HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Because I felt Kara was my top choice yesterday and I don't want to vote AM unless I've got good reasoning since people have a ridiculous hard-on for her.
This particular comment really concerns me. The more that someone's voting or not voting seems related to how they feel they will be perceived by others/popularity, vs being guided first and foremost by wolf-hunting..... the more suspicious I find it. Because guaranteed wolf vote choices are always affected by how they are caring for their town image.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes to both, but way more likely from topical or injections than oral. Also, steroid induced ocular hypertension typically wont cause you to go blind, it will just lead to high eye pressures which over a period of time can cause glaucoma damage, and youd never recover that vision. And if it caused cataracts then theyd still be there impacting vision. Shes just a mystery! Ouaf!
She didn't develop cataracts but her eyes were buldging. Doc said didn't appear to be painful so wasn't glaucoma

Members don't see this ad :)
lol @Dinashadow I would take this bit of advice pretty seriously.

Little bit of nostalgia, the first time I ever used PM as a wolf for the wolf cause it was with genny, under direction of MJ. I felt so guilty about it, I still do.

The next time that I recall, was with BJ in that game where we were masons.

It's the kind of betrayal that hurts my soul. Lying on thread in full view of others somehow feels easier.

While I trust Mel so far this game, I would still be really cautious of PMing with him. It's basically reached mythic proportions, I'd love to see/experience how he does his PM thing.
fwiw, I don't hold any of that against you, so I don't think you should feel guilty about it at all! If that helps?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I'm assuming it's NAI at this point. It only made me pause because I had played a game where there were wolves in my PM group that were pretty quiet.
Yeah, it's definitely true that wolves can fall silent, whether they mean to or not. They generally don't mean to, but unless they fight against it or are looking to power wolf/manipulate, subconscious forces favour liars actual seeking to avoid having to lie.

OTOH, being too "hey let's chat!" can burn a villager by coming off pockety/fishy. It can also burn a wolf too.

The compromise I've found effective is to be forthcoming in chat, but try to keep anything there something you'd be OK with coming out on main thread or a wolf reading. Don't go out of your way to get information or give information by PM, keep things to thread if you can. This can help no matter your affiliation. Just my thoughts. Others have other strategies that work for them for dealing with the issues above.

Sometimes PM'ing is needed for a villager agenda. Just have to be careful and keep in mind you could always be talking to a wolf or convert.

Eating dinner rn will post after but yeah

Yes! I have another also for I have greyhound named tobias
View attachment 250559
edit I mean I actually do have 2 greyhound statues haha

I love greyhounds and tabby cats.

lol @Dinashadow I would take this bit of advice pretty seriously.

Little bit of nostalgia, the first time I ever used PM as a wolf for the wolf cause it was with genny, under direction of MJ. I felt so guilty about it, I still do.

The next time that I recall, was with BJ in that game where we were masons.

It's the kind of betrayal that hurts my soul. Lying on thread in full view of others somehow feels easier.

While I trust Mel so far this game, I would still be really cautious of PMing with him. It's basically reached mythic proportions, I'd love to see/experience how he does his PM thing.

Thanks Cray I'll keep it in mind. He's been reading village so far and you thinking the same makes me more confident as I'm pretty sure Mel has said you're one of the only people who is good at reading him.

I am easily pocketed however...

MJ does not play normally, so I doubt he even has a reason if so. With both him and WZ on capri, I wouldn't rule out a follow vote since they are generally tight. Or, another interesting possibility, is a silencer/vote controller. Who knows. Until MJ can or chooses to speak, these are all questions for the unicorn.

41l91GuCCqL._SX425_.jpg
so ski's post above seemed to me to suggest that this post by lupin might be referring to StayPos

That would maybe make this the second time that Lupin had a supplication to Paws? I noted earlier she was like "can I have a quest" and I wondered what the heck that was about but hadn't gotten around to it.

Thoughts?

Someone asked me about my capri vote. I'm pretty sure it was a feels thing, perhaps a reaction to something yesterday. Saw no reason not to carry it over to start today and then was unexpectedly busy, and now am, I think, getting sick so I'll catch y'all tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
This particular comment really concerns me. The more that someone's voting or not voting seems related to how they feel they will be perceived by others/popularity, vs being guided first and foremost by wolf-hunting..... the more suspicious I find it. Because guaranteed wolf vote choices are always affected by how they are caring for their town image.

I mean, my vote was first and foremost about wolf-hunting. As I said, a Moose or Kara flip would give more info. Would I have voted AM if there was a chance she'd actually get lynched? Yea. Was there a chance she'd actually get lynched? No. Plus I'd rather not die stupidly like in the Hiking game pushing a lynch no one else wanted that was farther down my sketch list.

It's a possibility

Just a possibility? Do you not VCA or look at who the lynched player interacted with?

Members don't see this ad :)
it still made me feel dirty lol, and I will feel shame to my dying day

but thanks, good to know!

Wtf mom. I thought you were running an evil orphanage. Did the class on PM pockets get taken off the curriculum? If so I may have to start looking to transfer...

Day 2

After losing two horses in 24 hours, the stable was put on high alert. Veterinarians from all over the country were called in to check on the remaining horses... they were far too precious to lose more. Blood was run, radiographs were taken.... were these freak accidents, or something more malicious?

danae+ellis-albums-katie-picture122986-lab1.jpg

OCD4.jpg

Would this horse need medical management? Surgery? Doctors gathered around and conferred. Surely someone here would know the top differential? How can we save this horse???

With so many large animal veterinarians running amok, one barn resident went almost entirely unnoticed until it was too late. A large gray gelding stood for the veterinary evaluation and slowly grew agitated as time went on. It started with a head shake that escalated to a sidestep... and before anyone knew it, a rear leg lashed out in annoyance, making solid contact with an object that hadn't been there seconds earlier.

A fuzzy creature was tossed across the aisle on impact, slamming against a stall door... and then lying motionless on the floor. A good travelling companion she had been for all who lived here, and so unfortunate it was for her to die at the hoof of a friend.

aho6ny7.gif

Dead by blunt force trauma is @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat, PMer

The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
2. @muttmanager
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @dolphin106258
5. @Skimble
6. @SARdoghandler
8. @SkiOtter
7. @WildZoo
9. @Animal Midwife
10. @Melchizedek
11. @Dinashadow
12. @Crayola227
14. @Lupin21
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @vetmedhead
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
19. @Mad Jack
20. @Stagg737
22. @Gwenevre
24. @capri1722
25. @sheltermed
26. @bryndiana.jones
27. @WeimMama
28. @Karabiner13
29. @ziggyandjazzy
23. @killerleaf
—-
Deep in our imaginations:
(30.) @StayingPositive2017

The Renderer:
13. @Barkley13 - Sleipnir - 2x Vig
21. @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat - PMer

It is now Night 2. Please send in your night actions early.

Wtf mom. I thought you were running an evil orphanage. Did the class on PM pockets get taken off the curriculum? If so I may have to start looking to transfer...
Sorry buddy, I'm the one with tenure in that department ;)

I mean, my vote was first and foremost about wolf-hunting. As I said, a Moose or Kara flip would give more info. Would I have voted AM if there was a chance she'd actually get lynched? Yea. Was there a chance she'd actually get lynched? No. Plus I'd rather not die stupidly like in the Hiking game pushing a lynch no one else wanted that was farther down my sketch list.

I think this is the fifth game in a row Stagg.

Just a possibility? Do you not VCA or look at who the lynched player interacted with?
Did she not tell you her ability or role? How was she trying to pocket you?

wth you guys say you won't Lynch people who haven't played for a while or get killed early but then you Lynch kara so lame
again with this business about consistency

yes, that is the general idea, but you know what's more important than trying to be nice in WW? lynching who you think are wolves

don't let any sentimentality take you away from that

9/10 when I make the wrong game move, it's not voting someone for emotional reasons

hmmm. So PMer. Did she not open up a pm with someone not by her then as proof of her ability? That seems off.
She opened a pm with me, I mentioned it on thread earlier. I also didn't realize she wasn't next to me on the roster until a few minutes ago. I actually replied to her recently and mentioned this, and asked if we were supposed to be communicating, then I read the thread. Pm ability can go either way though, so I'm not sure it would have changed much if I had realized it sooner.

I think this is the fifth game in a row Stagg.

5 games in a row for what?

Did she not tell you her ability or role? How was she trying to pocket you?

She did not. She didn't message me at all today. She opened the PM and was asking almost all personal stuff and very little game content. Which was nice, but not what I expected and made me feel like she was trying to win me over.

Yes to both, but way more likely from topical or injections than oral. Also, steroid induced ocular hypertension typically wont cause you to go blind, it will just lead to high eye pressures which over a period of time can cause glaucoma damage, and youd never recover that vision. And if it caused cataracts then theyd still be there impacting vision. Shes just a mystery! Ouaf!
would one symptom of ocular hypertension from steroids be pain or change in vision? I know you can have no subjective symptoms which is why pressures are routinely monitored when on topical steroids. I just wasn't sure if while on them there would be sx or if it would take a bit of time to evolve, making it a silent issue at first.

She opened a pm with me, I mentioned it on thread earlier. I also didn't realize she wasn't next to me on the roster until a few minutes ago. I actually replied to her recently and mentioned this, and asked if we were supposed to me communicating, then I read the thread. Pm ability can go either way though, so I'm not sure it would have changed much if I had realized it sooner.
Eh, I probably wouldn't have voted for her though with that one. That's my fault for not reading closer I guess.

I didn't understand this. You can't believe they are doing either/or what?

Either/or is what I can tunnel version between two wagons. e.g. everyone can only vote here or here. Offwagon voting is viewed as pointless and bandwagons are encouraged. Usually, it's accidental if people aren't updating their reads. Other times, it's a counter test to run with a confirmed or otherwise strong wolf suspect. It's how cubs got lynched in the last game and MOOSE today. I dislike them because it so easy for wolves to hide in this environment and blocks genuine VCA.

~~~~~~~
General request:

Considering the length of this game thread & the number of players, please consider moving non-game discussions (such as medical topics, work-related activities, etc) to another thread.

Thank you!
~~~~~~~

Reactions: 6 users
pg 15
You did learn something from killer not being a wolf though, right? The reads don't have to be strong to sit under village. Just more trusted than neutral is all I'm looking for.
Why are you looking for reads from other people when you won't provide your own?

I FORGOT ABOUT SOMETHING

Forgot about the game but liked a post shortly after game started??

edit: I see she admitted to this later. Still keeping this in mind.
this doesn't seem like a big revelation lol. She prob just meant forgot about it later like after that but idk
Hmm seems out of the blue - but also you explained later I see.

I think you really are a baby pips :p
how so?!

OK well that was obvious since you were unlyching me, meaning that I was your former top suspicion.

The question still stands, besides Moose, Kara, and myself, who else?

No, that wasn’t what he asked - if not you, AM is next up at the moment. I’d like to hear more from Kara before voting there again

Eh, I probably wouldn't have voted for her though with that one. That's my fault for not reading closer I guess.
One of the mods actually replied to my pm saying that we (moose & I) shouldn't have been communicating, then the other mod came back and said that is was totally ok, but obviously couldn't continue because moose is dead, but it makes me feel a little better about not realizing it earlier.

Like any parent, my hope is that my children will surpass me.

As a villager, I've caught too many wolves by PM to want to engage that way when I wolf if I can help it. Makes me nervous. By that same token, it also makes me not too excited to meld minds by PM when I village.

I respect players with mad PM skills. Just not my style.

One of the mods actually replied to my pm saying that we (moose & I) shouldn't have been communicating, then the other mod came back and said that is was totally ok, but obviously couldn't continue because moose is dead, but it makes me feel a little better about not realizing it earlier.
That PMer role is such an asset in my opinion. I hate that it is gone. In the right hands... Sigh.

Day 2

After losing two horses in 24 hours, the stable was put on high alert. Veterinarians from all over the country were called in to check on the remaining horses... they were far too precious to lose more. Blood was run, radiographs were taken.... were these freak accidents, or something more malicious?

danae+ellis-albums-katie-picture122986-lab1.jpg

OCD4.jpg

Would this horse need medical management? Surgery? Doctors gathered around and conferred. Surely someone here would know the top differential? How can we save this horse???

With so many large animal veterinarians running amok, one barn resident went almost entirely unnoticed until it was too late. A large gray gelding stood for the veterinary evaluation and slowly grew agitated as time went on. It started with a head shake that escalated to a sidestep... and before anyone knew it, a rear leg lashed out in annoyance, making solid contact with an object that hadn't been there seconds earlier.

A fuzzy creature was tossed across the aisle on impact, slamming against a stall door... and then lying motionless on the floor. A good travelling companion she had been for all who lived here, and so unfortunate it was for her to die at the hoof of a friend.

aho6ny7.gif

Dead by blunt force trauma is @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat, PMer

The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
2. @muttmanager
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @dolphin106258
5. @Skimble
6. @SARdoghandler
8. @SkiOtter
7. @WildZoo
9. @Animal Midwife
10. @Melchizedek
11. @Dinashadow
12. @Crayola227
14. @Lupin21
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @vetmedhead
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
19. @Mad Jack
20. @Stagg737
22. @Gwenevre
24. @capri1722
25. @sheltermed
26. @bryndiana.jones
27. @WeimMama
28. @Karabiner13
29. @ziggyandjazzy
23. @killerleaf
—-
Deep in our imaginations:
(30.) @StayingPositive2017

The Renderer:
13. @Barkley13 - Sleipnir - 2x Vig
21. @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat - PMer

It is now Night 2. Please send in your night actions early.
omfg a cat died by being stomped to death by a horse... I just can't take this. This breaks my heart. This was a big fear of mine growing up with horses and companion animals like dogs and cats chilling with us.

That would maybe make this the second time that Lupin had a supplication to Paws? I noted earlier she was like "can I have a quest" and I wondered what the heck that was about but hadn't gotten around to it.

Thoughts?
in video games when you go up to an NPC you get a quest if you ask. or something vaguely similar to that.
this feels out of left field participation in a way that feels distinctly wolfy
no that was me being shocked that we just found cancer in the oncologists dog and she didnt even know there was a mass.

I am feeling better about Cray. Still not sure on Kara who has not been on all day so it's still D1 information on her.

I don't like where Ski was trying to go which seemed to be no where. She had her vote on me, claimed to be continuing thoughts on me from yesterday, but rejected every thought that I echo'd from her yesterday as her not saying it's sketch but it's just notes. So @SkiOtter if everything you said about me and everyone else yesterday WASN'T sketch, then what is?

ZJ - Lynch close write up made us aware we weren't supposed to be PMing anymore. Oops. Well, what's done is done but someone has been very actively trying to be agreeable and complimentary in PM today but not saying much on thread. Since we aren't any longer PM partners I feel that's worth sharing ;)

AM - this is day 2 of voting for somebody not posting on the thread for nearly the entire day. It concerns me. Her questions keep coming but yes, she can ask questions as a wolf just as easily. The concern is when they aren't producing wolves or answers.

Also with such a large game, is there a mass silencing power I wonder? Definitely would give an advantage to the wolves with that one.

I've never seen more than one person be totally silenced at a time in a game of any size.