, but he didn't vote there. Sketch points.

Because I felt Kara was my top choice yesterday and I don't want to vote AM unless I've got good reasoning since people have a ridiculous hard-on for her. Plus, I felt like a Kara flip would have given me more info than an AM flip at that point. Early votes from me are just as much about gathering info than who I actually find sketchy.

Lynch stagg

Why?

What is the reasoning from page 14?

Same as yesterday.

You said before that you start out by having me in your wolf leans. Not doing that anymore?

I generally find you sketchy but give everyone the same benefit of the doubt statistically. So you're usually in my wolf leans based on feelz and I have to reign myself in. Like I said before, given the patterns and types of some of your questions I'm finding that hard to do this game.

What???? If anything steroids are used to save vision threatening conditions! I think she drank too many of your ciders :heckyeah:
yes but steroids can cause cataracts....

also couldn't raise the pressures which could then affect vision, and dc'ing make that better??

Day 2 A Little Like a Liverpool Lynch Tally

MOOSE (5)
- zigzag, SAR, genny, meats, stagg
Cray (1) - mutts
Gwen (2) - AM, Lupin
capri (2) - Dubz, MJ
MSU (2) - bryndi, capri
bryndi (1) - Weim
Kara (3) - Cubs, MOOSE, Mel
Coffee (1) - Ski
SAR (1) - killer
Lupin (1) - Dina
dubz (1) - Snowy
Stagg (2) - dolph, skim
AM (1) - coffee

23/28 voting

Missing: @Crayola227 @MSUcvmHOPE @Gwenevre @sheltermed @Karabiner13

Lynch close at 9pm CST (25 minutes remaining)

GloomyTightHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

@Dinashadow don't trust anything mel tells you. He will stuff you into a pocket and you'll never escape. PM cray instead.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
how did I know YOU of all people would make that warning

Mind sharing your theory that has you voting for someone who hasn't been on all day?

What's your tinfoil?
why vote for someone who hasn't posted today?
So when MSU voted there was a 4 way tie and she voted for none of them. Why? My thought is that she wanted to get a vote in before close, as she more or less said, but didn't have a preference who of the 4 died because none of them were her pack mates. If there was a wolf in there, she could easily have said "lynch [insert any villager in the tie here]" and claimed feels.
This would also clear Coffee, Bryndy, and MOOSE (and killer's original incarnation but…obviously).

Although I have to say, I was suspect of Lupin yesterday as I already said,

This may also be the place to say that Lupin reached out to me, and said that she knew I had opened a PM with Barkely, and she thought that was villagey. She said she wasn't a wolf.

It actually makes me suspicious about her, because it feels pockety.

In any case, PMing is a great way to get into trouble, to leak info to wolves, to be manipulated by wolves, or to accidentally shade a fellow villager. I hope that isn't what's happening here between me and Dina and me and Lupin.

Dina only has my quiet to point to, and it's not even quiet like a dodged a question she asked me.

As far as Lupin, it's hard to say her motives for what she said to me.

Not sure who I'm voting on today, I feel I need to look back over the thread. My notetaking fell off early in the thread yesterday as I tried to reply to things, and didn't even happen today as I reply to things.

Yeah I'm assuming it's NAI at this point. It only made me pause because I had played a game where there were wolves in my PM group that were pretty quiet.

So when MSU voted there was a 4 way tie and she voted for none of them. Why? My thought is that she wanted to get a vote in before close, as she more or less said, but didn't have a preference who of the 4 died because none of them were her pack mates. If there was a wolf in there, she could easily have said "lynch [insert any villager in the tie here]" and claimed feels.
This would also clear Coffee, Bryndy, and MOOSE (and killer's original incarnation but…obviously).
That is tinfoily, but I like that it clears all 4 of us

Reactions: 3 users
Can you quote the post on MOOSE feels from yesterday?

Don't think I gave my reasons (I'll check if I did), but this Moose feels like Colorado Moose. Same with Kara and they were finding each other sketch which is why I was fine with either of them getting lynched yesterday. I was also getting pocket-y vibes from Moose in PM, which I don't like.

So you're saying that in the 4-way tie she would have voted to bus her packmate? How much tinfoil are you wrapped in?

Forgot to add: ghosting the thread is not exclusively villagey or wolfy. Anti-village, perhaps, if anything.

Not sure if I’ll be on again before close because I’m about to go into a wetlab lecture then lab in 10 minutes and not sure how long it will last.
so update on the wetlab. It was an FNA wetlab with one of our oncologists. Someone found a mast cell tumor on her dog that she didn't know was there.

Don't think I gave my reasons (I'll check if I did), but this Moose feels like Colorado Moose. Same with Kara and they were finding each other sketch which is why I was fine with either of them getting lynched yesterday. I was also getting pocket-y vibes from Moose in PM, which I don't like.

I just don't even remember you mentioning her prior to this point.

I feel like we're still missing a lot of votes 15 minutes before close

Reactions: 2 users
kay, this is fine, but where I can I will chastise any vote that is not accompanied by a reason, even a crappy one

preferably in the same post as the quote

Where ever you like. You can also reference my earlier reads post, where you are in my top wolfy pile today

I didn't make a big deal of it, I posted about it saying it seemed odd to backtrack that way and then everyone blew that post out of proportion.
don't get snippy with me about that. i'm still asking if that was the reason people were voting you yesterday. still have not received an answer.
I don't see it is a problem, I think if she does, that's fine, but to use my not wanting ziggy to be lynched yesterday as a reason to find me sketch is pretty ??? considering she hasn't listed ziggy as sketchy, and I didn't want any of the front runners lynched yesterday
I did not use it as a reason to find you sketchy. it was just a general note. I don't make a spreadsheet. i don't have time for that.
these are all questions for the unicorn.
@StayingPositive2017?????