HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m glad SOMEONE agrees with me....
I was thinking 5+1 or even 4+2
I gave these numbers out as well earlier. I said up to 6 non-village.

Members don't see this ad.

didn't ninja come up related to Ski's bomb death? confused on that front then

and haha, yes, the wolf had a protection power. That's typically village, and while we can always talk about "typical" affiliation for abilities, it's not a slam dunk as that shows
I still feel like there’s another protector out there.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just think it’s too convenient that she killed me on the night she just so happened to be protected.
Huh? How do you know Bryndi Killed you?

Eta- she was a protector on odd nights - she probably protected the wolf who killed you. Which sounds like a wolf seer of some sort - maybe Skim being mimic ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Turning "lets tunnel Mel" time into productivity time:

MJ's lynch avoid means these things to me:
Dina - village. If she was wolf, I was up for lynch when she started replying to thread. Could have easily voted me and just let me get lynched. Didn't need to swing lynch to a wolf with a lynch avoidance.

Mutts - If wolf, would have known about MJ's lynch avoidance, and defending the village blocker and voting to secure a lynch against a lynch avoiding wolf could have been a ploy to reap village cred.

Weim - I know genny says its not likely Weim is a wolf, but staying off both mine and MJ's lynch smells like her not wanting to catch flak for if/when I flipped, and also not wanting to use up a lynch avoidance on a pack mate.

these are the people I'm waking up tomorrow and looking at. Or if the wolves have the decency to put me out of my misery so my blood pressure doesn't keep spiking, take it as a list of people to look into.

that being said. In the immortal words of the great MJ

Contingency Lynch MJ
your point about mutts makes perfect sense to me, not sure why that wouldn't have applied to Dina

I'm worried about genny for maybe fishing and chaos sowing and the reason you said

this post is bothering me because on one hand you make good points, on the other hand, it's another post were I feel like what you're saying isn't congruent somehow (AM read village to for wanting to chaos hunt, mutt could be reaping village cred related to behavior relating to MJ lynch, yet Dina isn't possibly doing this as well)

maybe I'm not following the point on Dina

Chaos is non village. So that leaves 5 wolves for your numbers.
Yeah, I said that I consider 6 wolves based on numbers, but I wasn't sure with chaos in the mix that the mods would have it be 7 non-village versus a total of 6. And that's the numbers for OG wolves, it's possible there is no conversion, or that there is conversion to lead to a total of 5 or 6, or even in addition. It's hard to say. I won't be satisfied until we get at least 6 and the game is over.

Huh? How do you know Bryndi Killed you?

Eta- she was a protector on odd nights - she probably protected the wolf who killed you. Which sounds like a wolf seer of some sort - maybe Skim being mimic ?
I could be wrong, but I think protectors only protect against kills, and not from other actions. Usually they can't protect the same person every night, with every other night it would be variable if they could have the same target or not.

Sometimes they will protect a wolf doing the killing, but sometimes they also protect villagers believe it or not, for various convoluted reasons. It can be an attempt to gain trust, curry favour, and also to hide a conversion by making the no kill night look like a result of their "beneficial" actions as a protector. Protectors don't always die with the protected target which would be why they could protect a villager and then claim the protection on a no kill night.

Usually though, protectors die instead of the intended kill target they are protecting. Wolves would want to do this to protect wolves like strongarm wolves or extra kill wolves (assuming that was a different wolf than themselves). The EON protector wolf might even protect themselves to preserve that ability.

Ability seer such a wolf could lead to different results. You might only see the protection ability if you look into them the night that is their ability.

I still feel like there’s another protector out there.
I agree. It fits best with what happened last night and the notification. Not that I'm married to that in light of the fact I find it important not to read *too* much into night notification.

Well if it’s not tracking and I don’t think it’s protection then what the hell is it
I forgot there is a PM eavesdropper role, it can either let someone see what they've said to someone else (and that can vary too) or see what their night result is.

Also there is the watcher role, I know it's different than tracker but I'd have to consult the wiki.

How the HECK has it not come up earlier that there aren't 2 blockers? It has taken 7 days to clear this up???
yep

if I had been following more closely I would have made it obvious that there were other possibilities

that is all I am good at with mechanics, pointing out the WIFOM and how the mods could be dicking us on everything we think we know

mechanics can be used to catch liars, as usual I didn't get to play this game how I wanted, with a nice summary of all claims made each day and by who. Otherwise it just gets lost and becomes confusion, especially when people make assumptions

Day 9 Lynch Tally

MJ (2) - genny, Cheezit
Cheezit (5) - Ski, Snowy, Coffee?, Cait, Weim

7/14
lynch close in ~20.5 hours

Stagg got blocked by the huge presence.

Stagg's action didn't go through because his target died

plus my night result, suggests we do not have another blocker, it is a different role than Cheezit's

not sure what that means for Cheezit.

While I won't say that being blocker is wolfy, and I did outline how protector can be wolfy and used, I will come out and say I think it's unlikely we have another wolf protector. That said, whatever this is may not be a protector even. If it is a protector, I think it's more likely to be village.

More importantly, is what we think this bit of possibly solved puzzle means for what we make of those involved and their wolfiness.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean, I don’t think lupin would have been able to say she was blocked n6 if she was also killed n6. And if that IS the wolf blocker, I have a feeling they won’t be coming forward with their target...
the rezzes might be used up, but I find in a game where rezzes are possible depending on the order of operations they may still get notified as that info could end up being useful and coming back into the game

and some mods are sadists and like people to die with the intel

Tf does this mean
see what I did there
I said "cinch the lynch" which I thought was clever for tying, you cinch a noose for a lynch, you cinch up a horse's saddle, and I tend to like to cast a vote that will help secure the lynch of my favoured candidate or avoid a lynch.

So the one thing that's giving me misgivings about the mel lynch is that no one has stepped up to claim the other blocker, and it's making me worry that the other blocker is the wolfy one and is just staying silent.
they could be village, and seeing as Mel was on the chopping block, I could see why they would hang back rather than open themselves up to NK or paranoia, thinking that it's likely he's a wolf, since they would know they were village PR, whatever that might be

*Or you're a wolf and you didn't kill anyone on purpose for this reason.

Don't really think you blocked wolf kills 2 days in a row even if you are village.
Are you even listening to yourself? This is the definition of tunneling. Purposely giving up a night kill is THE worst idea regardless of who is on the chopping block. This is wolfing 101.

I was about to post this same thought. I think if there was a kill attempt we would've gotten a write up.
Glad I'm not the only one thinking this could just be a play to trick people.

***lynch Mel***
Y’all literally are defining the word tunnel. There’s no write up! Mel’s a wolf!
I cannot eyeroll hard enough at this one.

This is shoddy wolf hunting.

Mods you can close lynch. I’m done responding to asinine theories.

Pretty sure all night results are in, so you have like 15 minutes to make any changes, fronds.

976_0_BP3627.jpg
Hehe. Fronds and neighbors.

Wait

Has anyone made that neighbors pun during this game???

Reactions: 6 users
Anxiously awaiting surgery at the hospital. These might be my last words, lol.

I feel bad, because I decided if I was going to go pass out on a vote, or even die on the table with this as my last WW vote ever, it should be Mel. That feels right to me.

I kinda feel bad because maybe he's for real. It seems like it hinges greatly on mechanics and that never makes me comfortable. Not even sure how we caught Skim and BJ.

Not sure what I'm making of genny and her trusted bff cubs.

Or this lynch avoidance from MJ. If we don't think he's the last wolf or has other powers, I almost wonder if we should set him aside for the moment.

####lynch MJ####

I guess that's an epic way to go out. Not the wrong vote.

If I wake up before deadline, I could move to Mel. Not in love with MJ lynch, doubt he's an alpha though. So wolf vs villager with 1x lynch avoidance is my guess. Don't know what to make of no defense.

problematic to vote or not vote MJ. Problematic to ever let cheezit live too long vs problematic to also mislynch him. I don't fully understand the mechanics and my feelings are getting in the way.

If I wake up before deadline, I could move to Mel. Not in love with MJ lynch, doubt he's an alpha though. So wolf vs villager with 1x lynch avoidance is my guess. Don't know what to make of no defense.

problematic to vote or not vote MJ. Problematic to ever let cheezit live too long vs problematic to also mislynch him. I don't fully understand the mechanics and my feelings are getting in the way.
Good luck Cray!

Reactions: 5 users
Ok, if you thought Mel was telling truth, should lynch Weim

Also why hasn't Weim addressed this? She just came on to drop her vote

@WeimMama ?
I mean it’s jusy super blatantly a ploy to get me lunched after I finally had a bit of shade thrown around me yesterday. He did block me. My very villagey action did not go through, as the person I have been acting upon the past few nights could probably tell you.

Day 9 Tölting Tuesday Lynch Tally

MJ (2) - genny, Cheezit, cray, cubs
Cheezit (5) - Ski, Snowy, Coffee?, Cait, Weim
Dina (1) - killer

8/14 voting
@Melchizedek you are in the lead!

Lynch close at 9pm CST (~11 hours remaining)

LankyPoshBrant-size_restricted.gif

I mean it’s jusy super blatantly a ploy to get me lunched after I finally had a bit of shade thrown around me yesterday. He did block me. My very villagey action did not go through, as the person I have been acting upon the past few nights could probably tell you.
Why do you think he'd want you specifically gone?

Why do you think he'd want you specifically gone?
I don’t think he would other than the fact that my name has pretty much been clean the whole game until super recently so now that there’s a crack? Idk. Also someone no one is too attached to to lynch haha. And I was attempting to drop some hints yesterday so it’s possible the woofs picked up on them. Doubtful though as they were incredibly subtle and directed at one person.

What. I can't believe no one mentioned this yet. Its probably the protector then.

Like its good advice and its been proven wrong many times to find a wolf based on ability. But the fact the villagers had a ability seer and not an affiliation seer, leads me to think that this game abilities do matter...

contingency lynch mel

And with this thought.. lynch avoidance wolfy or not? Do we think there were 5 original wolves?

I specifically said this the day I shared the night result that I assumed it was a protector role. I can't imagine a game that doesn't have some sort of protection role.

Not so sure it's the huge presence. It seems like the opposite of the small presence which is why I could believe it's a wolf/village equivalent.

Unofficial Day 9 Tölting Tuesday Lynch Tally

MJ (6) - genny, Cheezit, cray, cubs, coffee?, dina
Cheezit (4) - Ski, Snowy, Cait, Weim
Dina (1) - killer

11/14 voting

@Mad Jack you have taken the lead
Lynch close at 9pm CST (~11 hours remaining)

LankyPoshBrant-size_restricted.gif

Such an informative write up :p
Actually, I understand the write up. That first horse is the jerk who tried to kill me last night. The second horse is my smug face when I didn’t die.

Blocked Weim last night
Had something big stand over me.
Cray's not lying, my block went through, as far as I'm told.

So which is it? Did I block the kill? Oh I know! There was ANOTHER conversion! :rolleyes:

ETA: I've had enough I'm going to bed. Good night all.
Why are you blocking people that I have as village leans? Why the heck didn’t you block MJ last night??? Oh that’s right, it’s because you’re a wolf.

Actually, I understand the write up. That first horse is the jerk who tried to kill me last night. The second horse is my smug face when I didn’t die.

Why are you blocking people that I have as village leans? Why the heck didn’t you block MJ last night??? Oh that’s right, it’s because you’re a wolf.
you were attacked??

Can I just state for the record that I'm not a fan of majority lynch rules, particularly when lynch closes after I go to bed when it's not majority but while I'm still at work when it is