HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's simply another type of third party. Neither chaos nor neutral.
A serial killer is a different role entirely and more like a lone wolf than anything else. They have to be last man standing to win.

:(

are there third parties besides neutrals, chaos and serial killers? cause AM in this game looked like a restricted serial. curious to know what more third parties are there since all I see are just neutrals and chaos.

Members don't see this ad :)
:(

are there third parties besides neutrals, chaos and serial killers? cause AM in this game looked like a restricted serial. curious to know what more third parties are there since all I see are just neutrals and chaos.

Yes. There probably are dozens of them due to the fact that win conditions are outside the binary.

Reactions: 1 user
But like, I asked to join tot chat because it was just so wrong and I had to complain :laugh:

But also, it's number of events that would lead to a desired outcome divided by total events possible. Lynching wolf=desired outcome. YOU WANT ANY OF THEM NOT JUST ONE.
You guys realize AM was trolling at that point, right? Lol

Yes. There probably are dozens of them due to the fact that win conditions are outside the binary.

:confused:

Nope lol
The simplest definition is chaos has an exclusive win condition and neutral can win with either side. Neutral can still have other elements to their win condition.

But somewhere along the line "chaos" started being able to win with wolves or villagers. Hence confusion.
Nope. There's a reason the terminology is linked to win condition. Chaos implies they need to be gone before the end of the game. Neutral does not.
And I wasn't the one asking questions ;)

I was thinking chaos = third party with a specific win condition?

So a serial killer is a chaos whose win condition is to kill everyone else and be last one alive? But serial is another third party different from chaos or neutral.

:confused:

I was thinking chaos = third party with a specific win condition?

So a serial killer is a chaos whose win condition is to kill everyone else and be last one alive?
You could term it that way I guess...I've just always thought of serial killers as their own thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
A serial killer is not a chaos, but the rest is true..
what other third parties aren't considered chaos? because the definition of chaos is third party with a specific win condition?

I guess this is confusing because chaos has a lot of different win conditions possible so that can broadly include many third parties.

You’re right. I suck and contributed nothing. Bye Felicia
psssst. She's making a sexual joke about you saying you caught BJ and MJ "in the act"

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
@muttmanager

1. I never said you were BAD at wolf hunting, I said that I haven't seen enough of your play to say that you were a good wolf hunter.
2. I highly suggest you take a deep breath after reading anything before you play it up in your own head and get offended. If you put half as much effort into wolf hunting as you do getting riled up, being contrary, or holding grudges, you might actually be one of the best players we've seen.
3. You ARE a hot garbage wolf hunter.
you're just salty no one believed your lies

Reactions: 3 users
Yes!

I am glad the mods knew to give me the most judgmental role possible
Which, as an aside, I think this role really only gained utility as the playing field narrowed, because the condition for closing lynch was that half or more of all possible votes had to be on one player for us to close the lynch early. I see the reasoning for the restriction but it really kept the early lynch close out of play until mid to late game because it's rare to have that much village consensus on one candidate early in the game.

I think I could have gotten up to a lot of shenanigans if I had been allowed to close when half of the votes on the board at the time were on a player, but that's probably related to my enjoyment of causing confusion.

Also, as an aside, a variant of this is a role I've always wanted to put into a game and haven't been able to

what other third parties aren't considered chaos? because the definition of chaos is third party with a specific win condition?

I guess this is confusing because chaos has a lot of different win conditions possible so that can broadly include many third parties.

Well, it's kind of like this. All chaoses are third party, but not all third parties are chaos.

Think of the chaos as mac and cheese and third parties as every type of dried pasta in the world.

Reactions: 1 users
Which, as an aside, I think this role really only gained utility as the playing field narrowed, because the condition for closing lynch was that half or more of all possible votes had to be on one player for us to close the lynch early. I see the reasoning for the restriction but it really kept the early lynch close out of play until mid to late game because it's rare to have that much village consensus on one candidate early in the game.

I think I could have gotten up to a lot of shenanigans if I had been allowed to close when half of the votes on the board at the time were on a player, but that's probably related to my enjoyment of causing confusion.

Also, as an aside, a variant of this is a role I've always wanted to put into a game and haven't been able to
I regretted using it on bryn yesterday when it was just dead all day and I couldn't close it on mel :laugh:

I would have screamed bloody murder if the lynch closed early on me.

I would have screamed bloody murder if the lynch closed early on me.
Which is exactly why I was sad I didn't get enough votes to close it early on you

This role is the WW equivalent of giving somebody blue balls. I revel in the chance to cut somebody off right when they're fixing to start laying into arguing with the other players on thread :p

Okay but like actually, who the **** thought a Mel-dubz-AM crazy train was a good idea

No no. AM must be in the middle. Cheezit and I try to kill each other too much.
Yeah but by your own admission you won’t pull the plug on AM until you have to even if you think she’s sketch. So like, letting you all PM is a bad idea :laugh:

No no. AM must be in the middle. Cheezit and I try to kill each other too much.
Its true. Can confirm. There's even footage:

tenor.gif

Yeah but by your own admission you won’t pull the plug on AM until you have to even if you think she’s sketch. So like, letting you all PM is a bad idea :laugh:
It's certainly a fun idea though :heckyeah:
I dunno we'll have to test it when she's a wolf again.