HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it working
yes, it makes me suspicious though, but that doesn't matter because when I then consider doing something about it I'm like, "nah, I better wait until I'm sure since liking my posts could be a very village thing to do" lol

Reactions: 1 user
Gross. Why is organized religion so terrible?
I leave it at people are often so terrible, so not surprisingly when they come up with organized activities
nothing good happens. Look at us, for example, lol jk

this goes back to Stella's joke "I want to have fun with people but the problem is people ruin my fun."

To this day, my very catholic mom won't read any Harry Potter books because they are "satanic" :rolleyes:

although tbf I think my sister and I probably seemed like we were demon-possessed whenever a new one came out, so I can see where she might have gotten that idea
I used to call my cat "my little demon" when she was being crazy, and my mum would yell at me "Don't speak that over the cat! You are invoking Satan!" and I was like "lol I doubt it she's the one doing this to begin with, take it up with her." She basically had some crisis of faith later in life so now she doesn't care what I call them. I still tease her about this lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Day 6

"That is Shadowfax. He is the Chief of the Mearas, lord of horses, and not even Théoden, King of Rohan, has ever looked on a better. Does he not shine like silver and run as smoothly as a swift stream? He has come for me: the horse of the White Rider. We are going to battle together." - Gandalf, The Two Towers.

tumblr_n0zf2xkqXM1r2zu7yo1_500.gif

Stoic, brave, and beautiful, Shadowfax was the only horse brave enough to stand up to the Lord of the Nazgul... and the wolves that lived around him in the stable. Others looked to him for guidance as the days drew on and more and more of the horses among them died shocking deaths. Others were skeptical. They didn't trust that someone so intelligent- someone who could understand human speech, someone who could learn new skills overnight- was on their side.

Shadowfax did what he could; he knew not every battle was to be won. Unfortunately, at sunset today, the others voted to put him to death. Treason, they said. At sunset, they lost the most valuable thing they had left.

jk... Dead is @Skimble - Shadowfax, Mimic
latest

The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
2. @muttmanager
3. @SnowshoeDog143
10. @Melchizedek
11. @Dinashadow
12. @Crayola227
14. @Lupin21
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @vetmedhead
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
19. @Mad Jack
20. @Stagg737
26. @bryndiana.jones
27. @WeimMama
28. @Karabiner13
23. @killerleaf
8. @SkiOtter
—-
Deep in our imaginations:
(30.) @StayingPositive2017

The Renderer:
13. @Barkley13 - Sleipnir - 2x Vig
21. @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat - PMer
4. @dolphin106258 - Spirit - Redirector
29. @ziggyandjazzy - Horace Horsecollar
25. @sheltermed - A Horse With No Name - Anon Messenger
22. @Gwenevre - Secretariat - Tinkerer
9. @Animal Midwife - Mine That Bird - 3x kill, vote controller
7. @WildZoo - The Old Gray Mare
6. @SARdoghandler - Bullseye - Ability seer
24. @capri1722 - Bucephalus - Strongarm
20. @Stagg737 - Bojack Horseman- Post Restrictor
5. @Skimble - Shadowfax - Mimic

It is now Night 6.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They have been voting together. I was thinking one of them, but not both.
I would put Mel before Dina, personally. She isn't afraid to bus a wolf or list them as sketchy, and theoretically could be trying to change her style, but hasn't exactly been on either of these wolves so far.

yes, cubs was the other player I considered, but I've felt less crappy logic from him, but more importantly nothing that feels like an outright lie

while his play has been limited to more poor questions in an attempt to contribute, which is wolfy in its own way, poor villaging overall I don't take as suspicious as when a player has bad logic verging on what is unsubstantiated and very concerning for being a lie

2 wolves in 2 days... I thought we were doing good :(

Okay actually reading the thread now that SO is asleep. Responding as I go. S*** 7 pages man, now I get why busy people just give up on catching up once they're behind....

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure how skim flipping puts me on the chopping block as a wolf but ok.

I'm going to be looking at kbeans tomorrow for her hesitation and trying to talk me out of lynching skim

Sure, but didn't mention her beforehand.
She vocally voiced suspicions for myself, Mel, and DocE before voting us.

To be fair I never voted for Mel and a big reason I bussed docE was because he was on route to do the same to me. It was my first time playing with him but I had heard the rumors.

~~~~~~~~
I believe we have all night actions and can close early

If you wish to make a change, please do so within the next 15 minutes (by 12:40 EST)

~~~~~~~~

Geez. 12 pages to catch up on. Not sure if I will make it :p

Also, I see that I suck at guessing wolves this game..

Playing catch up again. I hope to be around more tomorrow. While I'm glad we got rid of a 3rd party, I'm disappointed AM didn't flip wolf, because that would have given us a lot more info on people like stagg and mel. I've been suspicious of mel for a while (I forget if I mentioned it on thread before, or just pm's), and I'm definitely keeping my eye on him. If wz wasn't dead, I'd be side eyeing her a bit for believing that AM was redirected but her action still went through as planned.

I have cray in the firmly village category now, and I think that the discussion between her and mutts seemed v/v.

Stagg still seems the most wolfy of my leans so far, so I'm going to stay there for now, but I'm open to hearing details of why others are voting where the are (I admit, there are many pages of the thread that I haven't read.)

Lynch stagg

Comments from wolf to think about latter: sketchy on mel, village on cray and mutts.

This interaction between Mel and Capri feels coached. I know Mel likes to help some wolves out by asking questions on thread and giving ways to 'correctly' answer in pm. Need to more objectively evaluate Mel now he's not tunneling me

I have done that, yupp.
But you neglected to quote the part where I yell at both Snowy and Capri for NOT giving me the right answer, so unless I'm coaching both of them into purposely giving me bad answers and all three of us are wolves, you're off.

Who was it that said sardines told subs they seered or were okay with Kara. Was it you @Melchizedek????
Nope, I didn't know anything about SAR. Dubz was just very adamant in PM that Kara was village and I :shrug: and said fine I'm taking her word for it because I'm honestly losing steam for this game.
mel implied it. From what I'm seeing you post I'm guessing she didn't?
I did nothing of the sort, I was just saying it was a plausible explanation for why Dubz took a hard stance on Kara.

Nope, I didn't know anything about SAR. Dubz was just very adamant in PM that Kara was village and I :shrug: and said fine I'm taking her word for it because I'm honestly losing steam for this game.

I did nothing of the sort, I was just saying it was a plausible explanation for why Dubz took a hard stance on Kara.
r u sure u didn't assume it.
Kara - talked with Dubz last night and asked her why she was so sure Kara was village. She gave some iffy reasons regarding meta, but still seemed very adamant that Kara is village. Seeing how SAR flipped and WZ and SAR were PM partners, I now see a better reason than meta as to why. Willing to just trust this.

While I appreciate the 180, I don't think your sar idea is better if it's based on her ability. She was an ability seer. From the abilities we've seen, I don't think abilities are necessarily affiliation indicative (I think Snowy mentioned this idea). PM'er can go either way, redirector as well to name just a few. Makes me suspect that the wolves have abilities underlying some benign abilities

I meant the obvious abilities. For sure there are a lot that fall in the neutral zone.

speaking of players I can't read, I love @genny to death but have a permanent policy to not trust her farther than I can throw her ever since we wolf hydra'd together in the immuno game and literally couldn't convince people to lynch us lol

Sometimes I think you guys are the same person

I don't understand why they are mutually exclusive

Not very many wolf packs would think to post restrict someone who was going to be wolf killed.

Reactions: 1 users
So

"A huge/giant presence"
N1 - Ski
N2 - Dina
N3 - ???
N4 - Stagg (also reported his action not going through that day)
N5 - ???

"A small and formidable presence"
N1 - kara
N2 - ???
N3 - mutts
N4 - capri (according to Capri)
N5 - mutts
You are......very fixated on filling this in....

What the hell, Kara, are you seriously defending an ability mimic when there was already a village ability seer?

Are you seriously still on me being a wolf?
I'm sorry what exactly have you done that makes it so obviously clear that you're village?