HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nvm, I can imagine what might have happened.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
wia
Can I just state for the record that I'm not a fan of majority lynch rules, particularly when lynch closes after I go to bed when it's not majority but while I'm still at work when it is
wait wtf the lynch closed? why? cuz what Mel said?

The question was for genny which she still hasn’t answered. They likely wouldn’t have received results which leaves you with no one to vouch for your claim. How convenient for you
I still have someone who can vouch as I have been acting on them for the past several nights. I just would rather not expose my ability unless I have to.

Members don't see this ad :)
LET'S GET THIS ALL ON THE TABLE.

Genny claims to have tracked MJ who tried to kill her. MJ appears to be alpha wolf.
Mel did NOT block MJ. Genny did NOT die. I am privy to a protection claim that did NOT affect genny. @genny were you protected?
have we ruled out genny being a wolf for some reason?

But he wasn't though. He has the most of votes of people on the board for a while, but he was never at majority of possible votes.

I misunderstood how majority was being tallied - i assumed it was of just those voting not all players - my mistake, I haven’t seen this before

I still have someone who can vouch as I have been acting on them for the past several nights. I just would rather not expose my ability unless I have to.

I did not ask you to. Those were rhetorical statements.

I misunderstood how majority was being tallied - i assumed it was of just those voting not all players - my mistake, I haven’t seen this before
When majority rules are in play, as soon as the lynch hits 50% or more, it closes. Game rules don't say this is the case for this game, so it's not the case here.

~~~~~~~
Thank you in advance for submitting your night actions; good ponies will receive some Squeezy Buns in their evening grain

However, night close will not be happening for a little while as both of your barn managers are busy this afternoon.

~~~~~~~

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Night 9 Tölting Tuesday Take Two Contingency Lynch Tally

Mel (7) - ski, weim, coffee, caiter, cubs, MSU, mj
genny (1) - mutts

8/14 voting

Lynch...starts...sometime?

pEsTLdv.gif

I don’t think he would other than the fact that my name has pretty much been clean the whole game until super recently so now that there’s a crack? Idk. Also someone no one is too attached to to lynch haha. And I was attempting to drop some hints yesterday so it’s possible the woofs picked up on them. Doubtful though as they were incredibly subtle and directed at one person.
I'd really be picking this apart to the level of punctuation. Hopefully my last in depth post before I return to full convalescence.

This thing about your "name" just rings to me more of a wolf concerned about image, more than a villager pointing out that so far you haven't been under too much heat. Except, wait a minute, it's come up that you basically haven't even played up until now, and now you're coming because your name has been invoked. You've been under plenty of heat. Maybe AM was really onto something with you, and as chaos wanted to spearhead getting a wolf for village cred. Maybe not, I don't read too much into WIFOM and dead bad guys, except to point out, it might be a lie to say you weren't under heat when for I believe actual days, as in more than one, the convo centered around AM's going for your jugular. So have we caught you in a lie? Not sure.

Why hedgy on your theory that Mel is repeating your name and wolf to get you lynched with a question mark? Are you really unsure this is a viable explanation for the slandering of your villageryness? Or is there some insecurity in the assertion because you know it's a lie, because you are a wolf, and that is leaking in?

Then the pity/sympathy card -- (which I've played to not get NK and also to get to play in an altered state since I don't typically play hydrated, to farm likes, and making no bones about it) -- about no one being attached to you, and to boot that is coupled with a haha which, immediately on the tails of the hedgy "I'm so clean" statement just rings of more insecurity, not about how your usefulness as a villager is being perceived by other villagers, but almost like, hey, is anyone buying this story?

There's a lot of emotional manipulation in it, it doesn't read like a villager assertive about their own truth even if they feel beset upon and insecure about where they stand with village. It does read more like a wolf insecure about all that.

Haha's tend to feel hollow via the medium of text, I know, and that is the danger because appeal to emotion + this feels hollow, just reads as = lie. It may not be.

Then making it sound like the wolfs picked up on clues that you have a PR, but didn't NK you, and instead are framing you. OK, that can happen. But it's phrased almost like "look at me, yesterday I was trying so hard to be helpful, that the wolves picked up on it to frame me on thread, but it wasn't helpful enough to have been picked up by the villagers. In fact, it might have been so 'subtle' that no one even noticed!"

Which basically is a long way of saying you weren't actually useful to village and the wolves are just framing you. By doing what exactly? Mentioning your name?

This is starting to sound like a very reactive wolf defense. It makes me question who is shading you and you, and who might be the wolf here.

My post analysis skills, yo. I wasn't wrong that Lupin was pumping me for info, trying to gain trust. That was her agenda. I just didn't pick up affiliation, because guess what? I didn't consider she might have a villagey ability that would hinge upon being sketchy af in a PM. So, correct determination of agenda was right, but motive was wrong.

WM, there is some blatant defensiveness and emotionality and manipulation going on. It's insecure, and villagers can be that. What's getting me is thinking about motive. Mel could be trying to frame her. Just, more than anything what caught my eye was this bit about her "good name." What good name? You had to know you were going to come back up, because you've been quiet all game, and basically the only reason you weren't lynched is we can't lynch all the lurkers, we went with sketch targets that were communicating more.

It feels like you're trying to assert you were under the radar more than you actually were. If that is so, then it could be evidence of deception.

And yeah, I got all that from one post.

When majority rules are in play, as soon as the lynch hits 50% or more, it closes. Game rules don't say this is the case for this game, so it's not the case here.
We dont know its not. If it happens a 3rd time it qualifies as a pattern, so to test -

##uncontingency lynch genny, contingency lynch mel##

Now hes at majority

I was wrong that Lupin pumping me for info in PM was wolfy. I was NOT wrong that was what she was doing. It was for a different reason.

Cubs was pumping me so hard in the PM, yeah, he got reamed. And straight up, genny was behind it from what I can tell she said on thread.

All of that behaviour was wolfy af by one or both of them.

Genny is participating a lot, and that is often part of her village meta. Wolfy genny likes to sit back and watch us kill each other. But she could mix it up. She could play a noob to do her dirty work. As the village list narrows, frequently a wolf finds it incumbent upon them to participate more. That could be WM or genny.

I'm always happy to kill Mel for insurance, and if MJ's being quiet, he usually has to go too. So I'm not trying to defend/protect them. But they're the lazy answers. We need to consider less obvious candidates.

lynch Mel, genny, cubs the noob, WM, ski the rez & coffee aka the ideal conversion targets for WIFOM, mutt manager, and MJ for the alpha wolf flavoured cherry on top

I'm probably forgetting some other players

for now

lynch WM

She's hinting at mechanics. People that hint at mechanics to be saved but I don't understand what those are, make me wanna lynch. Post analysis will save or damn you in my eyes, for better or for worse. We have to go with what we understand even if by not understanding we end up being wrong. Because, what, I'm going to vote for things I don't understand because other people do? Depends on how much I trust them.

The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
prime convert target, not sure if I've detected a change in tone, or if she's generally this flippant and carefree lol
2. @muttmanager
I've gotten off her ass. She's not clear, and I've torn apart the noob logic not because it's really bad but because she's still learning the game and thinking about it. She's shown a certain level of depth of thought, and compared to cubs, is just a lower suspect for me compared to all the rest of y'alls sketch asses.
3. @SnowshoeDog143
where did you go Snowy? we didn't forget about you. I have good feels on you, but of course that makes you a conversion target. So not the time to disappear. Your contributions earlier were good and felt village. Dropping off will not be tolerated. If you drop off, that is a change in tone that will not help you whether or not you are village or a convert. Your only hope is to come play and hope your tone is the same. You must come and play and give us data points. Because the quiet can only be taken by a conservative villager as a bad sign. So save the village by coming to save your village ass, or get your convert ass to the thread to try to save your ass, and so we can catch you.
10. @Melchizedek
I wish some one could write a post like I'm 5 outlining what's happened, what's been claimed, and based on that data why he is AND isn't a wolf, and who else may or may not be based on it. Too many moving pieces. I'm hedging on Mel because I don't want him to slip under my wolfdar and be wrong that way, but if I never read him correctly as village than my Mel wolfdar ceases to have any meaning. Plus it's mean. So what I said, emotionally biased on him right now. What happened with Kara, and more particularly about AM tricking him by 3rd party hunting into thinking she's village, just rings like a lie.
11. @Dinashadow
I get work, but, like, where the heck are you?
12. @Crayola227
MVP - most verbose player!
15. @cubsrule4e
so so so sketchy noob. Noob mistakes? Noob wolfing? Unwitting noob tool of an experienced wolf? Has felt sheepy this game. Socratic method that looked like an attempt to contribute but didn't seem very directed. Quality of questioning nooby or wolfy?
16. @genny
Really not convinced she's in village genny meta. Village genny is active, but really useful and helps village. Wolfy genny often sits back, but when I've read past games it becomes clear that if she actually does put her foot in the game, it contributes to hurting village if she's not snarking from the sidelines. All harm with plausible deniability, she's good at how she sabotages village or lurks on by. So I don't know how much she's helping, vs how much she's "helping," despite being more center stage now. Seems like more damage than good. That might be the clue for what her actual motive is.
17. @Caiter92
why are you not under more suspicion? you look to be in cahoots with genny and I don't know why, and it's wigging me out. Can we have a chat to explore why you're village and coming to some conclusions you have?
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
The only things I can remember about your gameplay suggest you should be lynched. Policy lynched, as being too quiet and just popping on at lynch deadline to wax poetic about making ties or other just lack of data points or sketchy absentish play.
19. @Mad Jack
should be lynched for "reasons" (aww yeah it cuts both ways. "Reasons" not to lynch you are "reasons" to lynch you. You know a bad defense is basically the same as a good argument to hang you.) It has happened in a game where explaining lynch avoidance or why you don't die or village shouldn't kill you, kills you. The catch 22 is sometimes real. But the possibility of it won't save you.
27. @WeimMama
It would be nice if I went back and looked at more, but in one word, little contribution, lots of defensiveness. My post covers what about that particular post is sketchy. If others agreed with my analysis and have the chance, tell me if her others posts seemed the same and what you think about her meta.
23. @killerleaf
wait, I thought you died??? I mean, died died. I thought you died, were rezzed, and killed again. Nope, you're still playing. That is way concerning.
8. @SkiOtter
Sketch cuz rez, I don't know her wolf and village meta well enough to distinguish what she's doing besides being Otter.

lynch Mel, genny, cubs the noob, WM, ski the rez & coffee aka the ideal conversion targets for WIFOM, mutt manager, and MJ for the alpha wolf flavoured cherry on top

for now

lynch WM

She's hinting at mechanics. People that hint at mechanics to be saved but I don't understand what those are, make me wanna lynch. Post analysis will save or damn you in my eyes, for better or for worse. We have to go with what we understand even if by not understanding we end up being wrong. Because, what, I'm going to vote for things I don't understand because other people do? Depends on how much I trust them.

The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
prime convert target, not sure if I've detected a change in tone, or if she's generally this flippant and carefree lol
2. @muttmanager
I've gotten off her ass. She's not clear, and I've torn apart the noob logic not because it's really bad but because she's still learning the game and thinking about it. She's shown a certain level of depth of thought, and compared to cubs, is just a lower suspect for me compared to all the rest of y'alls sketch asses.
3. @SnowshoeDog143
where did you go Snowy? we didn't forget about you. I have good feels on you, but of course that makes you a conversion target. So not the time to disappear. Your contributions earlier were good and felt village. Dropping off will not be tolerated. If you drop off, that is a change in tone that will not help you whether or not you are village or a convert. Your only hope is to come play and hope your tone is the same. You must come and play and give us data points. Because the quiet can only be taken by a conservative villager as a bad sign. So save the village by coming to save your village ass, or get your convert ass to the thread to try to save your ass, and so we can catch you.
10. @Melchizedek
I wish some one could write a post like I'm 5 outlining what's happened, what's been claimed, and based on that data why he is AND isn't a wolf, and who else may or may not be based on it. Too many moving pieces. I'm hedging on Mel because I don't want him to slip under my wolfdar and be wrong that way, but if I never read him correctly as village than my Mel wolfdar ceases to have any meaning. Plus it's mean. So what I said, emotionally biased on him right now. What happened with Kara, and more particularly about AM tricking him by 3rd party hunting into thinking she's village, just rings like a lie.
11. @Dinashadow
12. @Crayola227
15. @cubsrule4e
so so so sketchy noob. Noob mistakes? Noob wolfing? Unwitting noob tool of an experienced wolf? Has felt sheepy this game. Socratic method that looked like an attempt to contribute but didn't seem very directed. Quality of questioning nooby or wolfy?
16. @genny
Really not convinced she's in village genny meta. Village genny is active, but really useful and helps village. Wolfy genny often sits back, but when I've read past games it becomes clear that if she actually does put her foot in the game, it contributes to hurting village if she's not snarking from the sidelines. All harm with plausible deniability, she's good at how she sabotages village or lurks on by. So I don't know how much she's helping, vs how much she's "helping," despite being more center stage now. Seems like more damage than good. That might be the clue for what her actual motive is.
17. @Caiter92
why are you not under more suspicion? you look to be in cahoots with genny and I don't know why, and it's wigging me out. Can we have a chat to explore why you're village and coming to some conclusions you have?
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
The only things I can remember about your gameplay suggest you should be lynched. Policy lynched, as being too quiet and just popping on at lynch deadline to wax poetic about making ties or other just lack of data points or sketchy absentish play.
19. @Mad Jack
should be lynched for "reasons" (aww yeah it cuts both ways. "Reasons" not to lynch you are "reasons" to lynch you. You know a bad defense is basically the same as a good argument to hang you.) It has happened in a game where explaining lynch avoidance or why you don't die or village shouldn't kill you, kills you. The catch 22 is sometimes real. But the possibility of it won't save you.
27. @WeimMama
It would be nice if I went back and looked at more, but in one word, little contribution, lots of defensiveness. My post covers what about that particular post is sketchy. If others agreed with my analysis and have the chance, tell me if her others posts seemed the same and what you think about her meta.
23. @killerleaf
wait, I thought you died??? I mean, died died. I thought you died, were rezzed, and killed again. Nope, you're still playing. That is way concerning.
8. @SkiOtter
Sketch cuz rez, I don't know her wolf and village meta well enough to distinguish what she's doing besides being Otter.

Soooo...basically you want the entire roster lynched except yourself. Wolves win?

Night 9 Tölting Tuesday Take Two Contingency Lynch Tally

Mel (8) - ski, weim, coffee, caiter, cubs, MSU, mj, mutts
genny () -

8/14 voting

Lynch...starts...sometime?

pEsTLdv.gif

*Please don't forget your night actions, we are in a night cycle*

Last edited:

for now

lynch WM

The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
2. @muttmanager
3. @SnowshoeDog143
10. @Melchizedek
11. @Dinashadow
12. @Crayola227
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @Caiter92
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
19. @Mad Jack
27. @WeimMama
23. @killerleaf
8. @SkiOtter
What would you like to chat about?

Genny has shared a few things with me that lead me to believe she is village, which is why I vouched for her a few days ago. I still feel she is likely village based on what she has shared.

I'd really be picking this apart to the level of punctuation. Hopefully my last in depth post before I return to full convalescence.

This thing about your "name" just rings to me more of a wolf concerned about image, more than a villager pointing out that so far you haven't been under too much heat. Except, wait a minute, it's come up that you basically haven't even played up until now, and now you're coming because your name has been invoked. You've been under plenty of heat. Maybe AM was really onto something with you, and as chaos wanted to spearhead getting a wolf for village cred. Maybe not, I don't read too much into WIFOM and dead bad guys, except to point out, it might be a lie to say you weren't under heat when for I believe actual days, as in more than one, the convo centered around AM's going for your jugular. So have we caught you in a lie? Not sure.

Why hedgy on your theory that Mel is repeating your name and wolf to get you lynched with a question mark? Are you really unsure this is a viable explanation for the slandering of your villageryness? Or is there some insecurity in the assertion because you know it's a lie, because you are a wolf, and that is leaking in?

Then the pity/sympathy card -- (which I've played to not get NK and also to get to play in an altered state since I don't typically play hydrated, to farm likes, and making no bones about it) -- about no one being attached to you, and to boot that is coupled with a haha which, immediately on the tails of the hedgy "I'm so clean" statement just rings of more insecurity, not about how your usefulness as a villager is being perceived by other villagers, but almost like, hey, is anyone buying this story?

There's a lot of emotional manipulation in it, it doesn't read like a villager assertive about their own truth even if they feel beset upon and insecure about where they stand with village. It does read more like a wolf insecure about all that.

Haha's tend to feel hollow via the medium of text, I know, and that is the danger because appeal to emotion + this feels hollow, just reads as = lie. It may not be.

Then making it sound like the wolfs picked up on clues that you have a PR, but didn't NK you, and instead are framing you. OK, that can happen. But it's phrased almost like "look at me, yesterday I was trying so hard to be helpful, that the wolves picked up on it to frame me on thread, but it wasn't helpful enough to have been picked up by the villagers. In fact, it might have been so 'subtle' that no one even noticed!"

Which basically is a long way of saying you weren't actually useful to village and the wolves are just framing you. By doing what exactly? Mentioning your name?

This is starting to sound like a very reactive wolf defense. It makes me question who is shading you and you, and who might be the wolf here.

My post analysis skills, yo. I wasn't wrong that Lupin was pumping me for info, trying to gain trust. That was her agenda. I just didn't pick up affiliation, because guess what? I didn't consider she might have a villagey ability that would hinge upon being sketchy af in a PM. So, correct determination of agenda was right, but motive was wrong.

WM, there is some blatant defensiveness and emotionality and manipulation going on. It's insecure, and villagers can be that. What's getting me is thinking about motive. Mel could be trying to frame her. Just, more than anything what caught my eye was this bit about her "good name." What good name? You had to know you were going to come back up, because you've been quiet all game, and basically the only reason you weren't lynched is we can't lynch all the lurkers, we went with sketch targets that were communicating more.

It feels like you're trying to assert you were under the radar more than you actually were. If that is so, then it could be evidence of deception.

And yeah, I got all that from one post.
Dude I was literally just replying like I would in any normal life conversation, I could go into reasons why every part of this is just not right but I’m too busy.

And @cray you fabricated a lot of the emotions you claim I am experiencing. That reply was made when I was not feeling defensive at all LITERALLY JUST TRYING TO EXPLAIN.

PS my current emotion is annoyance/eye roll, not defensiveness/anger/anything else you could misconstrue

12. @Crayola227
You win!
I appreciate the list of reads, and I agree it’s good not to trust anyone too much. Especially if we’ve had a conversion (as I believe).

But I also think you need to be able to put some trust in other players in order to work together. We can only win as a village, not singly in our tinfoil hats.

Soooo...basically you want the entire roster lynched except yourself. Wolves win?
There were a few players I didn't list. There are a few I'm leaning village on. I tend to focus on who I think is sketch, and I don't come out and say who I think is village. It's not hard to figure out when I don't list wanting to vote them, haven't lynched them, or spoken out against their lynch recently, and also the way I communicate on thread with them seeking more to understand what they think about other players rather than ask them to explain why an observation I made isn't wolfy. In any analysis I will always consider conversion potential or other reasons not to fully clear someone. Does not mean they are a top candidate, they aren't.

One reasons not to say MUTT MANAGER IS THE MOST VILLAGE PLAYER ALIVE, I MEAN, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONE WE CAN REALLY TRUST, AMIRITE VILLAGE? HEY VILLAGERS IN MY CIRCLE OF TRUST, THAT'S RIGHT YOU, YOU, AND YOU, CAN'T WE ALL AGREE MUTT MANAGER IS SO VILLAGE??

Is that if the wolfs get stumped on making a kill choice based on PR sniffing or whatever crisis of choice little wolfy wolfs get, they may just name the villageriest player. Much as saying someone's name in a post many times with the word wolf causes an mental association that can lead to lynch, so and so and village enough times can invite a NK.

Some things can be between the lines.

I don't want to kill every player, while I suspect all there are clearly some I suspect less and it isn't a secret. But many of these people should die, much of it related to gameplay if not anything else.

Actually, I understand the write up. That first horse is the jerk who tried to kill me last night. The second horse is my smug face when I didn’t die.

Why are you blocking people that I have as village leans? Why the heck didn’t you block MJ last night??? Oh that’s right, it’s because you’re a wolf.

I must have missed this earlier. Good point. Mel should be blocking MJ every night at this point if hes village knowing MJ is a wolf

I must have missed this earlier. Good point. Mel should be blocking MJ every night at this point if hes village knowing MJ is a wolf
This is moo bc no one has died since we found out about MJ

Does anyone besides Mel and Dina NOT think theres been a conversion? And Mel was fairly adamant about it... not sure why theyd suggest otherwise unless they were looking to possibly deflect

Does anyone besides Mel and Dina NOT think theres been a conversion? And Mel was fairly adamant about it... not sure why theyd suggest otherwise unless they were looking to possibly deflect
I think your a convert for all its worth and this question, is what I meant by feigning noob and trying to throw shade on them where as a wolf you would already know the answer to this.

But I am operating under the assumption that if the alpha cannot be lynched, im assuming there is at least 1 other OG wolf - which puts them at 5 wolves to start. So I would think 1 convert option based on whats been shared so far about usual mechanics

What would you like to chat about?

Genny has shared a few things with me that lead me to believe she is village, which is why I vouched for her a few days ago. I still feel she is likely village based on what she has shared.
Why do you think cheezit is a wolf?
Besides him and mj, who do you suspect?

What do you think of WM? Snowy?

And @cray you fabricated a lot of the emotions you claim I am experiencing. That reply was made when I was not feeling defensive at all LITERALLY JUST TRYING TO EXPLAIN.

PS my current emotion is annoyance/eye roll, not defensiveness/anger/anything else you could misconstrue
I can't say how you feel. I can only say one way that someone might read it and interpret it. Why your posts have the tone they do when I read them.

I think your a convert for all its worth and this question, is what I meant by feigning noob and trying to throw shade on them where as a wolf you would already know the answer to this.

But I am operating under the assumption that if the alpha cannot be lynched, im assuming there is at least 1 other OG wolf - which puts them at 5 wolves to start. So I would think 1 convert option based on whats been shared so far about usual mechanics
I don’t want to start a convert hunt just yet. But if conversion happened on that first no kill night, then it makes me think Cubs wasn’t the convert. Cubs knew I wanted to be attacked at night. It’s kind of a stretch in my opinion for the wolves to attack me knowing I wouldn’t die just to possibly maybe give cubs some village cred if I spoke up about it.

I'm assuming there's been another conversion but I'm not sure where I said there has definitely been one??

~~~~~~~
We have all night actions and can close soon

Please submit changes ASAP (like, next 5 min) if you have had a change of heart

~~~~~~~

Reactions: 2 users