HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've never seen more than one person be totally silenced at a time in a game of any size.
That doesn't mean anything. Only way I'll find out though is after night and the people who may or may not have been silenced today say yay or neigh.

Members don't see this ad.

AM - this is day 2 of voting for somebody not posting on the thread for nearly the entire day. It concerns me. Her questions keep coming but yes, she can ask questions as a wolf just as easily. The concern is when they aren't producing wolves or answers.

Yeah, I can say the village is screwed if this level of "wolf hunting" continues. Fear of voting players who don't respond but voting off the actives is good. Two days in a row. Repeat it tomorrow. I still refuse to join any wagon like that.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope there's no one in the crowd with presbyopia!
I have hyperopia, does this count?

(now I can be offended you never read when I said my prescription :eek:)
I just read 6 pages of the thread, quoting multiple posts, and this is the only one that actually saved. :yeahright:

I think you missed my comments yesterday regarding zig and AM. I also think coffee didn’t read those posts correctly. I never said I thought either was village. I just said I didn’t want to see AM lynched d1 for no real reason, and I didn’t see why people were voting for zig, and she did pretty well in the last game imho. I also don’t see a difference in her play in this game vs the last game.

Now to go back and figure out what other posts I wanted to quote...
:love:
bless your kind sweet soul I don't even care if im getting pocketed

That doesn't mean anything. Only way I'll find out though is after night and the people who may or may not have been silenced today say yay or neigh.

Okay, but that's beyond broken in my opinion.

voting for MJ tomorrow?

Nah, but maybe you can get the rest of the village to do it. Just find a counter and sparkle it up as the either/or of their dreams. Half the roster will probably bite. I'll just stick to my own reads instead of sheeping, thank you.

Dogs? You know, that game where I voted with you on Sporty until Sporty flipped wolf. I've only played 2 games since then and one of them was as a wolf, so I'm 50% as of the last 2 games...

You mean where you said "I'm not sure about AM".

Nah, but maybe you can get the rest of the village to do it. Just find a counter and sparkle it up as the either/or of their dreams. Half the roster will probably bite. I'll just stick to my own reads instead of sheeping, thank you.
Or, people could actively fight for their lynch votes and convince people of why that is a good one. The best reasoning wins...

Reactions: 1 users
AM - this is day 2 of voting for somebody not posting on the thread for nearly the entire day. It concerns me. Her questions keep coming but yes, she can ask questions as a wolf just as easily. The concern is when they aren't producing wolves or answers.
How do you know they aren't producing wolves? We haven't lynched anyone she's spotlighted.

Or, people could actively fight for their lynch votes and convince people of why that is a good one. The best reasoning wins...

I don't know about in this game. Even the MOOSE wagon just became a counter to save Kara rather than pointing out individual reasons for her wolfiness. I'm just saying this type of stuff historically leads wolf wins. I'd prefer wagons naturally form again instead of voting for the "least offensive" option if someone isn't truly wolfreading them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about in this game. Even the MOOSE wagon just became a counter to save Kara rather than pointing out individual reasons for her wolfiness. I'm just saying this type of stuff historically leads wolf wins. I'd prefer wagons naturally form again instead of voting for the "least offensive" option if someone isn't truly wolfreading them.
That was my issue at the end for sure. I asked people to speak up since we had people around if they wanted someone else to be in the lead, but no one fought for one of the other candidates. I only had stagg talking and she made the case that her PM partner was suspect. That was what I had to go on since gwen wasn't showing up for us to keep a vote on her.

It was hovering around a tie for most of the day. As some one who chose either or, I would rather choose either/or than to leave another tie

Who was her in this exchange? Did I already ask this? Gosh I wish we used more proper names and less pronouns. My brain is stupid like that.

1. I agree. I'm having some issues with Ziggy over this.

:rolleyes:

I agree with this, last game where Stagg was wolf he was just like this, and it was different from how I pointed out that he ran village the other games he wolfed. It seems that he does adapt his play when you call him out, just something to be mindful of that he's smart enough to adjust his meta that way.
@Miranda Senft Why did you vote for dolphin last night?

@Dinashadow @muttmanager What do you think now?

Frak this is why I can't do the quotes thing, by the time I collect quotes for a big box, I forget the context and what I wanted to say. This is why I typically hit reply to each message and immediately comment, and why I don't read everything to catch up to current and then comment. It flies out of my brain.

Wolf me has a fake narrative, so it's actually easier for me generate content that is not married so closely to the thread and individual posts, btw. I mean call it WIFOM all you want, I definitely do this as a villager (make comments about my gameplay and why it happens the way it does). Anyone can make an effort to do anything as a wolf with intention. The point I'm making here, is here are my thoughts, you decide what is probable. I posted a thing the last game discussing that by nature of the game WW, all things are possible, insert tinfoil hat. But some things are more probable than others, and successful villaging basically relies on one being able to tease that out.

I have notes, and since I'm not EXHAUSTED today like I was yesterday, I hope to make a good reads box and utilize that. Pretty excited actually. I wanted to reply here so I wouldn't forget and to let you know I see this and will get to it.

Lol except that time that AM got you lynch me at lylo and win the game. Not salty. Just a fond memory of one of our lylos together.

2. Lmao. What is this? It's like you took notes about what happened with WM and AM, and now think this is a good way to get an easy mislynch D2 without looking too suspicious. I find it suspicious on the tails of that discussion. I've never seen someone call for someone's death after so little analysis that you've offered so far.

3. Ziggy, you obsess a little much on how consistent people are being. Yes, that is one way to look for wolves. But villagers are inconsistent af because they are in the dark, and that actually makes it more difficult to be consistent. Apparently this instance of quotes with no comments was more confusing to me than when AM did it, and that confusion and annoyance and perception that this was happening more than I liked, prompted me to say something.

While I replied to dolph's post doing this, it wasn't actually directed at anyone specific, hence why I did not call anyone out by name by voting anyone. I'm not going to analyze every time I see someone pulling this game move. Sure, sometimes it's fine. Sometimes it isn't. But I want it to stop and not become a village habit.

Not to mention, when you go to quote someone's post only quoting someone, it doesn't actually show anything in the post. It's therefore annoying to get clarification by hitting reply and asking that person, hey, why did you quote these posts and say nothing? What are you trying to say?

Like, what is the problem here? Generally, if you quote people, you should be able to offer a few words as to why. Sometimes for brevity I don't reread the whole damn quotes, I just read what someone had to write about it, and reread the quotes if I need to.

Or is saving time and making communication easier for the crowd not a reasonable thing to ask villagers to do for each other?

Good for you, I guess.
4. Like, Ziggy, it's totally OK for you to take these as you want, but you are surprisingly resistant to considering alternate explanations for whether or not given game choices are NAI or AI.

If you want to believe that only wolves sit on making a self-prez move close to deadline, and villagers don't also, I'm going to tell you you're wrong. You're just wrong. You don't have to take my word for it, you can listen to other players or read myriad past games where this happened.

If you think for whatever reasons this is particularly AI on this player's part, OK, that's fair. Nothing stands in isolation when analyzing players and their moves and their motives. Go ahead and ignore anyone who is telling you that villagers do the same thing as a matter of strategy. If the only real thing you have swaying you is the timing of the self prez vote, I'm telling you that's weak sauce. But you do you. Don't be surprised though when players try to correct some of this thinking.

It's just really frustrating to me that you can't see where a villager would hold their self prez vote to close to the end, to give wolves less chance to counteract it by voting or argument to achieve their mislynch. Is this really crazy talk?

I will bring up why I was pissed the last game. You really didn't see how a wolf would think I would be an easier mislynch at lylo than Skim or SP? I just can't even. I think I understand how you were reasoning that, but frankly you wouldn't entertain another thought about it, and it honestly seemed pretty obvious to me.

I guess I feel like you miss the obvious even when it's explained. You gotta do you, and you can have your own logic. But you will honestly get further in this game if you open your mind a little to other arguments and let that actually sway you sometimes. Without it being like pulling teeth.
1. you're having issues because I sound cocky? where? when? petty AF dude
2. that is super sketchy and not true. I have seen people vote for others with less analysis
3. nope, I'm not being obsessive. you're being hypocritical. You called dolphin out for doing something that AM did directly above her. At least be consistent
4. (the rest of this)
GET
OFF
MY
ASS

You have proven time and time again you are completely incapable of interpreting ANYTHING I say correctly. This doesn't even really warrant a response because it is just 100% wrong. You might get further in this game if you stopped to think that other people can see things a different way then you and not be illogical or wrong. I literally won village the last game, so don't even try to talk ****. I had a great plan and saw it through. And I was the one lynching a wolf at the end, you lynching a villager. But, oh, I would get further if I... UH NO I HAVE CONSISTENTLY GONE FAR IN GAMES LAY OFF

edit Idk how to fix the formatting here

It was hovering around a tie for most of the day. As some one who chose either or, I would rather choose either/or than to leave another tie

I can say from experience this will lead to more village lynches than not if you're genuinely not wolfreading either of the options.

That was my issue at the end for sure. I asked people to speak up since we had people around if they wanted someone else to be in the lead, but no one fought for one of the other candidates. I only had stagg talking and she made the case that her PM partner was suspect. That was what I had to go on since gwen wasn't showing up for us to keep a vote on her.

Yeah, I know. I just couldn't even see actual reasons for Stagg to suspect her when I asked. Still seems to vague and I need more in-depth reads. Especially on players outside of the hot topics recently. I've only seen the late catch-up and vote for the leader.

I'm a he. Or a Staggikarp. Either one works.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I know. I just couldn't even see actual reasons for Stagg to suspect her when I asked. Still seems to vague and I need more in-depth reads. Especially on players outside of the hot topics recently. I've only seen the late catch-up and vote for the leader.
You should just take charge then and actually use more absolute language to convince those late comers to vote for your candidate. lol

Reactions: 2 users
yes, and cray and lupin are good enough players to still read between lines

someone doesn't have to come out and say "I have a PR wolves please NK me." Wolves are a nervous bunch and it doesn't always take much for them to want to rule someone out as a PR.

Sometimes just being quiet will make a wolf suspicious and NK there, especially if they don't have other good leads. N1 is a good time for them to pick a NK going on very little, because often they do have little to go on.

It's also a good time to pick a NK target to throw shade on a PM partner, or players like myself and Lupin. If I were the wolves, I'd want to make us look shady and set us up for distraction or mislynch.

So no, nothing means nothing in WW. Most things happen for a reason.

As much as I am against NKA as a massive source of WIFOM in many cases, I still think notions should be entertained. There's very few concrete data points in the game, lynch deaths, votes, and NKs being a few of them.
bein hypocritical again here

I can say from experience this will lead to more village lynches than not if you're genuinely not wolfreading either of the options.

If the alternative is leaving a tie, I’m not leaving a tie without knowing we won’t lose both people. I’m going to choose 1. Yes we saw a tie already and only 1 death resulted but those mechanics aren’t guaranteed a 2nd time

To clarify my Sporty vote. It was initially not meant to stay there and in my tin-foil theory I was actually hoping to catch someone making a comment/point that would out them. That didn't happen, but with the reveal that Sporty could open PMs as well as Grebes, along with the Sporty/AM stuff from D1 (one or two of which pinged some feels) I felt like I was okay with the vote up to what I had read (pg 17 or so).

You should just take charge then and actually use more absolute language to convince those late comers to vote for your candidate. lol

I do like my absolutes, but sometimes it disappoints dubz so I try to be careful with it.

If the alternative is leaving a tie, I’m not leaving a tie without knowing we won’t lose both people. I’m going to choose 1. Yes we saw a tie already and only 1 death resulted but those mechanics aren’t guaranteed a 2nd time

So you're village-reading Kara then?

Are you reading this interaction as v/v? I have it either w/v or w/w rn
I'm not sure, I was originally reading it as a wolf/village interaction but now sort of feeling like it's just two villagers pissing one another off and having a go at it because they are mad

Agree. I'd like better reasoning from @Animal Midwife than "WM hasn't been around, I want to hear from her".

I've gotten off work an hour before lynch 2 nights in a row. I already said I'm channeling my inner MJ this game. Deal with it.

Lol, that had nothing to do with how I viewed you. Like I said, you're making s*** up.

Then why were you afraid of a tie?
tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

This is actually a good point.

Agree. I'd like better reasoning from @Animal Midwife than "WM hasn't been around, I want to hear from her".

I've gotten off work an hour before lynch 2 nights in a row. I already said I'm channeling my inner MJ this game. Deal with it.

Lol, that had nothing to do with how I viewed you. Like I said, you're making s*** up.

I wasn't even voting for Weim today. What are you on about? And is it not valid to want to hear others thoughts?

What does the bolded mean?

I'm not sure, I was originally reading it as a wolf/village interaction but now sort of feeling like it's just two villagers pissing one another off and having a go at it because they are mad

Of the 2 who did you have leaning wolf?

How do you know they aren't producing wolves? We haven't lynched anyone she's spotlighted.
it's kind of an unspoken rule to not lynch the quiet players until mid game, not really interested in piling onto someone who hasn't posted the entire day within the first couple days, and I think it's not really productive to take that seriously at this point... even if we went and said "let's lynch gwen" uh, there is nothing to evaluate, and if she flips village then you're going to feel guilty for lynching someone who isn't on to defend themselves. So with like moose and kara, yeah, those are kind of the same deals.