HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What the hell, Kara, are you seriously defending an ability mimic when there was already a village ability seer?
maybe u shoulda been around earlier to say this :p

Members don't see this ad.

Do you believe there's been a conversion?

This feels...I don't know, is manufactured the right word? Like you're trying to get village to believe that there's another village vig out there and not a wolf with an extra kill or something.

Wolf talking to mutts saying she's sketch

you guys screwed up and I'm really disappointed in you

I think Lupin was the wolfier candidate, but I can't say that I can read capri

still

Village lean for cray for this right after lynch close

Oh hey there @Dinashadow . Why you lurking at lynch?

Yeah. Still sketched out by dina

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
###contingency lynch vmh###

Uh weird (okay starting to get the byndy votes today)

Bc the vocal players were right about Capri and now I have the bulk of them leaning village. Stagg hit the nail right on the head with this

I agree

So you think all the wolves are quieter players this game. Sure won't work in their favour..

Sardines results about skim.

Turns out Sardines wasn’t a wolf :laugh:
Do with this all what you will. It’s not solid proof by any means, but we’re UNCOMFY.

K. I missed many important things.

Night 6

The horses were feeling content and happy as they settled in to their stalls for the night. They had done well with removing some of the threats that faced them, and jovially discussed their tasty hay dinners with a newly acquired sense of safety. One pretty warmblood mare was looking forward to the nice, quiet atmosphere. She had been a sensation enough in the show ring that she just liked to have a little peace and quiet to herself at home, you know?

But unfortunately, someone had plans to disrupt her slumber. A pretty piebald with distinctive markings shoved her way into Blue Hors Matine's stall and kicked her out, saying, "Sorry toots, there's room for only one star here, and that's me."

Dead is @Karabiner13 - Blue Hors Matine - Passive Delay Blocker
who would block anyone who visited her the night before.

Meanwhile, inside the tack room, the old dusty TV was playing re-runs of a classic show...

The laugh track rolled with mirth as Mr. Ed asks about life insurance because he is concerned for his well-being. The conversation couldn't come soon enough. Someone came into the tack room and double barrel-kicked the TV screen out right as Mr. Ed said, "no thanks, I'm a horse, not a (guinea) pig!".

The attacker called down the row of stalls to his friend, "There, finally shut up that awful racket. Ugh, these old shows are so lame."

Dead is @Lupin21 - Mr. Ed - Info Giver
who could use her power of speech to whisper a bit of game info into someone's ear each night

Please check your PMs and make sure they're still correct.

The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
2. @muttmanager
3. @SnowshoeDog143
10. @Melchizedek
11. @Dinashadow
12. @Crayola227
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @vetmedhead, now @Caiter92
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
19. @Mad Jack
26. @bryndiana.jones
27. @WeimMama
23. @killerleaf
8. @SkiOtter
—-
Deep in our imaginations:
(30.) @StayingPositive2017

The Renderer:
13. @Barkley13 - Sleipnir - 2x Vig
21. @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat - PMer
4. @dolphin106258 - Spirit - Redirector
29. @ziggyandjazzy - Horace Horsecollar
25. @sheltermed - A Horse With No Name - Anon Messenger
22. @Gwenevre - Secretariat - Tinkerer
9. @Animal Midwife - Mine That Bird - 3x kill, vote controller
7. @WildZoo - The Old Gray Mare
6. @SARdoghandler - Bullseye - Ability seer
24. @capri1722 - Bucephalus - Strongarm wolf
20. @Stagg737 - Bojack Horseman - Post restrictor
5. @Skimble - Shadowfax - Mimic wolf
28. @Karabiner13 - Blue Hors Matine - Passive delay block
14. @Lupin21 - Mr. Ed - Info giver

It is now Day 7

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
kara and lupin were both on capri's lynch, and she flipped wolf.

skimble was revealed as an ability mimic. we've already got a dead village ability seer, does the village also need an ability mimic?
bj has been sketch city in my opinion.
Can you please elaborate what landed her in sketch city? I'm legitimately confused because I haven't evaluated her as thoroughly as I probably should have and I'm looking for an actual answer
my next two guesses for wolves include Bryndi and Mel. Followed by Weim and Snowy.
on what grounds exactly?

r u sure u didn't assume it.
I'm answering this question one more time and then I'm ignoring it. I acknowledged it as a possibility and decided to move on from my Kara tunnel in the interest of being productive.

Capri makes stagg think he's going to be killed for being first on her lynch and then wolves NK him anyways. Savage.

Sounds kinda like a wolf brag.

The 'feeling squicky' was to Cubs. Had me feeling good on Cubs

The 'where u been' was to vmh. Quick look through iso seems it's the only vmh interaction. Makes me want to look into vmh more

But vmh secured the capri lynch..

Not in order
village: coffee vmh ski lupin kb
wolf: mel weim genny skim

How do you think capri and I are linked? You said genny is moving up on your sketch list, how come?

Weak reads. Also wolfy.

Looking purely through people saying they've been blocked, it seems karabou and snowy might belong on one of these lists, but both didn't share the specific blocking message at the time

I didn't get either of these messages. I was told I was overcome by the desire to stay quiet in my stall and sleep all night.

But for Dubz, you had something about singing. You got nothing for Snowy?

Okay. Well she did tell me in pm that she was notified my ability was used up and was trying to protect me so she wasn't mentioning it on thread.

No I was attacked twice. Someone killed me once I was already dead.

Lol

Short and formidable came back to me last night
Stagg’s action didn’t go through bc he targeted SAR who died that night.

###lynch Skim###
Im not believeing this story - all her targets died? Whatever you are isnt helping village

Jumping on bandwagon with weak reasoning.

Members don't see this ad :)
on what grounds exactly?
1. On the basis of the Stagg/Mel/Kara jumble where two of you have flipped village and I still believe the 3rd will flip wolf
2. On the basis that your defense of AM before she flipped chaos has always read weird, and your theory of the MJ thing was even weirder
3. On the basis that everyone on the roster between you & Skimble died
4. On the basis that you've been subtlely defending bryndi or trying to avoid casting suspicion on her

Lynch mel

For now. I likely won't vote strictly for self prez reasons. If someone wants to convince me to vote bj, I'm listening.

Sketch

Enough of this Socratic method from noobs. I'm finding it poorly utilized.

I don't know what this method is, but I'm guessing that its the "out of all 29 people playing, I have a strong feeling at least one of them is a wolf.. maybe 2"

I'm not convinced she's village. I have no feelings there at all. So I'm not going to tie it up, or push her lynch unless someone can give me a reason to.

I'm also not going to vote to save myself if I'm going to keep being a distraction to the village.

Super sketch

In other words, I think we have two wolves up currently. Good stuff.

I can believe this. Though, I will be so sad if I read bryndi as wolf correctly the first day and then abandoned my read..

Day 7 Lynch Tally

bryndi (2) - cubs, Coffee?

2/15
lynch close in ~19 hours

Day 7 Sunday Silence Lynch Tally

bryndi (2) - cubs, Coffee?

2/15 voting

Lynch close at 9pm CST (~19 hours remaining)

(I'll replace this with a gif or picture tomorrow so it doesn't take up as much space...but this is a REALLY fun race and I have been waiting to use this title)

I will admit Snowy's likes feel pockety, and while I will always praise lynching 3rd party, I'm also keenly aware that wolves want 3rd party dead just as much as any player, maybe more

I'm becoming quite a liker in these games. (Also beginning game I liked most of your posts because you weren't talking much and I thought it would increase your like/post ratio and wanted to hear more of your thoughts)

I know this is dumb but is it even possible for you to have picked sketchier wording? Lol

haha nope :laugh: I was trying to process though what little I knew and I was realizing that since village got an ability seer this game, it was wolfier that skim's ability was mimic. But obviously I was writing faster then I was thinking as my poor parents who are visiting me were telling me to get off my phone :sorry:

I'm not convinced she's village. I have no feelings there at all. So I'm not going to tie it up, or push her lynch unless someone can give me a reason to.

I'm also not going to vote to save myself if I'm going to keep being a distraction to the village.

I feel like I will continue to be a distraction if I live.

I'm voting for the person I find most wolfy at this time. I have asked for reason's to vote bj, but I'm not going to tie it up and risk possibly two villagers dying.

My schedule is going to be crazy again starting on Monday, so maybe it's better for me to die, so you can all concentrate on finding the real wolves. Sometimes it's better to sacrifice yourself for the benefit of your "team"/faction.

So I really don't know why more people didn't switch to skim after these, because this is so not her village play. She gets pretty worked up if she's lynched as village. There was no reason for her not to try to self prez, even as a wolf. That is unless bryn is also a wolf and she didn't want to toss even more suspicion onto her, or risk it tying up. Skim probably could have tried defended herself somewhat and gotten some people to switch to bryn. The only reason I can see her not trying is if bryn is also a wolf.

***lynch bryn***

I'm going to be looking at kbeans tomorrow for her hesitation and trying to talk me out of lynching skim

Hmmm... said this then kara NK'd. I'd really like to look here after bryndy.

I see. Mel and snowy possible converts. Unless Mel is original... Kara would make me cry if she is/gets converted.

5e3ee3921d8318ab7b526c04ad1e45eb.jpg

lol. Yeah, you have never seen me wolf...

So I really don't know why more people didn't switch to skim after these, because this is so not her village play. She gets pretty worked up if she's lynched as village. There was no reason for her not to try to self prez, even as a wolf. That is unless bryn is also a wolf and she didn't want to toss even more suspicion onto her, or risk it tying up. Skim probably could have tried defended herself somewhat and gotten some people to switch to bryn. The only reason I can see her not trying is if bryn is also a wolf.

***lynch bryn***

Yup. I don't think I've ever seen her pull this as village.

bryndi (4) - cubs, Coffee?, Caiter, Snowy

4/15 voting
@bryndiana.jones you are the early favorite!

Lynch close at 9pm CST (~18.5 hours remaining)

(I'll replace this with a gif or picture tomorrow so it doesn't take up as much space...but this is a REALLY fun race and I have been waiting to use this title)

I can't believe I made it though all that and am still awake.

Same thing tomorrow. My activity is going to be extremely low and probably most of the day I'll be out of cell service, so I'll check in when I can, but it won't be a lot.

I'm here, dunno what you want me to say. I've answered the questions directed at me, you all want to vote for me then have at it

And also this, around the same time as the ones from skim.

Really? Neither of the top two wanted to try to defend themselves? It makes no sense.

Too busy to catch up. Community day, ate out with boyfriend's parents, at movies now. I do like ties but I don't feel great about these lynches. Going with my
Lynch mutts
vote again.

Wish I could be here near the end.

So is this referring to Pokémon Go? Bc I caught SO many Swinub for community day today. Three shiny ones in the first four that I caught. I was ecstatic guys. If you’re not referring to that...uhm...sorry for this comment....

Reactions: 4 users
If I'd been lynched that ^ would have been a retirement notice instead because the first few days of this game were not fun for me

Instead will be a long time before I play again cause I still get too caught up in playing and neglect things I shouldn't

Hmmm... said this then kara NK'd. I'd really like to look here after

This is so WIFOM-Y. I can easily turn around and say you're a wolf who NK kara so then you could throw extra sketch on me

Can you please elaborate what landed her in sketch city? I'm legitimately confused because I haven't evaluated her as thoroughly as I probably should have and I'm looking for an actual answer
Did you look at yesterday's vote? Skim wouldn't vote her, not even to tie it up for self-preservation. I can't see her doing that as a wolf unless the other player was also a wolf, but a more valuable wolf that the pack really didn't want to lose first.

Lupes!!! Nooooooooooooooo:( Crayola went off on her a few nights ago and in PMs as well. :thinking:

How many wolves are we thinking exist? 4 and convert? 5 and a convert?
Well not necessarily. Sporty's last game didn't have a convert. The trick is to find a hint in the writeups. However, conversion can happen at a specific point, such as death of the last wolf, so if threre is a conversion in this game, it may not have happened yet

Well not necessarily. Sporty's last game didn't have a convert. The trick is to find a hint in the writeups. However, conversion can happen at a specific point, such as death of the last wolf, so if threre is a conversion in this game, it may not have happened yet

So then maybe 5 originals in a 30 person game? 6?

5 seems too few. I think it’d be 6 total. That gives ~21% wolf with ~20% being the ideal amount here.
Whether that’s 5+1, 4+2, or just straight up 6 originals, I don’t know. I’m liking 4+2 though, personally.

5 seems too few. I think it’d be 6 total. That gives ~21% wolf with ~20% being the ideal amount here.
Whether that’s 5+1, 4+2, or just straight up 6 originals, I don’t know. I’m liking 4+2 though, personally.
Idk about that, Pippy's last game and Sporty's last game both had low ratios of wolves.

bryndi (4) - cubs, Coffee?, Caiter, Snowy
Cheezit (1) - skiski

5/15 voting
@bryndiana.jones you are the early favorite!

Lynch close at 9pm CST (~9.5 hours remaining)

603c339d1aad3d887cef7b59834659ec.gif

(did everyone watch that race footage, though? for reals it's a classic & is only ~2 min long :D )

So is this referring to Pokémon Go? Bc I caught SO many Swinub for community day today. Three shiny ones in the first four that I caught. I was ecstatic guys. If you’re not referring to that...uhm...sorry for this comment....
Lol yes. Mamoswine is one of my boyfriend's favorites. He ended with almost 30 and I got 16 shinys.

The wolves have an EON kill, which is pretty powerful. A mimic. Seems to have a blocker as I doubt there are 2 village blockers. Haven't seen signs of another PR. If bryndi is a wolf, and survived the first tie, do have to wonder if that's not just by luck and if she is actually an alpha wolf. I guess we'll see tonight.

The vigilante did have TWO kills which I think would be in line with there being an alpha.

My thought was that since Kara was a delay blocker, the message re. staying in the stall all night would fit. In fact, it is the only message that would fit as no one would've gotten it N1, but the other two messages were recorded N1 by Ski and Kara.

IF I'M RIGHT HERE ARE THE CONCLUSIONS

1. there are still 2 blockers
2. Skimble mimicked Kara N2, not WZ
3. Snowy seemed to be hinting she was a rez (I think) by saying her "ability was used up" but if she acted on Kara this isn't true

The wolves have an EON kill, which is pretty powerful. A mimic. Seems to have a blocker as I doubt there are 2 village blockers. Haven't seen signs of another PR. If bryndi is a wolf, and survived the first tie, do have to wonder if that's not just by luck and if she is actually an alpha wolf. I guess we'll see tonight.

The vigilante did have TWO kills which I think would be in line with there being an alpha.
A passive delayed blocker is not the same thing as a straight up blocker and looking at it from a modding POV, the wolf team has been pretty stacked. I wouldn’t be surprised if the blocker was village.